Child benefit from uk

Harveyboy

Hello all can anyone help with this...first myself UK citizen living and working in France but paid tax in UK also plus I'm fully paid up NI been told by British government can collect  pension at 66 mmmmhold my breath on that one.. anyway so paid NI 45 years I'm now 60 and plan to move here to Thailand in 2018 this will leave me 4 years before I draw my basic pension But the thing I want to ask we are expecting a child later this year can I claim child benefit being a UK citizen I know many immigrants in the UK not only claim child but social security money for families  back in their  own county's  some for more than one family  India ect   could I expect to be able to claim seeing I've paid tax and NI for all these years I think I'm owed  it but can I get it   thanks for any help 

unless you live in an eu.country or a country that has a reciprical agreement i dont think you will claim anything,and dont forget thailand is one of the countries that dont have an agreement,so not to be a messanger of bad news YOUR STATE PENSION IS FROZEN.

Sadly Meatboy is correct about both a frozen pension and also child benefit allowance.

This really only applies to people who tell the government and the HMRC that they are no longer living in the UK but in Thailand.

There is one small ray of sunshine at the moment.

If you are receiving a state pension at the time of your death your widow can claim a widows pension for one year (assuming that she will not receiving a state pension in her own right) and also an education allowance for your child as long as the child is in full time education up to 18 years old. I am not sure if that means on the childs 18th birthday or includes 18 years in total.

Please don't talk about it too loudly or those barstewards that run the government will find out and cancel it for all is expats, as they have most other allowances.

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, meatboy said:

unless you live in an eu.country or a country that has a reciprical agreement i dont think you will claim anything,and dont forget thailand is one of the countries that dont have an agreement,so not to be a messanger of bad news YOUR STATE PENSION IS FROZEN.

so i can pay into the state for 45 years but cannot choose where to finish up my life with the money they owe me sad sad bleed us to death the give it away to people that have never worked a day in their lives eh   could in not have my pension paid into an  English bank account and not declare im living outside Europe i currently live in France they would pay if i live there or not .....as i know many x pats move to Spain ect and still draw pensions ..this would not solve the problem of child benefit which again i believe im entitled as millions of foreigners in the UK send this money back to families in India ect not fair mate is it thanks for the post meatboy

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, billd766 said:

Sadly Meatboy is correct about both a frozen pension and also child benefit allowance.

This really only applies to people who tell the government and the HMRC that they are no longer living in the UK but in Thailand.

There is one small ray of sunshine at the moment.

If you are receiving a state pension at the time of your death your widow can claim a widows pension for one year (assuming that she will not receiving a state pension in her own right) and also an education allowance for your child as long as the child is in full time education up to 18 years old. I am not sure if that means on the childs 18th birthday or includes 18 years in total.

Please don't talk about it too loudly or those barstewards that run the government will find out and cancel it for all is expats, as they have most other allowances.

thanks mate for that ive just put a post on ...it just does not seem fair they cannot pay me the money they legally owe me because its a country they dont deal with that should not come into play its still my money at the end of the day i posted earlier what if my pension was paid into my English bank and i draw from there what if i had no fixed address would they still pay   but again would not solve the child benefit which as a UK ive paid for for the last 45 years unfair drain us all our life then put the boot in at the end thats ENGLAND for you..of course there is another go back to the UK as an immigrant get loads of cash and all the benefits then leave lol ha have a good day mate

8 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

"Into the state"? You think National Insurance is some sort of savings scheme that you draw on when you retire?

no what i meant at 15 years old when i started work i was told that each month i would pay money to the government i would work and pay taxes  to much tax ..then at 65 they would pay me a monthly sum ..a pittance in fact  but thats another story and i could finish my days OK so wrong it is now 66...67 years before i can retire first lies from the UK government work longer pay more into the state no mention of where i could live on this big planet to spend my money eh !!! screwed all my working life now screwed at the end of it good old ENGLAND   hope now you understand   ...pity it wasnt a savings scheme look at the interest id get after 45 years eh

9 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

no what i meant at 15 years old when i started work i was told that each month i would pay money to the government i would work and pay taxes  to much tax ..then at 65 they would pay me a monthly sum ..a pittance in fact  but thats another story and i could finish my days OK so wrong it is now 66...67 years before i can retire first lies from the UK government work longer pay more into the state no mention of where i could live on this big planet to spend my money eh !!! screwed all my working life now screwed at the end of it good old ENGLAND   hope now you understand   ...pity it wasnt a savings scheme look at the interest id get after 45 years eh

Taxes cover current spending not future spending. All you paid for was other people's pensions, not your own, whatever you believe you may have been told

ok so pension frozen child benefit frozen if i choose to live in Thailand but does it mean that my pension cannot be paid into a UK or European bank and i can draw from there had some good feedback on the post from you all thanks any other ideas

12 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Taxes cover current spending not future spending. All you paid for was other people's pensions, not your own, whatever you believe you may have been told

so we are at the mercy of our good old honest governments then as i said they use us then bin us and there is sod all we can do but follow the (THEIR)  rules eh mate thanks for the posts

On 1/25/2017 at 2:36 PM, Harveyboy said:

ok so pension frozen child benefit frozen if i choose to live in Thailand but does it mean that my pension cannot be paid into a UK or European bank and i can draw from there had some good feedback on the post from you all thanks any other ideas

Of course you can have your pension paid into a U.K. based bank, but what has that got to do with where you have chosen to reside. The government won't immediately know where you are living if you don't tell them but you will then be committing fraud so you need to ask yourself if you wish to become a criminal for the rest of your life, and when, not if, they realize you are defrauding them, will you have the funds to repay the money that you then owe them because I'm sure they will simply keep your pension until it is paid back.

i am sure in this computer age that all the government web sites are interlinked somewhere and it's only a matter of time before a flag is raised and the axe comes down.....lol

By the way, you may have only just heard about this but arguments have been ongoing for years and a party of people have even gone as far as the European courts trying to get the full pensions paid but they lose every time.

Its been made even worse by the exchange rate drop after the Brexit vote but there is nothing we can do except grin and bear it and enjoy the sun.

HL

On 1/25/2017 at 2:45 PM, Harveyboy said:

so we are at the mercy of our good old honest governments then as i said they use us then bin us and there is sod all we can do but follow the (THEIR)  rules eh mate thanks for the posts

Give it a rest.

It is same the world over. Why would the state allow you a UK child benefit if you don't live in UK? It's ridiculous. It's the same in Canada where I live. Sometimes I can't believe the crap I am reading on this site from "sophisticated" yet completely uninformed mature Farang who decide to move to a 3rd world country and expect the same benefits as being the resident.

Why the hell would your UK government give you the money to spend it in some 3rd world hole instead of UK?

Cry me a river.

On 25/01/2017 at 2:27 PM, Harveyboy said:

The "victim" speaks out!

7 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Give it a rest.

It is same the world over. Why would the state allow you a UK child benefit if you don't live in UK? It's ridiculous. It's the same in Canada where I live. Sometimes I can't believe the crap I am reading on this site from "sophisticated" yet completely uninformed mature Farang who decide to move to a 3rd world country and expect the same benefits as being the resident.

Why the hell would your UK government give you the money to spend it in some 3rd world hole instead of UK?

Cry me a river.

sadly you missed a point i come from a county i didnt know Canada was classed as one im sorry we are talking child benefit not MOOSE if your key pad is as big as your IQ you must be typing on a postage stamp  LISTEN again LOOK again to what im asking perhaps not living in a civilised country you dont understand our laws and rules but   a person from outside UK who has never paid 1 cent  ( should be pound ill make it easy for you ok ) into the UK never worked never put anything into MY country can legally claim benefits for their family abroad ie India ect in fact most parts of the world    social security and just about anything the can scrounge WHY should i as a tax payer in the UK not be allowed the same   ...am i going to fast for you ? ok dont quote and talk about things you dont know ok or perhaps need to talk to someone probably Billy no mates eh i think Canada would fall into the 3 rd World position before here inThailand  i know i work with Canadians most days  have done for 30 years WHY the hell do you think i want to leave  hope you understand now ...  you are very rude you know if they allow you time at the institution to reply please do

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, happylarry said:

Of course you can have your pension paid into a U.K. based bank, but what has that got to do with where you have chosen to reside. The government won't immediately know where you are living if you don't tell them but you will then be committing fraud so you need to ask yourself if you wish to become a criminal for the rest of your life, and when, not if, they realize you are defrauding them, will you have the funds to repay the money that you then owe them because I'm sure they will simply keep your pension until it is paid back.

i am sure in this computer age that all the government web sites are interlinked somewhere and it's only a matter of time before a flag is raised and the axe comes down.....lol

By the way, you may have only just heard about this but arguments have been ongoing for years and a party of people have even gone as far as the European courts trying to get the full pensions paid but they lose every time.

Its been made even worse by the exchange rate drop after the Brexit vote but there is nothing we can do except grin and bear it and enjoy the sun.

HL

thanks for that mate as i said ive not lived in the UK for over 30 years and when i continued paying NI and other contributions the government know im not there but told me about the date i can claim even though im not going to be in the UK thats why i thought i could claim in any country where i lived ..well got a few years till i get it so anything could happen eh again tks mate

4 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

sadly you missed a point i come from a county i didnt know Canada was classed as one im sorry we are talking child benefit not MOOSE if your key pad is as big as your IQ you must be typing on a postage stamp  LISTEN again LOOK again to what im asking perhaps not living in a civilised country you dont understand our laws and rules but   a person from outside UK who has never paid 1 cent  ( should be pound ill make it easy for you ok ) into the UK never worked never put anything into MY country can legally claim benefits for their family abroad ie India ect in fact most parts of the world    social security and just about anything the can scrounge WHY should i as a tax payer in the UK not be allowed the same   ...am i going to fast for you ? ok dont quote and talk about things you dont know ok or perhaps need to talk to someone probably Billy no mates eh i think Canada would fall into the 3 rd World position before here inThailand  i know i work with Canadians most days  have done for 30 years WHY the hell do you think i want to leave  hope you understand now ...  you are very rude you know if they allow you time at the institution to reply please do

Aha

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2017 at 4:10 PM, Harveyboy said:

You are  incorrect. No one can claim benefits for relatives which are not registered in the UK system so it's a non starter and you are 100% wrong.

On 02/03/2017 at 8:49 PM, Rc2702 said:

You are  incorrect. No one can claim benefits for relatives which are not registered in the UK system so it's a non starter and you are 100% wrong.

Please read post from bunple. Poles can get child benefit for their children back in poland    tks 

14 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Please read post from bunple. Poles can get child benefit for their children back in poland    tks 

google this as I have after a discussion with a friend who thought trump was correct

on his stance on immigrants, he also declared all the immigrants in the uk got houses and

thousands of pounds on top by just asking .....all nonsense he denied saying it in the end.

56 minutes ago, zoza said:

google this as I have after a discussion with a friend who thought trump was correct

on his stance on immigrants, he also declared all the immigrants in the uk got houses and

thousands of pounds on top by just asking .....all nonsense he denied saying it in the end.

Wow do you mean Trump was wrong !!!

On 24/01/2017 at 0:39 PM, meatboy said:

You should be able to get it as meatboy says until you retire and come to live in Thailand.

If you are honest and report that you are then living in Thailand then you state pension is frozen and the CBA is cancelled.

Archived