Stainless unit needed....fabricator?

cheeryble

Hi

I want a unit made up in 304 stainless (regular decent quality) 

I went to a place that can do terrific work including making coffee roasters, on the main road next to Arcade Bus Station (Tanon Kaewnawarat?) near where it meets the Superhwy.

I drew a pic and measurements and was given a price of 12,000.

Thing is a friend who sent me there thinks he had two bigger catering work tables made up for 6000 each. He's not absolutely sure of his memory on this one.

So the price may be perfectly fair but given the difference I think it's worth a quick check elsewhere.

What I drew was essentially a table with four one and a half inch diameter legs. (would be easier with square legs)

Size 100cm x 55 cm x 85 cm high.

Two levels, the worktop and another shelf 35cm from bottom with a good 5cm fold at the edges 

One long side and one short side to be panelled from the top level down to just below the lower shelf level i.e. about 60 cm top to bottom i.e. one panel 100 x 60cm the other 55 x 60cm......so stored items on the lower level can not be seen from two sides.

So I give these dimensions in case anyone knows about S/S and can comment about the price or compare to something vaguely similar they've had made.

And regardless of trying to price it, would love a recommendation of a stainless fabricator to go get an alternative quote.

I hesitate to go to the local guys who mostly make railings as not sure of their abilities/machinery to bend flat largish flat plates (or can they all bend sheets like this?)

Any pointers to a good place much appreciated!

ps live out of town south so areas like Hang Dong, maybe even Lamphun  etc fine but will travel anywhere if necessary.

pps this sort of finish

ppps out of interest and may be relevant to adapting my plan, what are standard sizes for stainless sheet?

IMG_1324.jpg

Edited by cheeryble

Going down the canal road going away from CM.....Past the Rung Arroon sign 1-2k further there's a stainless fabrication shop on the left - almost directly across from a newly sprouted colorful coffee shop (western/windmill? about 3 buildings).....

When I stopped & Iooked their stuff looked good....Not much in the way of  signage just a few pieces out in front.....It might take a pass or two to pinpoint & find a place to park.....

I would have never noticed it except for some guys loading ss tables/counters into a pick up.....

Going down the canal road going away from CM.....Past the Rung Arroon sign 1-2k further there's a stainless fabrication shop on the left - almost directly across from a newly sprouted colorful coffee shop (western/windmill? about 3 buildings).....

When I stopped & Iooked their stuff looked good....Not much in the way of  signage just a few pieces out in front.....It might take a pass or two to pinpoint & find a place to park.....

I would have never noticed it except for some guys loading ss tables/counters into a pick up.....

Thanks for that pgrahm

Happily I was reminded of a place I knew about but didn't associate with stainless work.....but all round good reputation.

It seems I'm not an idiot or keeniouw and after some simple calculations by the helpful lady we were quoted 6500 instead of 12000 which latter figure I think just popped out of the guy's head.

Happily we now have a half decent bit of extra space for the missus to make shepherd's pie

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• 3 weeks later...
On February 9, 2017 at 4:57 PM, hspace said:

Where was this that you ended up having it fabricated? How's the work quality?

Went to Dang Klong Pratu which I'd somehow forgot which is odd as I know Dang,

It is finished but Ive had to go to a funeral in CR so havent seen the finished product.

Will report probably early next week