Oil change and aircon

Tapster

55 minutes ago, Shot said:

What chickenslegs said, but stay there, watch them do the work, and make sure they know you are watching them.

You are right especially with the re-gassing of the unit

If they do not connect the gas recharge hose with the engine running but leave the hoses sitting on the radiator nothing is being done

Happened to me at another BQ branch when i asked them to check if the unit had sufficient coolant in it  

Another vote for B-Quik from me. 

I don't have experience with the Chalong branch but I've used the one in Thalang for the last few years for aircon, tyres, oil (engine and gearboxes), brakes, shock absorbers and so forth on our cars and they've always been fine.

The nice thing is that they seem to always have the bits they need in stock, probably because the cars are very common models (a Jazz and a D-Max).

9 hours ago, Tapster said:

Ye gods!!!

It's a minefield out there!

Thanks for the advice. I will watch them like a hawk!

.....................any advice about my oil change?

Basically check they use the correct grade oil and replace the oil filter, does not matter if the oil filter is a non-genuine one, vehicle manufacturers do not make their own filters just have their name stamped on them so they can charge more for them

B quik are reliable for the oil change service

I think when then i asked them to check my aircon to see if it was fully gassed up they just pretended to , they certainly charged for doing it

I asked another airconditioning place how they check and was told by using a thermometer to check the air temperature at the outlets and if the air was at the correct temperature no re-gassing was needed

Your definitely needs re-gassing not just a top up and they should check for leaks when doing it, the gas must have gone somewhere 

Edited by madmax2

If anyone has a problem at B-Quik PM me...

Staff there have all the info printouts for all rides regarding oil grades etc together with the cost that you can read as they have English pages. All work has a guarantee which you probably won't get at other outlets..

1 hour ago, NamKangMan said:

Maybe check your air conditioner compressor belt, before you ask for a re-gas. 

Stick to bikes, most vehicles have one drive belt that drives the alternator among other things as well as the aircon compressor, so you know if the belt is loose and slipping or broken by warning lights coming on

On 21/01/2017 at 8:45 PM, madmax2 said:

Stick to bikes, most vehicles have one drive belt that drives the alternator among other things as well as the aircon compressor, so you know if the belt is loose and slipping or broken by warning lights coming on

I am well aware "most vehicles have one drive belt" but not ALL vehicles. 

In any case, a check of the belt and pulley wouldn't hurt.

53 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

I am well aware "most vehicles have one drive belt" but not ALL vehicles. 

In any case, a check of the belt and pulley wouldn't hurt.

I would say all modern vehicles, the ones i know anyway use one drive belt for the aircon, alternator, cooling fan and power steering

Some of these things were add ons in years gone by so needed a extra drive belt but not any more

and some vehicles now have electric power steering

So if the drive belt failed multiple things would go wrong not just the aircon 

Edited by madmax2

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

I would say all modern vehicles, the ones i know anyway use one drive belt for the aircon, alternator, cooling fan and power steering

Some of these things were add ons in years gone by so needed a extra drive belt but not any more

and some vehicles now have electric power steering

So if the drive belt failed multiple things would go wrong not just the aircon 

Sure, there are a lot of engine parasites off the one belt these days.  Would need to know the year model of the OP's Toyota Hilux to see if it's ll one belt, or on a separate belt.

What if the OP's Hilux is a late model, as in, near new?  Fair chance it may not be the gas.  Maybe there's a leak in a hose / pipe, or a connection.  Sometimes they crack, and rupture.  

Merely suggesting that it would not hurt to check out the hardware before simply ordering a re-gas.

23 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

Sure, there are a lot of engine parasites off the one belt these days.  Would need to know the year model of the OP's Toyota Hilux to see if it's ll one belt, or on a separate belt.

What if the OP's Hilux is a late model, as in, near new?  Fair chance it may not be the gas.  Maybe there's a leak in a hose / pipe, or a connection.  Sometimes they crack, and rupture.  

Merely suggesting that it would not hurt to check out the hardware before simply ordering a re-gas.

I think the OP has already been to B quik and they have checked it out

IF there is a leak in the system it is the lack of gas causing the problem isn't it ??

All new vehicles i have bought since 2003 had only one drive belt for accessories so its not exactly a new system of driving them with one belt 

2 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

I think the OP has already been to B quik and they have checked it out

IF there is a leak in the system it is the lack of gas causing the problem isn't it ??

All new vehicles i have bought since 2003 had only one drive belt for accessories so its not exactly a new system of driving them with one belt 

"IF there is a leak in the system it is the lack of gas causing the problem isn't it ??" - yep, and he'll be back in a few weeks for another re-gas, but don't worry about the leak.  Right?  :cheesy:

21 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"IF there is a leak in the system it is the lack of gas causing the problem isn't it ??" - yep, and he'll be back in a few weeks for another re-gas, but don't worry about the leak.  Right?  :cheesy:

Do t you really think the Auto technicians will not check for a system leak before and when regassing which is standard practice

Or are you just trolling again