Small Displacement Cruiser

themorn2112

Greetings, 

I am trying to decide on which small displacement cruiser to buy in CM. i am looking for a bike that is fairly reliable, based on a budget under 50k Baht. I have my choices down to the Honda Phantom, or Kawasaki Boss. I like the styling of the Boss, but am leaning towards the Phantom because of Honda reputation for reliability and availability of parts and service. Any opinion or views on the Kawasaki Boss? Is is a fairly decent bike for local daily city commuting? How about the comfort level for bigger riders (I am 120 kg, 184.5 cm). I plan to use the bike for local commuting to the school i will be attending in CM and/or future commuting to work, along as a a Visa run as needed? I am not a fast rider, so i will be quite content lagging behind with most of the 4 wheeled vehicles in conjunction with the occasional Visa border run. 

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I think I would get a new scooter for my 50k baht if I was you, the bikes mentioned are getting too old in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

That's My max budget. Ideally, i am looking at >40k. I have found what seems to be some good deals on Phantoms @ around 25k to 38k (20k-25k for 150cc 2 strokes), with better deals on Bosses (hence my question on the reliability of the 175cc Bosses). I am willing to pay a few coins more for exceptional models, of course, explaining the 50k imposed budget limit. Ideally, i would love to pick up a second hand 400cc machine, but tightening budget constraints are limiting my options. 

55 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I think they're turning the 286cc engine from the CBR300 into one.

For the OP, I would get a used PCX150.

My option along those lines is the Suzi 150cc Raider (preferably the "r" series). That bike seems to be a good compromise on power/size. That's a bike that can seemingly handle my frame (184.5 cm, 120 kg), with adequate power for a Highway Visa run as needed. i am not a fast rider, so I can live with a Cruiser that can handle the occasional Highway run. 

3 hours ago, themorn2112 said:

with better deals on Bosses (hence my question on the reliability of the 175cc Bosses

Friends 2 up went all around Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back into Thailand on a Kwacka 175cc Boss so yeah l would say pretty reliable. :thumbsup: