A Good Christmas Dinner In Pattaya.

Richb2004v2

Me Too.

The Bang Sarae Club was recommended to me, and last week I went down there and gave it a looksie.

It was very quiet when I was there, and difficult to tell whether it would be a good Christmas venue or not.

Apparently it gets quite full.

I would appreciate anyone who knows the place well who may be able to confirm that I will have a good lunch as I am entertaining my sister and her husband who arrive a few days before Christmas.

Or is there anywhere else that is tried and tested?

Thanks

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Me Too.

The Bang Sarae Club was recommended to me, and last week I went down there and gave it a looksie.

It was very quiet when I was there, and difficult to tell whether it would be a good Christmas venue or not.

Apparently it gets quite full.

I would appreciate anyone who knows the place well who may be able to confirm that I will have a good lunch as I am entertaining my sister and her husband who arrive a few days before Christmas.

Or is there anywhere else that is tried and tested?

Thanks

Dok Krai didn't work out?

I am going to Royal Cliff for the buffet lunch. Have been there last 2 years and excellent. Father Xmas and a Fairy, too!! :o

Dok Krai didn't work out?

I am going to Royal Cliff for the buffet lunch. Have been there last 2 years and excellent. Father Xmas and a Fairy, too!! :D

That was for New Year.

I emailed two places: Dok Krai and a restaurant on Koh Sri Chang. I got an instant reply from the folks on the island, and am still waiting to hear from Dok Krai.

I figured that if they can't answer an email, then maybe their organisation might be lacking something.

One of my pet hates is web sites with contact email addresses, who never answer your enquiries. :o

Is it worth trying them again for Christmas? (I've already booked up for New Year) Royal Cliff sounds interesting. :D

A couple of years ago we never booked anything and just went out with a plan of finding somewhere for lunch (nothig special) we couldn't get into anywhere, all booked out. We ended up in the Royal Garden Food Court with noodle soup.

Nowadays we make sure we have something booked.

A couple of years ago we never booked anything and just went out with a plan of finding somewhere for lunch (nothig special) we couldn't get into anywhere, all booked out. We ended up in the Royal Garden Food Court with noodle soup.

Nowadays we make sure we have something booked.

Where are you planning on going this christmas ? and where did you go last christmas?

Its amazing jesus was born, in the west we celobrate it, move to thailand and can not get a meal on the day without booking first,

To get an idea of how much money america spends every year on its war machine, 18,000$ for every hour since the birth of Jesus (per year). That is a lot of lolly :o

Its a crazy crazy world

One more question, any members going to church while in thailand christmas day ?

To get an idea of how much money america spends every year on its war machine, 18,000$ for every hour since the birth of Jesus (per year). That is a lot of lolly :o

And that pearl of wisdom will help the OP find a good Christmas dinner in Pattaya?

Bah, Humbug :D:D:D

No - but I bet he's been waiting for a convenient thread to put this priceless information in for ages :D

Still might be good converstation piece as we open our crackers and tuck into our Christmas pud :D

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

And that pearl of wisdom will help the OP find a good Christmas dinner in Pattaya?

Not sure; Christmas , America, crucifixion , a good meal .

I think there may be something there ! :D

And neither will another of your one line sarcastic remarks, but then people with the least to say, say the most :D

Where exactly is the Bang Saree Club as I Live in Sattahip and may book

John

I don't know Bang Sarae very well and my sense of direction is not good, but coming from Pattaya, I turn right down to the beach, (just past the Nong Nooch turn off), drive along the beach road, go past the sea food restaurant on stilts (very yummy and cheap BTW), and follow my nose through the village, keeping next to the coast, and on the right you will see a sign in English outside a driveway which leads down to the club and beach.

I just booked this morning - 800 odd baht a head. The owner wants to keep it low key so if anyone wants the phone number, PM me and I'll let you know. (This place is not in the phone book and not on the internet.)

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

To get an idea of how much money america spends every year on its war machine, 18,000$ for every hour since the birth of Jesus (per year). That is a lot of lolly :D

Bah, Humbug :D:bah::bah:

And neither will another of your one line sarcastic remarks, but then people with the least to say, say the most :D

Good thing you slid in "say the most" at the end of your sarcastic remark or it would have been a one-liner.

And your suggestion for the OP is?.......thought so :o

And kudos to the founding fathers of TV, who in their infinite wisdom added an "ignore" feature to spare you the trauma of one liners. I'll be devestated at first, but I'll try to live with not being viewed by you. :D

To get an idea of how much money america spends every year on its war machine, 18,000$ for every hour since the birth of Jesus (per year). That is a lot of lolly :D

Bah, Humbug :D:bah::bah:

Good thing you slid in "say the most" at the end of your sarcastic remark or it would have been a one-liner.

And your suggestion for the OP is?.......thought so :o

And kudos to the founding fathers of TV, who in their infinite wisdom added an "ignore" feature to spare you the trauma of one liners. I'll be devestated at first, but I'll try to live with not being viewed by you. :D

Thank you,

Thanks for those suggestions. I fancy the idea of Jameson’s. I’m sure I can get a Christmas Guinness there.

Who brought Jesus into this! Let’s not spoil a perfectly good celebration and exchanging of gifts by bringing him into it.

And what exactly is wrong with bringing Him into it.? It is His birthday bash, after all.

True, that is the origin of Christmas, but how many people really give a tosh for that any more? I see it as a traditional time for celebration and enjoyment without the need to be involved in that nonsense.

Thanks for those suggestions. I fancy the idea of Jameson’s. I’m sure I can get a Christmas Guinness there.

Who brought Jesus into this! Let’s not spoil a perfectly good celebration and exchanging of gifts by bringing him into it.

And what exactly is wrong with bringing Him into it.? It is His birthday bash, after all.

You should have put a full stop after involved. But do tell us why you think the birth(day) of Jesus is nonsense.

True, that is the origin of Christmas, but how many people really give a tosh for that any more? I see it as a traditional time for celebration and enjoyment without the need to be involved in that nonsense.

I view all religion as nonsense, but I think this debate should be in a different forum.

You should have put a full stop after involved. But do tell us why you think the birth(day) of Jesus is nonsense.

CHRISTMAS DINNER - PATTAYA EXPATS CLUB:

On Wednesday 20. December, 19.00 pm. at Globetrotter Restaurant between Soi 7 and Central Road. Fantastic Smorgasbord Buffet. Tickets 400 baht. Tickets can be bought at the Pattaya People Office in Soi Day-Night, South Pattaya. Tel.: 0-3842-7585 or 0-3842-0707.

I view all religion as nonsense, but I think this debate should be in a different forum.

I may be wrong but I think it might have been you who started the religious slanging match. :o

I have no religion, but I respect those who do, and this is a nice festive thread about where to enjoy a good Christmas lunch.

So, let's not spoil it. :D

I may be wrong but I think it might have been you who started the religious slanging match. :o

I have no religion, but I respect those who do, and this is a nice festive thread about where to enjoy a good Christmas lunch.

So, let's not spoil it. :D

Your right I did, but I could see it spinning out of control. As you say this is a festive thread and I shouldn’t be spoiling it.

• 3 years later...