Is BKK Boring Without Street Vendors?

eldragon

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

Trust me I'd walk right through you and your cheap polyester suites . Was the seminar to sell buty products ? 

Nope i don't trust you matey, and i don't even wear suites 5555, the seminar was about how to get rid of cockroach farang who give BKK a bad name and have nothing to add nor to spend. They should be removed like the streetvendors cause they're standing in the way (at the tesco foodcourt) so the cleaners have to wait for them.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously have a short memory . You said the Thais had spoken . You also mentioned non tax paying thives . Does that include air b&b owners ? Let's revisit idiotic again shall we ? 

Your seriously not very bright. Did I steal my condo, was it public land.. Did I move it in front of the landmark hotel for half the rate, did I block off the sois and cause gridlock? Was I paying the mafia for its location

Who's the idiot Again?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Nope i don't trust you matey, and i don't even wear suites 5555, the seminar was about how to get rid of cockroach farang who give BKK a bad name and have nothing to add nor to spend. They should be removed like the streetvendors cause they're standing in the way (at the tesco foodcourt) so the cleaners have to wait for them.

I thought you said ten minutes ago she was a high flying city trader ? I'd say street trader that loves to play dress up . Has she been an air  hostess / school teacher/ maid this week ? Ask her if sh can be a police woman next week I like the uniform and will tip

accordingly .

25 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Your seriously not very bright. Did I steal my condo, was it public land.. Did I move it in front of the landmark hotel for half the rate, did I block off the sois and cause gridlock? Was I paying the mafia for its location

Who's the idiot Again?

You avoided the part about not paying tax ..cockroach much ? Does buying a cheaply built condo somehow negate your tax responsibilities ? You seem to love the fringe benefits of living in thailand but when these benefits upset your little pompous apple cart you throw your toys out of the pram . To say you are a fool is an understatement . 

You avoided the part about not paying tax ..cockroach much ? Does buying a cheaply built condo somehow negate your tax responsibilities ? You seem to love the fringe benefits of living in thailand but when these benefits upset your little pompous apple cart you throw your toys out of the pram . To say you are a fool is an understatement . 

Not a single farang pays tax on condo rentals
I would be the first to step forward when they tell us how to and what percentage.
It's not just air bnb but all long term rentals and its not just farang but thais as well

I look forward to the day that happens [emoji3]

It's a good problem to have but you sound like a bitter renter.. Not SO GOOD!

23 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Not a single farang pays tax on condo rentals
I would be the first to step forward when they tell us how to and what percentage.
It's not just air bnb but all long term rentals and its not just farang but thais as well

I look forward to the day that happens emoji3.png

It's a good problem to have but you sound like a bitter renter.. Not SO GOOD!

See the difference between you and I is  that you think you are above Thais . You whine like a little girl about street hawkers not paying tax and pitching up

wherever they feel like it but you are doing exactly the same thing . What's good for the goose is good for the gander . Bitter renter ? You really are grasping at straws .

See the difference between you and I is  that you think you are above Thais . You whine like a little girl about street hawkers not paying tax and pitching up

wherever they feel like it but you are doing exactly the same thing . What's good for the goose is good for the gander . Bitter renter ? You really ate grasping at straws .

Every farang landlord in Thailand must file a TM30 form and I don't expect you to know what that is however they know exactly how many tenants we get. It's a no brainer but we are the good guys in

guys like yourself who rely on street noodles they want out !

The doors are closing on broke farang, started with border runners and now no more cheap food either. It's gotta Suck right???

I rest my case [emoji3]

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Every farang landlord in Thailand must file a TM30 form and I don't expect you to know what that is however they know exactly how many tenants we get. It's a no brainer but we are the good guys in
guys like yourself who rely on street noodles they want out !

I rest my case emoji3.png

Your not a landlord you run a cheap air bnb. I rest my case . 

Your not a landlord you run a cheap air bnb. I rest my case . 

Oh dear bitter little man much?

Being a landlord doesn't fall in your lap buddy.. You gotta work for it!

Case CLOSED [emoji3]

10 minutes ago, mcfish said:

Oh dear bitter little man much?

Being a landlord doesn't fall in your lap buddy.. You gotta work for it!

Case CLOSED emoji3.png

Bitter much ? A whiney old cretin moaning that  life is not perfect and I'm bitter ? Get a grip you old fool . You are effectively a guest house owner thinking he's struck it rich . Pays no tax and I'm the bitter one ? Your on a retirement visa life's clock isn't running out son tick tock tick tock 

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Bitter much ? A whiney old cretin moaning that  life is not perfect and I'm bitter ? Get a grip you old fool . You are effectively a guest house owner thinking he's struck it rich . Pays no tax and I'm the bitter one ? Your on a retirement visa life's clock isn't running out son tick tock tick tock 

This kind of rhetoric reminds me of why I spend much less time on TV these days. Life's really so short albeit a lot shorter for some of the older members on here. I think more people shouldn't get so toxic or embroiled in selfless like tripe or other compositional techniques vying for control or pole position in the post stakes in a virtual sense. 

Particularly, because our voiced opinions go no further than these avid readers themselves. Threats also go unheard, considering I've never heard of anyone being assaulted or hospitalised from these forums. 

Admittedly, on a few occasions, I would quite gladly have liked to confront some people on here to explain what seems to be their problems. Especially those  who've really got my goat at times. 

I've just spent quite a considerable amount of time amongst my own kinda people in Scotland & England of late making me realise Thailand ain't really that great. However, our company works all over Asia me residing at times in Bkk although think there's a certain breed of expats who really think they're so unique. I agree, just like everyone else - lol. 

What happened to these aged seniors that makes them so enraged turning into a turncoat against their own kind. 

Life is what you make it I suppose but I'll bet most of these whinging old bastards used to be a lot of fun in their heyday. I've no right to make assumptions but hey' loosen up and let's make these forums fun again. 

That's my Shiite for the day.  

The mind boggles.  

8 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

Why would I move to Pattaya to eat Thai street food. Pattaya hasn't had decent Thai food in twenty years, let alone street food.

I rarely eat farang food and despite living in central BKK no clue where you've found farang street food outside of KSR. A total un-neccessity. Bet I've had one pizza a year the last decade, maybe.

So you clearly also know nothing about Pattaya.

Aren't you all finally feeling stupid when you believe that what you think is the truth ? You just are all wrong and ridiculous !

36 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

This kind of rhetoric reminds me of why I spend much less time on TV these days. Life's really so short albeit a lot shorter for some of the older members on here. I think more people shouldn't get so toxic or embroiled in selfless like tripe or other compositional techniques vying for control or pole position in the post stakes in a virtual sense. 

Particularly, because our voiced opinions go no further than these avid readers themselves. Threats also go unheard, considering I've never heard of anyone being assaulted or hospitalised from these forums. 

Admittedly, on a few occasions, I would quite gladly have liked to confront some people on here to explain what seems to be their problems. Especially those  who've really got my goat at times. 

I've just spent quite a considerable amount of time amongst my own kinda people in Scotland & England of late making me realise Thailand ain't really that great. However, our company works all over Asia me residing at times in Bkk although think there's a certain breed of expats who really think they're so unique. I agree, just like everyone else - lol. 

What happened to these aged seniors that makes them so enraged turning into a turncoat against their own kind. 

Life is what you make it I suppose but I'll bet most of these whinging old bastards used to be a lot of fun in their heyday. I've no right to make assumptions but hey' loosen up and let's make these forums fun again. 

That's my Shiite for the day.  

The mind boggles.  

Totally agree with you . At times the law of the jungle needs to be applied just to shut these miserable old sods up . One of the coolest men I know is 83 lives in thailand and enjoys the place for what it is . He has not lost the prospective that bought him here . I'm from a working class background and will never forget my roots, I refuse to belittle the little guy in the street just because I was lucky enough to come good . I don't need tv forums to boast about wealth to massage my own ego . Trust me when I say I'm doing far better then most of these egotistical old fuddy duddys . Have a good day anyway chap 

On 2017/1/19 at 4:50 AM, Kinnock said:

Yes - it's getting that way.  And without the colorful distraction of the street stalls, you begin to focus on the poor condition of the sidewalks, open drains, rats etc.

That's true Kinnock, government everywhere in the world doesn't see things the way the man on the street sees.

Sometimes when I read the paper I wonder if we really need the government. When things are going well the government doesn't see it. Why do away with things people need.

All they have to do is to keep the place reasonably clean and repair what needs repair that's about all. When I say reasonably clean I mean reasonably clean, no necessity to destroy the original character of the place, there is an ambience there and certain charm if you can see it( that's where government fail to see) Don't believe me just go to Singapore, the street stalls are very very clean, but you don't feel like sitting around and relax there. You just eat and leave.

14 hours ago, fruitman said:

Well then it's time to move on and find a better place. I heard good things about cambodia and much cheaper there...or Laos, or venezuela.

Off course that comment would show up from you again. Explaination needed once again. As you understand it´s not just as simple for everybody to pack and leave. Some of us have wife and children, and started a new life in this country. I do not know you status and circumstances, but maby you understand that a comment like that just not work. On the other hand it was just an opinion, and really nothing that is so big so people move out of that reason. Now maybe even you can understand. Just wanted to help you a bit.

14 hours ago, fruitman said:

Penang Georgetown is the capital of streetfood in Asia...not BKK.

Nothing wrong with hawkers unless there are far too manyof them and they start selling crap/blocking walkways. That's the case in Sukhumvit but also along the mainroads where they cause accidents by cars who stop for them.

I ate minced meat once at a friends house...i noticed strange pieces of meat in it, looked like dogfood..it was ground longues from a pig, so it was dogfood....

enjoy your meals!

Oh we also have a different definition about what's "clean". Boy do those vendors make the sidewalk filthy...and smelly.

I bet I've been to Penang fifty times. It's a great place but IMO street food is not so great especially on JL Chulia. Best food is in well established restys, many decades old.

It's not a here vs there. Penang is OK. Thailand is more than OK. Not zero sum.

8 hours ago, BsBs said:

So you clearly also know nothing about Pattaya.

Aren't you all finally feeling stupid when you believe that what you think is the truth ? You just are all wrong and ridiculous !

Correct

I know nothing about it.

My first trip to Pattaya in 1998 I thought why isn't there more Thai food? I quickly learned that was due to the huge amnt of farang and them not eating it.

From 2003-2008 I more or less lived in Pattaya from May till October. When I left it was a much changed, sad little place largely devoid of decent people and Thai food.

I was down visiting a friend for a day last year. Found it next to impossible to find decent Thai food although with large effort, it can be found.

I severely doubt there is more Thai food post 2007 with the onslaught of Russians and South Asians.

But yeah, years living in central Pattaya, know nothing of it.

2 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Correct

I know nothing about it.

My first trip to Pattaya in 1998 I thought why isn't there more Thai food? I quickly learned that was due to the huge amnt of farang and them not eating it.

From 2003-2008 I more or less lived in Pattaya from May till October. When I left it was a much changed, sad little place largely devoid of decent people and Thai food.

I was down visiting a friend for a day last year. Found it next to impossible to find decent Thai food although with large effort, it can be found.

I severely doubt there is more Thai food post 2007 with the onslaught of Russians and South Asians.

But yeah, years living in central Pattaya, know nothing of it.

Now that is a place that could use some "land clearing" .... pushing it into the sea to wash it away.... :shock1:

14 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Maybe your right but maybe your wife doesn't like to see reminders of her previous life as a soi walker . I heard that brings back the ptsd . Now she gets to bring back 1000 baht sausages .... living the dream baby 

So completely out of order!

It's  rapidly appoaching the boring stage. The street vendors and their wares and food are one of the major tourist attractions to Bangkok. Another factor seriously affecting this tourism attraction are the many areas scheduled to disappear because of new developments, mainly of overpriced condos or shopping centres which are obviously a money laundering project for the investors. Examples are Hemmingways on Sukhumvit soi 14, now gone and due to be replaced by one of the above mentioned developments and cheap charlies just off soi 11 plus the very good adjacent restaurants, soon to go. The information I have that almost all these new developments are on land owned by indians, Washington square being one as well. How is this so?? I understood only Thais could own the land.

8 minutes ago, tigermoth said:

It's  rapidly appoaching the boring stage. The street vendors and their wares and food are one of the major tourist attractions to Bangkok. Another factor seriously affecting this tourism attraction are the many areas scheduled to disappear because of new developments, mainly of overpriced condos or shopping centres which are obviously a money laundering project for the investors. Examples are Hemmingways on Sukhumvit soi 14, now gone and due to be replaced by one of the above mentioned developments and cheap charlies just off soi 11 plus the very good adjacent restaurants, soon to go. The information I have that almost all these new developments are on land owned by indians, Washington square being one as well. How is this so?? I understood only Thais could own the land.

Oh, but those shopping centers are so interesting.... all two of them (for the most part).... Oh I know there are more than two in number, but the majority are owned/controlled by two corporate entities.... and virtually clones of each other with a few decorations to make it seem as if they are more different then they are.  

Not worth visiting for the most part, and these days - I don't have to.... online shopping has replaced them yet they continue to multiply.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

26 minutes ago, tigermoth said:

Tens of thousands of Indians are Thai nationals so they can own land.

Sansiri, Noble, APThai and other publicly-quoted real estate development companies are money laundering projects, are they?

As usual, a little information can be dangerous.

There are plenty of street vendors left elsewhere in the city which does, believe it or not, extend beyond Sukhumvit and the side sois off it. I bought my breakfast off one this morning

Most of the crap that was being sold on Sukhumvit can be bought at a million outlets elsewhere in the same locale.

The clean out means that real shops selling stuff of real interest (Asia Books, etc) can be found easily rather than having to wade through counterfeit Kamagra gel and "DKNY" underwear with "Emporio Armani" labels inside.

I agree that the last thing the area needs is more malls and overpriced condos but the land owners can do whatever the hell they like with their assets.

It was the Thais who pressured the authorities to clean up the streets. Just because they didn't do it farang style by jumping up and down and yelling, doesn't mean they weren't fed up.

It's their city and their area.

They don't give a shit if the "spectacle" for farangs is reduced, they want their quality of life to improve.