Need to get a whole book scanned and turnd into pdf

Kaalle

A whole book will be expensive anyway. By the way what does that mean anywhere? There's one in bkk not far from Siam paragon. I know one in Pattaya next to the police station on beach rd. There are two in Chiang Mai in the shopping mall. 

There's also one in rayong next to the hair salon. 

16 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

A whole book will be expensive anyway. By the way what does that mean anywhere? There's one in bkk not far from Siam paragon. I know one in Pattaya next to the police station on beach rd. There are two in Chiang Mai in the shopping mall. 

There's also one in rayong next to the hair salon. 

Not a lot of good if he's located in Phuket (check the sub-forum this is posted on).

It would almost be as expensive as buying a cheap all-in-one printer/scanner.

Instead of paying for scans why not take photo's of the required pages at your leisure and in the comfort of your own home.

Once you have a digital copy you can do with them what you wish.

Simply save as JPEGs for viewing, print them or convert them to other formats depending on your end usage

Click on the  the attachments.

I took a photo of a page of my trusty Oxford English and uploaded to my laptop.

Then got it converted online for free to editable word and PDF documents.

OE.jpg

OE.docx

OE.pdf

Edited by prophet01

2 hours ago, prophet01 said:

Instead of paying for scans why not take photo's of the required pages at your leisure and in the comfort of your own home.

Once you have a digital copy you can do with them what you wish.

Simply save as JPEGs for viewing, print them or convert them to other formats depending on your end usage

Click on the  the attachments.

I took a photo of a page of my trusty Oxford English and uploaded to my laptop.

Then got it converted online for free to editable word and PDF documents.

OE.jpg

OE.docx

OE.pdf

That is actually a pretty good idea since most Iphones or other smart phone cameras are pretty good these days and probably approach or exceed the quality of your typical photocopy machine.  Having said that, I think it might still be worthwhile to ask one of the ladies that typically are running the internet café or copy shop what they would charge to do it.  Pay them something for their time of course.  Can't hurt to ask. 

Presuming it's a book that has been published at some time so why not try e-book download.

Lots of e-book download sites in the internet, may of them for free, and you usually have a choice of what format to download.

There are also format changers available if you can't find a PDF.

https://www.google.co.th/#q=ebook+downloads+free

Or search one of these sites for your title:-

http://extratorrent.cc/category/2/Books+Torrents.html

https://thepiratebay.org/top/200

:smile:

You can get an A4 sized flatbed scanner which will scan to multi-page pdf, jpeg etc from Lazada for less than 2,500 Baht, I doubt you'd be able to find any shop that would scan a book for less than that.

Get the scanner and a good bottle of something tasty and spend a day (or weekend if it's a long book!) and have at it.

1 hour ago, fester the benevolent said:

You can get an A4 sized flatbed scanner which will scan to multi-page pdf, jpeg etc from Lazada for less than 2,500 Baht, I doubt you'd be able to find any shop that would scan a book for less than that.

Get the scanner and a good bottle of something tasty and spend a day (or weekend if it's a long book!) and have at it.

You can get printers with flat-bed scanner for less than 1800 Bt at Big C complex.