Going Back To School Years After Dropping Out

engrin

My girlfriend dropped out of school when she was around 13.

She wants to go back to school so she can get a better job.

The problem, she says, is that she can only go once a week to special school for people who are older.

She also said that she could not go back to the "normal school" because in Thailand if you drop out, you can't go back.

I'd like her to go to some sort of school. I think Monday - Friday would be best. Going just once a week will take her forever to complete a program.

My Thai isn't great so I thought I would post here before trying to visit a college.

I'd like her to go to a trade school or college that can teach her some basic computer skills, some English, etc.

As far as someone told me, it's not about not being able to go nack in legal terms, it's about losing too much face, but I'm not sure about ir. Maybe someone else could come ip with some more inputs.

The educational system has a program so that adults who dropped out of school can get their certificates....or at least they did have one last year. I'm not sure how often people went but it seems like they finished in about six months and then got their credentials. If she could do that then she could go to Ramkamheng University I think.

Chownah