Jackie Chan donates 2.4 million baht for flood victims

snoop1130

Jackie Chan donates 2.4 million baht for flood victims

848_Jackie.jpg

Hong Kong’s kung fu (martial art) super-start Jackie Chan has donated 2.4 million baht for southern flood victims as a gesture of “gratitude” for the generosity of Thai people shown to him during his childhood in the China Town.

Jackie Chan flew into Bangkok on Sunday to promote the movie, Kung Fu Yoga, in which he starred. He later participated in the “Tad Chuey Tai” charity event staged to raise fund to help flood victims in southern provinces.

The super star joined a talk show with Wuthithorn “Woodie” Milinthachinda at the “Tad Chuey Tai” event during which he said he felt happy to participate in the charity event and to have learned that more than three million baht in donations had been collected.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/jackie-chan-donates-2-4-million-baht-flood-victims/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-1-23

70k USD from a guy who is worth 350 million USD? This is pure marketing BS. As stated? Look at the care package bags, they are branded with his forthcoming film

Shameful. Truly shameful. How about he cough up a million USD if he's really concerned? 

29 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

70k USD from a guy who is worth 350 million USD? This is pure marketing BS. As stated? Look at the care package bags, they are branded with his forthcoming film

Shameful. Truly shameful. How about he cough up a million USD if he's really concerned? 

The revenue from the Thai cinema industry is tiny compared to markets like China and the USA. That's why you don't see any foreign film stars promoting their films in Thailand. It's a waste of effort. Now we finally see a Hollywood star visiting Thailand as part of their promotional tour, taking part in a charity event, doubling the amount raised from his own pocket, and you have the nerve to complain about Jackie Chan's actions?

Some expats on this forum really seem to believe that the world revolves around Thailand.

Off course it is a commercial promotion for he´s new movie, but that doesn´t make the gift smaller. He do not have to give anything to the flood victims, but does that anyway.
I think it´s a very good and caring way to promote himself. Just wish that more people could understand that here, and not just complain over everything people do just because they are unable to do it themselfs. Shame on all the people that can´t se the good in this gesture.

5 hours ago, nkg said:

The revenue from the Thai cinema industry is tiny compared to markets like China and the USA. That's why you don't see any foreign film stars promoting their films in Thailand. It's a waste of effort. Now we finally see a Hollywood star visiting Thailand as part of their promotional tour, taking part in a charity event, doubling the amount raised from his own pocket, and you have the nerve to complain about Jackie Chan's actions?

Some expats on this forum really seem to believe that the world revolves around Thailand.

Yet here we are, a bunch of foreigners, reading an English language story abiut it, with the feature image cintaining many branded relief bags. 

This sort of false altruism makes me sick. If he was truly concerned it would have slipped below the media radar. 

And there wiuld be no branding in sight. Im calling Chan a SCUMBAG for such a cheap and dubious marketing stunt

7 hours ago, JaySonic said:

Lets see, US donated 100K USD to the flood victims and you say that Jackie Chan donating 70k USD is not good enough! Then you should donate more yourself shoving them that an average Joe can surpass both US government and Jackie Chan!!!

BTW. Basically all care packages distributed true Thailand have some kind of marking of who payed for them, that includes schools and government agencies, private persons, companies, famous people and the royal household.  

I am glad that celebrities from Hong Kong follow the action and example of the oligarch Thai elite like the Sophonpanichs (Bangkok Bank), the Tejapaibools (World Trade Centre), the Shinawatras (Thaksin and Yingluck), Charoen Phokhapand (ever heard of CP), the Bhirompakdis (brewing the Singha beer) as well as the conglomerates of Kratin Daeng (Red Bull), the various multi-billionaires running shopping empires like the Mall group etc. 

Proud to live in Thailand - quite obviously no longer the greedy self-centered bunch of better-class-people-looking-down-on-the-rest-of-the-lot! 

2 hours ago, JaySonic said:

Yet here we are, a bunch of foreigners, reading an English language story abiut it, with the feature image cintaining many branded relief bags. 

This sort of false altruism makes me sick. If he was truly concerned it would have slipped below the media radar. 

And there wiuld be no branding in sight. Im calling Chan a SCUMBAG for such a cheap and dubious marketing stunt

1)

Jackie Chan flew into Bangkok on Sunday to promote the movie, Kung <deleted> Yoga, in which he starred.

It is PART OF HIS JOB to promote his movies. Are you criticising him for doing his job? Did you refuse to follow your contractual duties when (if) you had a job?

2)

He later participated in the “Tad Chuey Tai” charity event staged to raise fund to help flood victims in southern provinces.

The super star joined a talk show with Wuthithorn “Woodie” Milinthachinda at the “Tad Chuey Tai” event during which he said he felt happy to participate in the charity event and to have learned that more than three million baht in donations had been collected.

So you think it would have been better if the “Tad Chuey Tai” charity event had not taken place, and had not raised more than 3 million dollars, not including Chan's own 2.4M contribution? You'd be happy if flood-stricken Thais had 5.4M less to help them cope with the floods?

Somebody is a

SCUMBAG

,but it isn't Jackie Chan.

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

Lets see, US donated 100K USD to the flood victims and you say that Jackie Chan donating 70k USD is not good enough! Then you should donate more yourself shoving them that an average Joe can surpass both US government and Jackie Chan!!!

BTW. Basically all care packages distributed true Thailand have some kind of marking of who payed for them, that includes schools and government agencies, private persons, companies, famous people and the royal household.  

mate if you're a deadset Jackie Chan fanboy (as seems evident)  then there's no chance you'll ever see the glaring truth here. 

It just makes me sick when commercial interests are dressed up as charitable actions. 

2 minutes ago, nkg said:

blah blah blah

OK, Jackie Chan is the world's lord & saviour. How's that ? 

Personally, I'de be pretty embarrassed to endorse such a fool, going by a film I saw in-flight to Phuket last month, with Chan starring alongside Johnny Knocksville. It's as if they scraped the bottom of the barrel, that was still too pricey, so they went for pond scum. It's no wonder this shameless hijacking of a tragedy is happening  nothing else will sell a Jackie Chan movie. 

13 minutes ago, JaySonic said:

OK, Jackie Chan is the world's lord & saviour. How's that ? 

Personally, I'de be pretty embarrassed to endorse such a fool, going by a film I saw in-flight to Phuket last month, with Chan starring alongside Johnny Knocksville. It's as if they scraped the bottom of the barrel, that was still too pricey, so they went for pond scum. It's no wonder this shameless hijacking of a tragedy is happening  nothing else will sell a Jackie Chan movie. 

I think, I have never sat through a whole JC- movie ever, as I think they are childish and unfunny and I do not know much about JC, personally!

But if he takes some time out, diggs into his pockets and takes out 70k $ to give to people in need, that is good enough for me.

He was not obliged to do anything - yet he did!

Will not make watch any of his movies, still!

15 minutes ago, DM07 said:

But if he takes some time out, diggs into his pockets and takes out 70k $ to give to people in need, that is good enough for me.

He was not obliged to do anything - yet he did!

Did he REALLY do anything ? With this level of commercial branding, I would say that this was simply a marketing expense behind the film's investors. While that may or may not be Jackie Chan, it's personally NOT coming out of his pocket, it's a tax write of as a promotional stunt ! 

This is a guy who has a name-branded sushi restaurant, a clothing line bearing his name, branded fitness centres, cafes and so on. He is the KING OF CHEESE, and this is just another shameless attempt at plugging himself. Ultimately, he's a two-bit B-Grade fool. 

Edited by JaySonic

1 hour ago, JaySonic said:

Did he REALLY do anything ? With this level of commercial branding, I would say that this was simply a marketing expense behind the film's investors. While that may or may not be Jackie Chan, it's personally NOT coming out of his pocket, it's a tax write of as a promotional stunt ! 

This is a guy who has a name-branded sushi restaurant, a clothing line bearing his name, branded fitness centres, cafes and so on. He is the KING OF CHEESE, and this is just another shameless attempt at plugging himself. Ultimately, he's a two-bit B-Grade fool. 

Okay...you are either trolling or lack the brain capacity to see that "donating 2,4 Mil THB" is DOING SOMETHING and NOT donating anything is NOT DOING jack! 

the problem is that this is not a one time thing.  not at all. 

check out the Sydney beach weather.  and ummm.... and what's the latest with the Larsen C berg breakoff??? the one that sits in front of an ice sheet that could swamp Bangkok all the way out past Don Mueng airport, forever, if it all went?

10 hours ago, nkg said:

Bravo Jackie who cares about a little publicity. So many "stars" come seeking free publicity its a sham. Love you and your movies. You have nothing to prove. 

I might ask you the same question and of course words are just that. 

I'm not attacking the man. Big difference!
I have to chuckle when I read idiotic posts attacking talented famous and wealthy people usually posted from a bar stool or in nakhon nowhere!!

1 minute ago, zorro1 said:

I'm not attacking the man. Big difference!
I have to chuckle when I read idiotic posts attacking talented famous and wealthy people usually posted from a bar stool or in nakhon nowhere!!

I am not in Nakon Nowhere. And my arse has not hit a bar stool in 10 years or more. And I agree with your last assessment 

20 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

How much did you donate?

He donated a mere 0.02% of his personal wealth. That is, if we are to go on the theory that it was his own money, and not a marketing budget, which I think is more to the point. I surmise that JC himself donated sweet FA but his stupid lookig face to a few publicity shots.

I have donated considerably more to natural tragedies in the past 12 months than 0.02% of my personal wealth, and annual income combined. Therefore, should I be celebrated in a forum thread as much as dear old Jackie? 

He donated a mere 0.02% of his personal wealth. That is, if we are to go on the theory that it was his own money, and not a marketing budget, which I think is more to the point. I surmise that JC himself donated sweet FA but his stupid lookig face to a few publicity shots.

I have donated considerably more to natural tragedies in the past 12 months than 0.02% of my personal wealth, and annual income combined. Therefore, should I be celebrated in a forum thread as much as dear old Jackie? 

You know for sure he only donated in thailand
Engage brain... Then post.

On the world stage you are nothing more than a flea on a dogs dick and you will never be "celebrated" [emoji108]