Bruce Springsteen says the 'new resistance' against Trump has begun

webfact

39 minutes ago, DM07 said:

You don't get it, do you?

Hillary Clinton would be no means have been the perfect winner!

Not by a mile!

But she would have been soooo much better than Trump, because where he is telling total BS about "giving America back to the people" and at the same time, taking away women's rights, battling LGBTQ- rights, getting people into office who have a) no clue what they are doing and b ) lining their own pockets while NOT protecting people's rights...HRC would not have done half that!

Fighting the bloated manbaby is not getting behind Hillary- it is getting behind women's-, gay-, worker's- ...behind HUMAN rights!

And THAT is, what Springsteen sings about and what he stands for!

I suggest you listen to his music a little closer!

You liberal lefty luvvies are sooo sensitive. Trump is as crude as Hillary is nasty, but he did just win the general election so there you go. Not much of a choice you people had, I'll grant you that, but then again whole world seems bereft of quality leadership.

And the laudible concept of human rights has long been hijacked by the politically correct liberal lefties, with all their trigger warnings, safe spaces, de-platforming, and related phoney outrage nonsense - all aimed at shutting up any kind of debate and labelling those who may not agree with them. I hope Trump turns the tide on that one.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

You liberal lefty luvvies are sooo sensitive. Trump is as crude as Hillary is nasty, but he did just win the general election so there you go. Not much of a choice you people had, I'll grant you that, but then again whole world seems bereft of quality leadership.

And the laudible concept of human rights has long been hijacked by the politically correct liberal lefties, with all their trigger warnings, safe spaces, de-platforming, and related phoney outrage nonsense - all aimed at shutting up any kind of debate and labelling those who may not agree with them. I hope Trump turns the tide on that one.

Lefty liberals are too sensitive? You mean they're the ones sending out crazy tweets at every piece of news, no matter how picayune or how true, that hurts our tender feelings?  Well, I guess that means Donald Trump is one of them.

xx

2 minutes ago, stewart479 said:

Springsteen; the supposed champion of the American blue collar worker, turned up at Obamas inauguration resplendent with his Japanese made Takamine Guitar! Total plonker. Give me a Martin; Gretsch; Gibson; etc etc anyday.

A real musician can make a $100 guitar sound good. It's the wannabes who can't compete in musicianship who make claims like yours.

55 minutes ago, DM07 said:

But she would have been soooo much better than Trump, because where he is telling total BS about "giving America back to the people" and at the same time, taking away women's rights, battling LGBTQ- rights, getting people into office who have a) no clue what they are doing and b ) lining their own pockets while NOT protecting people's rights...HRC would not have done half that!

What women's rights has Trump taken away?

What battle does he wage against LGBTQ rights?

What people has he put in office that do not have management or leadership skills?

Please enlighten us on the detail of these rather important claims you make

Only time will tell whether the appointments are as crooked as Obama's Hillary

1 minute ago, Patong2 said:

What people has he put in office that do not have management or leadership skills?

He has declared himself opposed to Roe v. Wade and pledged to appoint justices who think similarly.  And he has just stopped support for any foreign aid supported birth control that even mentions abortion.  Is that good enough for you?

5 minutes ago, Patong2 said:

Let's see if I can do that....hmmm....oh, I got one!

Women who had an abortion should be punished!

How is that for "no one respects women more than I do"?!

People in to offices....oh, that's a hard one!

No...wait ...it isn't!

Rick Perry, who thought, the Department of Energy was there, to promote oil- companies!

Ben Carson, the world's most stupid brain- surgeon, who's only qualification to lead the Housing Department is, that he lives in a house!

DaVoss, who wants to defund public schools in favor of private and christian schools!

and...

and...

and...

13 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Let's see if I can do that....hmmm....oh, I got one!

Women who had an abortion should be punished!

How is that for "no one respects women more than I do"?!

People in to offices....oh, that's a hard one!

No...wait ...it isn't!

Rick Perry, who thought, the Department of Energy was there, to promote oil- companies!

Ben Carson, the world's most stupid brain- surgeon, who's only qualification to lead the Housing Department is, that he lives in a house!

DaVoss, who wants to defund public schools in favor of private and christian schools!

and...

and...

and...

Wow!!! you really know your stuff.

Trump hasn't punished a single woman and of course favour the issue of abortion to go back to the individual states to allow more democratic input.

Rick Perry, I am not familiar with this astounding revelation, how a bout giving a source?

Ben Carson, having heard Ben Carson speak in my own country and heard him interviewed at length several years before standing for political office, I found him extremely intelligent and had a great grasp of what was failing in communities. I suggest you educate yourself and but his book so you can understand how he will help improve the USA.

Betsy DeVos - wants parents to be able to send their children to the school of their choice regardless of their financial status. Allow them to pick a school where there children can learn, flourish and break out of the ghettos they are currently sentenced to.

I'm sure you had some really intelligent comments but your computer seems to have jammed and only prints

and

and

and

2 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Can you really be that uninformed about the unrelenting efforts that have been made by Republican controlled state legislatures to restrict and impair voting by citizens who happen to belong to a demographic which routinely votes for Democratic candidates? Gerrymandering, requiring photo IDs which are not usually held by minorities or are very expensive to obtain, closing polling stations in minority neighborhoods, eliminating or shortening early voting opportunities, and so on and so on....

Do a little research before you speak.....

Point is... what a pathetic bunch of losers...

5 minutes ago, Patong2 said:

Trump hasn't punished a single woman and of course favour the issue of abortion to go back to the individual states to allow more democratic input.

Maybe next Trump will announce that in the interest of more democratic input states will be allowed to choose whether or not to allow slavery.  

57 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

He has declared himself opposed to Roe v. Wade and pledged to appoint justices who think similarly.  And he has just stopped support for any foreign aid supported birth control that even mentions abortion.  Is that good enough for you?

A little off topic probably needs a new thread.

I personally support abortion and  would strongly advocate it being compulsory for any one on a benefit.

However, I respect the right of other people to their opinions. I don't believe the government should use tax payers money in foreign aid to fund something that say Roman Catholics may find offensive.

The Supreme Court appointment still has to follow the law of the land.

Edited by Patong2

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

trump's inauguration speech was the worst in history. He enters office massively unpopular, representing a MINORITY of the American people, badly losing the POPULAR vote, with a large percentage of the people that voted for him even thinking his CHARACTER was UNFIT for the presidency. 

What does it say about the american voting system if such an un popular person can become president? Time for a change. you think.

At the end of the day what does it matter who gets in , they all talk crap and "im gonna do this, im gonna do that' which then gets blocked by the aposing side because they upset there candicate didnt get in.

8 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Maybe next Trump will announce that in the interest of more democratic input states will be allowed to choose whether or not to allow slavery.  

????

Trump stood for and has been elected as President of the USA

The Constitution of the USA bans slavery with the 13th Amendment and Trump has just sworn to uphold the constitution so I cannot see what you mean, unless

You are getting confused with the Democratic Party which was the last major party to support slavery in the USA

58 minutes ago, Patong2 said:

Rick Perry, I am not familiar with this astounding revelation, how a bout giving a source?

Ben Carson, having heard Ben Carson speak in my own country and heard him interviewed at length several years before standing for political office, I found him extremely intelligent and had a great grasp of what was failing in communities. I suggest you educate yourself and but his book so you can understand how he will help improve the USA.

Betsy DeVos - wants parents to be able to send their children to the school of their choice regardless of their financial status. Allow them to pick a school where there children can learn, flourish and break out of the ghettos they are currently sentenced to.

I'm sure you had some really intelligent comments but your computer seems to have jammed and only prints

and

and

and

Yep...I know my stuff!

And I will share "stuff" with you!

Get on Google and do some research for yourself!

You might actually learn something!

Ben Carson said, the pyramids were constructed as grain- silos! 

What a clever dude!

51 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Point is... what a pathetic bunch of losers...

Precisely right...only a pathetic bunch of losers, who are almost exclusively Republican state legislators, would intentionally hinder or interfere with a citizen's right to vote.

1 hour ago, stewart479 said:

Springsteen; the supposed champion of the American blue collar worker, turned up at Obamas inauguration resplendent with his Japanese made Takamine Guitar! Total plonker. Give me a Martin; Gretsch; Gibson; etc etc anyday.

Springsteen probably couldn't get an American made Gibson guitar because of the problems when the company was raided by Obamas agents armed with fully automatic weapons because they were alleged to have imported wood without a certificate

The whole thing was ridiculous and dropped 2 years later but cost the company a fortune.

Trump is committed to stop this abuse of government power and has already stopped government employees enforcing the unreasonable penalties under Obamacare

17 minutes ago, WaywardWind said:

Precisely right...only a pathetic bunch of losers, who are almost exclusively Republican state legislators, would intentionally hinder or interfere with a citizen's right to vote.

I wonder why "bunch of losers" is always prefaced by "pathetic". It's not as if anyone ever says "a magnificent bunch of losers". Why use the adjective at all. It adds nothing

13 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yep...I know my stuff!

And I will share "stuff" with you!

Get on Google and do some research for yourself!

You might actually learn something!

Ben Carson said, the pyramids were constructed as grain- silos! 

What a clever dude!

Yeah!! but my stuff is better than your stuff!

Share all you like.

A Snopes fact check on Ben Carson reveals he was right

Claim

In a recently discovered clip of an address given at Andrews University in Michigan in 1998, retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson claims that the Egyptian pyramids were constructed by the biblical Joseph to store huge quantities of grain and were not, as is commonly believed, tombs for the pharaohs.

Fact?

Carson’s claims seem to be drawn in part from Egyptologist Dr Wyatt Thom’s 1984 book Egypt Egypt Egypt. According to Thom, the pyramids were built to house grain, and mummified bodies were placed inside as scarecrows to keep birds away. If you’re wondering how that makes sense given that the pyramids are enclosed structures, Thom claims this is because you’re “hamstrung by a very modern conception of birds”.

Verdict: fact

Edited by Patong2

18 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

I wonder why "bunch of losers" is always prefaced by "pathetic". It's not as if anyone ever says "a magnificent bunch of losers". Why use the adjective at all. It adds nothing

I quoted the words used in the post to which I was replying....

On 1/23/2017 at 10:50 AM, daveAustin said:

Another star chiming in. The trouble with all this 'resistance' and carrying on like they're speaking for everyone is, they ain't. Millions of people voted the other way, remember Bruce, and (despite the Ruski hacking claims) he got in legitimately. Overlooking this and trashing the choice of others is just bad form.

Russian hacking is not a claim, it's a reality.  Without the Russians, Trump would have lost.  That's why he needs to pay them back!  I think that is pretty obvious.  Most stars, artists, musicians and actors started out with no money waiting tables and doing menial work~that's why they are mostly liberals.  Bruce has a long tradition with the working class because that's where he came from.  He has supported our servicemen in uniform his whole career.  And, he can stand for what he wants.  That's why he wants Trump out~along with millions around the world that took the time to march against him.  Sorry for the truth, but you have to suck it up at some point

9 minutes ago, Redline said:

Most stars, artists, musicians and actors started out with no money waiting tables and doing menial work~that's why they are mostly liberals. 

Too stupid to get a real job and we are supposed to take their advice on who to run the country?

Those are the jobs you do after you finish your main job or training and study.

The truth is, too much weed, drugs and a sense of self importance.

They have the same role in modern society as the court jester of yore.

Edited by Patong2

19 hours ago, Vegetablebottom said:

These celebrities have, without doubt,  more talent than I as musicians, actors, etc. However, their opinions and declarations carry no more validity than anyone else. In the case of Lena Dunham, Sarah Silverstein, and a host of othe nobodies, they most certainly carry less. You are not the arbiters of knowledge or clairvoyance. Shut up and realize that a good old Kentucky boy working on his pickup doesn't need or want your Ivory Tower diatribe. 

Most stars, artists, musicians and actors started out with no money waiting tables and doing menial work~that's why they are mostly liberals.  Bruce has a long tradition with the working class because that's where he came from.  He has supported our servicemen in uniform his whole career.  And, he can stand for what he wants.  Sorry for the truth, but you have to suck it up at some point.  These people worked there way up.  It sounds like you are jealous.  They made their own dreams happen, and what about you?

18 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Exactly right - he won because of the rules of the states:

Cluth cartoon.jpg

Ummmmm RT is funded by the Kremlin.  Americans have always been apart, but Trump legitimized name calling and attacking, which he is doing as president now, which shows the world how weak he really is.  Not presidential, but childlike.

17 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Simplistic.  Gays and Women know very well about the horrors that go on in Islam countries - particularly genital mutilation.  Even knowing that, they can still support women's rights  (including reproductive choices).

According to your logic, if I hear of a child rapist in Bangladesh, I should hate all Bangladeshis?   Nonsense.

18 hours ago, Goanna said:

I find it hilarious that gay supporters and womens groups back islam against Trump. islam hates gays and mutilates womens genitals. You are protected by Trump and Putin. You just dont know it. Stupid stupid people  try yourluck in iran or syria.

Brain damage

4 minutes ago, Redline said:

Ummmmm RT is funded by the Kremlin.  Americans have always been apart, but Trump legitimized name calling and attacking, which he is doing as president now, which shows the world how weak he really is.  Not presidential, but childlike.

?? What does my post have to do with Russia Today?

17 hours ago, ellabbs said:

The guy won.. rightly or wrongly... like the uk voted BREXIT... now we have to leave ..just like people have to shut up and let trump preside over the USA. You never know he might actually do what he said he would. Your starting to be the laughing stock of the world... whining that you didnt get who you wanted in power.. well... do netter next time is all i can say... you live in a democracy and trump won fairly and squarley.... so li k your wounds and come.out in 4 yrars tome.to oust him... but have so.eo e a bit better than hillary. USA hahahaha what a load of whining yanks....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Explain how he won fair and square please.  We are a laughing stock because of Trump.  I don't blame you not being sober, it takes strength to deal in these times  :guitar:

1 hour ago, Patong2 said:

Yeah!! but my stuff is better than your stuff!

Share all you like.

A Snopes fact check on Ben Carson reveals he was right

Claim

In a recently discovered clip of an address given at Andrews University in Michigan in 1998, retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson claims that the Egyptian pyramids were constructed by the biblical Joseph to store huge quantities of grain and were not, as is commonly believed, tombs for the pharaohs.

Fact?

Carson’s claims seem to be drawn in part from Egyptologist Dr Wyatt Thom’s 1984 book Egypt Egypt Egypt. According to Thom, the pyramids were built to house grain, and mummified bodies were placed inside as scarecrows to keep birds away. If you’re wondering how that makes sense given that the pyramids are enclosed structures, Thom claims this is because you’re “hamstrung by a very modern conception of birds”.

Verdict: fact

What?

Seriously?

Dude...really...seriously???