Pool Tables In Chiang Mai?

keyser

I´ve seen a pool table at a place besides mad dog resturant, and somewhere near tapai gate where I want to see thai boxing. Can´t remember the name of that place, but it was a square of pubs, one called "cheerleaders" I think and it had a pool table(anyone know the name of that place)?

Anyone know of good places to shoot some pool or snooker(especially some that have a nice quiter wibe than the "cheerleaders" one)?

Near Huay Keew Road would be even better.

Edited by keyser

I´ve seen a pool table at a place besides mad dog resturant, and somewhere near tapai gate where I want to see thai boxing. Can´t remember the name of that place, but it was a square of pubs, one called "cheerleaders" I think and it had a pool table(anyone know the name of that place)?

Anyone know of good places to shoot some pool or snooker(especially some that have a nice quiter wibe than the "cheerleaders" one)?

Near Huay Keew Road would be even better.

Bit confused by your description of “Cheerleaders”! The Boxing bar beer centre at Thapae Gate does not have a “Cheerleaders” Bar. Don’t know about the other Boxing Bar beer centre on Loi Kroi Rd (LEC). There is a Chiang Mai Pool League of 18 teams, suggest you contact one of them. Points of contact are December Bar, Chiangers & Bangers & The Local. Good tables tend to be at Half Moon, Rock Hard (has a new name but no sign!) And Outback (next to the Thapae Gate Bar Beer Centre).

As far as I know snooker is only available at Thai snooker halls.

December Bar, Chiangers & Bangers & The Local... where are these places?

I´m pretty sure it was called cheerleaders, but I might be wrong. The thai boxing ring was in the middle of this, one place had the pool table, another place had ladyboys dancing YMCA!

Thanks for the help.

Nothing of this close to Huay Keew Road ?

Thapae Hotel on one of the lower sois (left going down Thapae) used to have a couple of decent snooker tables. O'Malleys has a fairly decent pool, albeit 9-ball, table. Seem to remember Why Not Bar on Loi Kroh also having a good slate one. Don't know about Huay Kaew but Nimmanhemin is bound to have a few venues.

December Bar, Chiangers & Bangers & The Local... where are these places?

I´m pretty sure it was called cheerleaders, but I might be wrong. The thai boxing ring was in the middle of this, one place had the pool table, another place had ladyboys dancing YMCA!

Thanks for the help.

Nothing of this close to Huay Keew Road ?

There are two bar beer boxing centres now (Gallare no longer has one I think!) Loi Kroi (LEC) and Tha Phae Bar Beer Boxing Centre (TPBBBC). In the (TPBBBC) are at least 7 tables (& 8 Bars) it is the one that would be having a lady boy show around 11pm and playing YMCA. Don’t think LEC does that any more, but may be wrong.

December Bar is on Ratchamancha Rd (off Moonmuang rd just south of Tha Phae gate) about 5-min on the north side.

Local is on soi 9 Moonmuang Rd

Chiangers & Bangers is near Spicey on Chayaphum Rd (east side of the moat )

If in the (TPBBBC) area suggest you pop into True Blue /Outback and talk to John who ran the CMP League for the last five years. (As a matter of interest it is one of the very few tables that have totally unrestricted 360 degree access with a full size cue. Eg all the bars in the (TPBBBC) need small cues for some shots because of pillars as do a number of the CMPL venues.

John you owe me a beer for this plug

None of the CMPL teams are any where near Huay Kaew

Edited by scottie dog

I stopped by the bowling alley to check out the pool tables. Nice place for snooker but they chose to purchase bar sized pool tables. I suggested that if they invested in regulation size billiard tables for serious 8 and 9 ball players they would get lots of Farang money. They insisted that they had purchased billiard tables. Oh well......

Is there a single high quality (or low quality) regulation size pool table in all of Chiang Mai?

Edited by ricklev