Subway

ChiangMaiThai

"Welcome to Au Bon Pain .com!

Celebrating 25 years as an American Company.

Today there are more than 230 Au Bon Pain bakery cafes operating in the United States, Chile, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand. You'll find us on some of the most visible urban corners and crossroads, in transportation centers, hotels, regional shopping malls, hospitals and universities. From its roots in Boston, Au Bon Pain has grown to become a cornerstone of the urban scene where the world lives, works, shops and plays."

aubonpain link

British? obviously not the above then?

Or am I just being kind.

Or am I just being kind.
:o

i doubt if you were being kind.

the company i had in mind is called "pret a manger", i dont think they are in thailand, but they are in europe and hong kong. macdonalds recently bought a third share in them, i hope their influence doesn't extend to the kitchens.

the sandwiches at au bon pain are good,i think better than subway.

British? obviously not the above then?

Or am I just being kind.

Hmmm. guess if you go back far enough in Boston history, it is British. :D

By the way, Wendys left in the mid-90s (on Silom near Patpong) and there used to be a Taco Bell (Siam Center I think) about 15-20 years ago. :o

I agree that tescos fresh baked crusty bread is OK and is good with your favorite can of Campbell's soup. Buy two loaves, cut in half and freeze...defrost as required. Nice to nibble on with a bit of Flora in the afternoon when trying to decide how to prepare your evening meal out of a can...

(Campbells Pork and Beans...wonderful with chopped fresh onions, fresh ground pepper and lots of tabasco...good with crusty bread...)

gp,i'm not going to get into a long drawn out posting fight with you. i've made my point and defended my position as best as i can.

see you again on another topic i'm sure. :D

but imho the sandwich chain with the french name???,(actually they are a british company), do a much better sandwich.

There are a lot of people who do a better sandwich, but Subway is still pretty good. Personally I like the chicken salad ones in the little deli in front of the Marriott Hotel; That's not the point.

I just get bored of the snide little anti-anything-American comments that some people feel compelled to stick in almost every one of their posts.

It's not clever when done over and over, it's boring.

English food, Australian food and German food are just as unhealthy as American grub and don't taste any better.

The English, Australians and Germans have lots and lots of very obese people, even if America is the record holder.

All that I'm saying is, remember the old cliche, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

In other words, your people are fat slobs and your food is sh1t too! :o

I was in Subway at the bottom of Nana station the other day. Great job George. Staff were friendly. Food was good. And it was a welcome break on the long and arduous journey between Soi 7 and Soi 4.

Hanging around Nana Tai CMT ... shopping for takeaways in the Plaza ? :o

I deny everything. I know of no such place.

The 5 th Amendment at work CMT :D

gp,i'm not going to get into a long drawn out posting fight with you. i've made my point and defended my position as best as i can.

see you again on another topic i'm sure. :D

but imho the sandwich chain with the french name???,(actually they are a british company), do a much better sandwich.

There are a lot of people who do a better sandwich, but Subway is still pretty good. Personally I like the chicken salad ones in the little deli in front of the Marriott Hotel; That's not the point.

I just get bored of the snide little anti-anything-American comments that some people feel compelled to stick in almost every one of their posts.

English food, Australian food and German food are just as unhealthy as American grub and don't taste any better.

The English, Australians and Germans have lots and lots of very obese people, even if America is the record holder.

All that I'm saying is, remember the old cliche, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

In other words, your people are fat slobs and your food is sh1t too! :o

Americans are the fattest race fatty - not anti American -fact fatty! :D

Pret a manger, wow, forgot about them.

Totally agree with you, used to buy from them when I worked in London, had some very competative prices as well if I remember rightly. Cheaper and better then Au Bon Pain.

I tried my first Subway sandwich last week in Pattaya. Must say wasn't impressed, really finding it hard to see what you are raving on about. It was over priced and nothing special.

> Whoever is running Subway in Thailand has done a damned good

> job of training his staff to be less Thai and more Western about the

> way they serve customers,

>SHUDDER<........!!! And you think this is a good thing?? ;-)

There's a little sandwich shop in Chiang Mai near Thapae gate where I thought the service was very 'Western'... So I'm not returning. Treat customers like machines.. no smile.. no effort.. no soul..

Cheers,

Chanchao

just get bored of the snide little anti-anything-American comments that some people feel compelled to stick in almost every one of their posts.

actually its not boring,its great fun,its so easy to wind an american up.

any country that continually sets itself up as the biggest and the best at anything and everything, and more or less demands that the rest of the world kowtow to them should expect others to have a go at them, and being the biggest and supposedly the best they shouldn't be overtly sensitive to a snide remark made about a third rate sandwich franchise on a light hearted internet chat forum on the other side of the world. :o its only sanook. its not serious.

and never forget.... the brits even invented the americans .... and there are lots who will blame us for it.

just get bored of the snide little anti-anything-American comments that some people feel compelled to stick in almost every one of their posts.

Guys, try to keep this in the Bear Pit, down there.

the gentleman,Tue 2004-05-04, 06:40:35]Americans are the fattest race fatty - not anti American -fact fatty!
taxexile Posted on Tue 2004-05-04, 10:19:37

you are right axel, but have you had a look there [ The Bear Pit]lately, its full of nazis, i've been a couple of times but i like it here and i dont think i want to go back there. its a haven for the deranged.   :D 

They are not ALL down there! :o

any country that continually sets itself up as the biggest and the best at anything and everything, and more or less demands that the rest of the world kowtow to them should expect others to have a go at them, and being the biggest and supposedly the best they shouldn't be overtly sensitive to a snide remark made about a third rate sandwich franchise on a light hearted internet chat forum on the other side of the world. :o its only sanook. its not serious.

and never forget.... the brits even invented the americans .... and there are lots who will blame us for it.

If you enjoy winding-up us "Septics" so much, step on over to the Bear Pit and we'll have a go, mate!

you are right axel, but have you had a look there lately, its full of nazis, i've been a couple of times but i like it here and i dont think i want to go back there. its a haven for the deranged. :o

I wouldn't put it too harsh, however, there is too much name calling.

Too many monologues instead of dialogues.

Had a look just now, one newcomer, as Boon Mee pointed out recently, quite well

formulating. 2-3 more but still too much mud slinging.

Talking about subway in Thailand. Great it is here, have not been there. As for myself, Thailand could do without all the US-chains, but than it is my choice to go there or not.

A bit of banter is nice, but then many people are very sensitive.

If you enjoy winding-up us "Septics" so much, step on over to the Bear Pit and we'll have a go, mate!

They are scared to go over there. Too many articulate Americans in one place. :o

Over here, they have the gent, Basher and all the demented Euro-Trash to fart and drool and laugh at their jokes. :D

well i went over to he bear pit so that you could take pot shots at a brit, but it wouldn't accept my user name/password, and i was not going through the rigmerole of signing up for more junk e-mail to spam my account; you can insult me here though if you would like to. I did post in the bear pit a couple of times, prior to the separation; having a sensible discussion was nigh on impossible, without someone or other taking it to personal levels...that said recent postings in here suggest it is much the same.

So what was this thread about oh yes/...subway? Are you bloody deranged??? hohoho i make myself chuckle. Terrible sarny's. I get very annoyed at the ludicruous amount of questions i am required to answer before i can get something to eat.

But.... they are immeasurably better than the junk you get in australia. you have to be extrememly careful or they throw beetroot all over it. It doesn;t seem to matter what you order it comes with beetroot. disgusting stuf.

So where do you get the best sandwich. Easy...though bias. Britain. i do love big doorstop sized cuts of granary bread with cheese and branston, or ham and brie....yummmm i can almost taste them.

They are scared to go over there. Too many articulate Americans in one place. :o

Over here, they have the gent, Basher and all the demented Euro-Trash to fart and drool and laugh at their jokes. :D

Paranoid ######

Bash

'articulate Americans'

An oxymoron I believe

bash

bigwetpatch, Since you made your British bias so obvious, you can go unmolested.

You people do realize that even American's consider the chains to mostly be the kind of place that one eats when in a hurry, wants something that tastes OK and are somewhat broke, don't you?

When I'm living in San Francisco and want some good pizza, I would never think of Pizza Hut.

I eat there when I have a 15 minute lunch break.

The same goes for Subway.

However, we are not in San Francisco and many of us don't have the time and can't afford to go to gourmet restaurants for every meal.

If you don't enjoy Thai food, Chain restaurants will do in a pinch, and the truth is that for Thailand, on top of that, they usually taste better then most of the privately run farang style restaurants that are available.

Now shut your yaps. :o

They are scared to go over there. Too many articulate Americans in one place. :D

Paranoid ######

Bash

Marmalite Moron :o

'articulate Americans'

An oxymoron I believe

bash

John Steinbeck, Hemingway, F. Scott Fitgerald, Bill Clinton, Colin Powell, Gore Vidal, Toni Morrison, Condaleeza Rice...

I can go on for hours, you know.

Now that you've displayed your utter ignorance once again, what kind of full grown man calls himself Basher? :o:D:D (The kind of full grown man that would admit to being best friends with the gentleman, I guess :D ).

Now this is more like it!!! I'd almost given up on this forum with it's "Why is som tam so spicy?" and "Can you give me a job?" &lt;deleted&gt;.

Who would have though that a thread concerning a crap excuse for a sandwich could provoke such an emotional reponse?

Marmalite Moron...that's not bad coming from a septic.

What kind of full grown man calls himself Georgie-Porgie, one might ask?

A retarded fat one, I imagine.

Anyway, it's all good clean fun! :o

Over to you Bash. :D