Thais impressed as legless farang burger seller wows internet

webfact

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

Good on him, although I do not really see the "news" aspect in this case!

Guy has a streak of bad luck, but goes on, making the best of his life!

Nice, but hardly sensational and "impressive"!

What are Thais used to, is what I ask myself, if they fond this kind of behavior so superduper great?

I think his story is highly UNusual (and I admire the guy for pulling through), but we get so many stories like these nowadays (apparently) with the internet and shooting so many people in those video games that some of us might be so desensitized and soon so dehumanized. Soon, some of us might get to be so "de-empathized" (which I admit the former should have cover it, but I added this one because I need to be UNusual to have any chance nowadays --and maybe a whole lot more, apparently!) that we will become a really scary species as in psychopathic and sociopathic, perhaps. Is this where things are heading? Is he the canary in the mine?

It could also be that this comment is some false bravado! 

I will let the community judge which is which?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, fruitman said:

Guess the fact he has a kid and is disabled makes the difference.

I wished there were more farang streetfood vendors, or ones with their own snackbars/restaurants.  Not because they are farang but because i expect a certain standard from them, most streetvendors live in the slumps without any hygiene, i won't buy food from them.

I know of farang who do business with their thai wives, she sells and he stands next to her all day long doing nothing. Well that's what Thailand allows/wants so that's what they get. 

Also i know of Thai having restaurants in the West and working there on illegal papers. I don't care but it's unfair for the ones who do have legal papers.

There's also a farang who sells plastic crap from out of his motocy here in BKK.

Thailand has so many westerners here it could become the hub of western streetfood cooked by westerners. The Thai streetfoodvendors won't like it though but i won't buy from them since it's always filthy around their shops and they can't speak english or won't show a retailprice.

I always eat street food when out and about and have never got crook in 41 years.I would rather give my money to people that deserve it.I ask the price beforehand,they do understand that much english for those too lazy to learn.

4 hours ago, Paruk said:

My wife can make you a real one, like the ones you can get in Turkey! On a real pide, with proper yoghurt garlic sauce and spicy Turkish red sauce. With some of my input she can also make you a true Iskender kebab, patlican kebab and more of that delicious Turkish food. I'm not sure though, if her cooking services are for sale. For now, I'm the only one that can have those divine dishes at regular intervals.

(Sorry, just wanted to see you drool! ;-) )

But does she speak english,apparently this is the main criteria.

i went into the bakery in Pattaya the other day.I said,"i'd like a cockroach please"

girl looked at me a bit strange and replied "sorry sir we dont sell cockroaches" once again i said,a bit more forcibly "i'd like a cockroach please" she said 'Sir,i can assure you we do not sell cockroaches" i said 'Yes you do,you had one in the window yesterday"....

Iyyyy Thank you.

Ok i'll get me coat.

My wife can make you a real one, like the ones you can get in Turkey! On a real pide, with proper yoghurt garlic sauce and spicy Turkish red sauce. With some of my input she can also make you a true Iskender kebab, patlican kebab and more of that delicious Turkish food. I'm not sure though, if her cooking services are for sale. For now, I'm the only one that can have those divine dishes at regular intervals.

(Sorry, just wanted to see you drool! ;-) )

Sound lovely but he was probably talking about the British mystery meet one's

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, nottocus said:

All about face. They wouldn't be able to handle it when a farang does a better job than them.

Na ,  his biggest problem is  the nasty farlangs reporting him ,

Thai people admire him ,   different cultures . 

Good luck to that man .

Good luck to him.

What is the problem with some people on here like school kids, why is he able to get away with this, where is his work permit, <deleted> sake get over it, the man clearly has faced enough adversity in his life and deserves a break.

To all those jealous people out there why not try hacking your legs off and then try to do anything. The man deserves respect and he gets a hats off from me.

10 hours ago, daiwill60 said:

if he is allowed to do this openly, then why can't others?

Why do we constantly hear about we cant do this , cant do that or the authorities will on you like a ton of bricks, and yet we see stories like this every so often, without explanation of how they do it regarding the visa requirements etc etc??

Do they have the required visas, WPs etc ?  Not berating them or anythng and good luck to them, but would just like to know,  because maybe I could start up a Welsh Cakes stand or sell Leek soup or something????:smile:

Legally he is not allowed to do this without a work permit, which he cant get a work permit for this type of work as it does not meet the requirements. Therefore he is working illegally,  but until someone complains about him nothing will happen. 

I do not wish to take anything away from this man, trying to make an honest living despite his condition. Good on him, and that's a lot of strength and will. What I fail to understand is, what is it with Thais and underprivileged foreigners making an honest living? Why do they all go gooey and jelly-kneed? I don't see them bat an eyelid if it was a crippled Thai trying to make an honest living and put food on the table.

1 hour ago, outsider said:

I do not wish to take anything away from this man, trying to make an honest living despite his condition. Good on him, and that's a lot of strength and will. What I fail to understand is, what is it with Thais and underprivileged foreigners making an honest living? Why do they all go gooey and jelly-kneed? I don't see them bat an eyelid if it was a crippled Thai trying to make an honest living and put food on the table.

theyre  simplistic

UPDATE:

Handicapped burger seller says his "life has collapsed" after media attention

2a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- The westerner with no legs who created a sensation on social media after being featured selling burgers in Bangkok says his life is being ruined.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/964434-handicapped-burger-seller-says-his-life-has-collapsed-after-media-attention/

2 hours ago, outsider said:

Because Thais have been brainwashed to believe

all Farang are millionaires 

5 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

I do not understand why he can not get a Restricted Class 1 Flying Physical and fly at least Cargo or Charter Flights.

i would be checking in Asia, they have different rules for flying in Asia.

Good luck and God Bless !!

"they have different rules for flying in Asia"...............No they haven`t and thank God for that.These are International rules which applies to all.

A minor implosion unfolding on facebook. Appears much of the grief is in Thai. Close the page, NNB.

Would not surprise me if the focus is non thai visa preoccupied issues, ie documentation.

Edited by optad

1 minute ago, ThaiCitizen said:

Respect for what? Breaking the law?

Your comment is disgusting.

Do you have use of your legs?

Answer probably yes. He doesnt, i dont.

So next time you are out walking stop think there but for the grace of god.

8 minutes ago, ThaiCitizen said:

Respect for what? Breaking the law?

All good except for the pilot bit.

But cut the guy some slack. Wouldnt be the first person in Asia to "embellish" his credentials and most certainly wont be the last.

Hope it all works out well for him and he learns that he doesn't have to make himself out to be more than he already is cause he already is a winner.

1 hour ago, optad said:

A minor implosion unfolding on facebook. Appears much of the grief is in Thai. Close the page, NNB.

Would not surprise me if the focus is non thai visa preoccupied issues, ie documentation.

golly ,  u  mean  those  nice  Thais are  hurling  the crap at  him

21 hours ago, daiwill60 said:

I am sure he is a great guy and well done to him, but regardless of his disability , if he is allowed to do this openly, then why can't others?

It is a similar story with the other guy a while back who has become a local celeb openly making and selling Phad Thai somewhere in Thailand.

Why do we constantly hear about we cant do this , cant do that or the authorities will on you like a ton of bricks, and yet we see stories like this every so often, without explanation of how they do it regarding the visa requirements etc etc??

Do they have the required visas, WPs etc ?  Not berating them or anythng and good luck to them, but would just like to know,  because maybe I could start up a Welsh Cakes stand or sell Leek soup or something????:smile:

Maybe because they have some compassion for the guy, giving him a pass on regulations. Good I think.