Buying Tea Bags, Inside the Moat

ctrunfree

I hardly believe I have to ask this, but...

We've staying just off Singharat.  We've run out of tea bags (I prefer leaf tea too but the apartment hasn't got a teapot).  Went to the local 7-11 and no they don't sell any sort of tea.  Do I have to schlep all the way to one of the Malls just to get a packet of jigglers?

I'm fairly sure that you could buy a teapot in most any market in the area.

PS i'm a tea drinker myself and another alternative when i've been without a pot is to just use a small strainer to hold the loose leaves until they infuse.

PPS also have used a coffee maker.. works really well.Image result for coffee plunger

Edited by happyas

Thanks, but it's the tea that we were missing.  As an aside, I've noticed what we call coffee plungers are very expensive here in Thailand.

So I schlepped out to the Airport Plaza to score, which wasn't all bad as the relocated food court in the undercover carpark is actually a much more spacious and  pleasant place to sit than the regular area inside the mall.

For reference, within the moat there aren't really any grocery stores, just mom & pop shops that sell beer and detergent, but no higher end groceries.   You can maybe find some basic tea at vendors around the markets, there are two markets within the old city moat: Chiang Mai Gate market and Somphet Market.

Another option you have are some of the coffee shops, which may also sell tea (as well as coffee beans).  Fairly expensive of course.

The old city isn't really great for buying anything.   Was even worse in the old days, and everything involved a trip to the Big Market near the river.