Trump to visit CIA after feud about Russia hacking

rooster59

Trump Ramps Up the Narcissism in an Appalling Speech

Trump then rambled—as if this were a campaign rally instead of a morale-boosting speech in front of the agency’s most sacred spot—about how smart he is (citing as proof the fact that a brilliant uncle taught at MIT) and about how he’s been on the cover of Time magazine more often than anybody.

He repeated the line, which he’d uttered many times during the campaign, that we should have “taken the oil” in Iraq (a notion that is politically daft, economically unnecessary, and militarily all-but-impossible) and that maybe we’ll have the opportunity to do so now.

He also said that he suspected most of the people in the room voted for him in the election—a comment that, whether true or not, is appallingly inappropriate to make to intelligence analysts, who pride themselves on their independence and fear political encroachment above all else.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2017/01/trump_talks_about_himself_complains_about_media_at_first_official_event.html

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Agreed!  But he's doing the same things as before he was POTUS!  He needs to up his game.

Unfortunately I don't think that there is any game for him to "up" 

If he doesn't get what he wants he will have a temper tantrum 

It will always be someone else's fault, the press, the media, the Democrats, and eventually the Republicans

I have seen a lot of inaugurations in my life  but this was the first one where there was any controversy over the size of the crowd.  Only a narcissist's would make it a headline opportunity and only his surrogates could , with a straight face, state that there were alternative facts  

As if the public can't see with their own eyes the pictures of empty stands and a small crowd on the Mall 

Edited by Langsuan Man

This is from the speech that Donald Trump made to the CIA:

" The old expression, “to the victor belong the spoils” -- you remember.  I always used to say, keep the oil.  I wasn’t a fan of Iraq.  I didn’t want to go into Iraq.  But I will tell you, when we were in, we got out wrong.  And I always said, in addition to that, keep the oil.  Now, I said it for economic reasons.  But if you think about it, Mike, if we kept the oil you probably wouldn’t have ISIS because that’s where they made their money in the first place.  So we should have kept the oil.  But okay.  (Laughter.)  Maybe you’ll have another chance.  But the fact is, should have kept the oil. "

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-cia-speech-transcript/

It's disputable that the CIA members in attendance gave him a standing ovation. But if they did, the USA is in deep trouble.

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

It's disputable that the CIA members in attendance gave him a standing ovation. But if they did, the USA is in deep trouble.

They might have given him a standing ovation.  He's the boss and they do respect the position.  But yes, the US could be in deep trouble!  Only time will tell.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed! LOL