Honest Taxi Driver Returns Bag Containing Over 200,000 Baht To Norwegian Tourist With The Help Of The Tourist Police.

britmaveric

Honest Taxi Driver returns bag containing over 200,000 Baht to Norwegian Tourist with the help of the Tourist Police.

09_12_2.jpg

A nice story now from the Tourist Police Station located half-way up the Pratamnuk Mountain. Police Captain Wattana oversaw this case which begun with a visit to the station by Khun Soopat, a taxi driver who had picked up a Foreign man from the Suvanabumi Airport in Bangkok and brought him down to a Hotel on Walking Street, South Pattaya.

Mr. Per Kristian Rustan aged 52 from Norway left the Taxi and all appeared normal as Khun Soopat returned to Bangkok. He soon realized that a small bag had been left behind by the Norwegian and inside was 900 US Dollars, 70 Euro’s, 100 Pounds Sterling and 200 Norwegian Krona. Khun Soopat made his way back to the Hotel but could not locate Mr. Rustan so he made his way to the Tourist Police Station where Police assisted him in locating Mr. Rustan who was reunited with his bag and its contents at the Tourist Police Station.

As a token of his appreciation, Mr. Rustan offered Khun Sopat 200 US Dollars which was gratefully received.

-Pattaya City News

Saturday 9th December 2006

Well Done Khun Soopat!!! :o

Edited by britmaveric

this is a slap in the face to all of those thai bashers on this site !

say thank you and return to the usual run of the mill stuff like shootings, rape, child abuse, baht bus fares etc. ?

i suggest an account be opened by a founder member of this forum at a local bank

into which anyone can pay in to say thank you from this community.

on closure of the donation period, perhaps 2 weeks, the man should be presented with the money.

appropiate coverage by the thai media should be arranged.

as guests in this country we should all say thank you to people like this honest taxi driver.

its encouraging and uplifting to read of events like this , and restores ones faith in the basic honesty of human beings.

i suggest an account be opened by a founder member of this forum at a local bank

into which anyone can pay in to say thank you from this community.

however this suggestion is a hysterical overreaction , the taxi driver has only returned that which wasnt his to keep anyway , he hasnt discovered a cure for cancer or solved the middle east problem , and the man has already been adequately rewarded for doing the right thing. further grovelling hyper gratitude is uncalled for.

I have heard of similar stories of tourists leaving items in taxis

the drivers returning the items,

They’re not all thieves, beggars’ :D convicts, :D jailbird’s :D , and any other. :o

this is s good topic to bring up a bar with a farang and his big chip on his shoulder, watch him cringe :D when you tell this story

They’re not all thieves, beggars’ :D convicts, :D jailbird’s :D , and any other. :D

this is s good topic to bring up a bar with a farang and his big chip on his shoulder, watch him cringe :D when you tell this story

He will cringe at the fact that some one had 200,000bht in the first place, and then he will cringe because he didnt find it and spend it. I have seen farangs anoyed because thai's are in the bank putting money into their account, "How can they afford that ahhhhhhh" Then there head explodes while sitting in some beer bars drinking Tiger beer at 10am morning :o

"i suggest an account be opened by a founder member of this forum at a local bank

into which anyone can pay in to say thank you from this community."

How about a nomination for the Nobel peace prize too?... :o

More seriously, Good on ya Khun Soopat!! Good lad :D

Edited by ashacat

He soon realized that a small bag had been left behind by the Norwegian and inside was 900 US Dollars, 70 Euro’s, 100 Pounds Sterling and 200 Norwegian Krona.

I was never very bright when it comes to calculations, but the above mentioned aren't near 200k. Maybe around 45k.

If the driver received 200Us$ I think it was a fair deal on both sides. If the Norwegian really had 200,000 Baht in the car, I think 200 Us$ are a little bit shabby :D

One should consider the average income of a taxi driver in Thailand to judge this case. I think a cab driver makes around 10 a month net.

So the alleged sum of 200.000 are equally 20 month of his net profit.

Maybe most Farangs here have around 50-100k a month net, so 20 month of hard work :o for the average Farang would be 1 to 2 Million Baht.

What would you do, if you make 100k a month and find a case with 2 Million in and you have a chance to give it back?

They’re not all thieves, beggars’ :D convicts, :D jailbird’s :D , and any other. :D

He will cringe at the fact that some one had 200,000bht in the first place, and then he will cringe because he didnt find it and spend it. I have seen farangs anoyed because thai's are in the bank putting money into their account, "How can they afford that ahhhhhhh" Then there head explodes while sitting in some beer bars drinking Tiger beer at 10am morning :o

Rocky and Bolt, you're both welcome to join us in General Topics in the Brit Bashing thread,

input is a bit thin on the ground at the moment. :D

Well done Khun Soopat!

Edited by Robski