The PEA

I'm surprised no one has yet posted something complimentary about the superb job the electric authorities has done this last rain season.  We've had some of the worst storms for years yet its been made far more manageable through little or no power cuts.

They've rightly slated over the years so how about a bit of credit where credits due!

Maybe in your area,where I live everytime it rains,the transformers

start exploding,so several times there have been blackouts,as well

as the water been cut off,one day for 11 hours,so I  think Thailand

is still a 3rd World Country,and just accept it for what it is.add Internet to the problems.

regards Worgeordie

I agree Carmine.

Living at the 'pointy' end of the island, we are usually prone to more power outages than most.

This winter has been one of the better ones (touch wood). One or two outages of up to an hour and lots of off/on again but nothing serious.

I see that the UK and the USA have major outages at the moment. I suppose they they are third world countries as well then.

Island hint for the helpless #27 when my water is not coming out of the tap (usually power cut) and it is raining (pretty much every day recently), I just put containers outside. Usually works.

I haven't been down but during both floodings the Thong Nai Pan road got hammered; landslides, large numbers of poles washed away/buried.  Both times fixed as fast as they could clear the road.  Access over the mountains seems to have been the only thing keeping the power off.

Compared to say 5 years ago when the local PEA manager had to lock himself in his office because he told the locals no one cared if they had power or not and the locals offered him an immediate trip to the pier (it was midnight).

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Come on Eva... ^^^ no reserving judgement for that long! :ph34r:

Internet been no problem either at least with 3bb.... :smile:

...what I meant was I'll do the full English Haka c/w Morris bells and a jesters 'at if I get through April without once bellowing "F.. F....S....!" :)

Archived