Body Detox

tuffy

I have noticed advertisements around lately for Detox here and there. Has anyone had any experience with that here in Thailand?

I have been thinking about trying it but I have no previous experience and am not sure what to expect.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Yes I too have been recently researching various detoxing protocols in Thailand. I had seen the various 'eat nothing for 10 days+' fasting places in Samui and Pang nan, but I knew that i didn't have the discipline or desire for such experiences.

A friend of mine had recently travelled to Chiang Mai and she came across the Chiang Mai Ayurvedic Center (probably mis spelt it sorry!) She spoke so highly of the colonic irrigation, and special detoxing massages and various devices that literally pull toxins out of your body while you sit there reading your favourite novel!

The simplicity and lack of pain factors appealed to me so I went to check it out for myself. I must say i am VERY impressed, especially with the prices. They charge about 1200B for a colonic with 2 therapists and I know from experience that in the UK the same thing would easily cost the equivalent of $100-$130 USD.

The staff are adorable and made me feel very at ease. i'm now sleeping better than ever before, enjoying a higher sex drive and experiencing less aches and pains during the day. Whatsmore, I didn't have to go through some gruelling fast to get these results!

I highly recommend them to anyone interested in detoxing their way to better health.

www.detox-chiangmai.com

Free-Spirit

I have noticed advertisements around lately for Detox here and there. Has anyone had any experience with that here in Thailand?

I have been thinking about trying it but I have no previous experience and am not sure what to expect.

Try my detox machine, you will feel relax after the 30 min treatment.

Be carefully, there are some serious offers, but specialy on detox there is also a lot of bs arround.

Can recommend Health Oasis in Samui. No BS, solid program and you'll look and feel great afterwards.

It does involve fasting (most detox programs do) but they give you all sorts of herbs and bulk stuff to make you feel full, you really don't get hungry.

My wife detoxes once ot twice a week and swears by it. She learnt the method from a Cheewajit course run by Dr Sathit Intrakhamhaeng. There's no fasting other than before detoxing, which she does first thing in the morning. A number of people in my school do it and are happy with it. You can buy the kits at healthy life-type outlets in shopping malls. I'd do it, but am too lazy and I like to cook breakfast and read when I get up in the morning. There's a very good national magazine called Cheewajit that comes out twice a month, but it's all in Thai. I'm sorry if this looks like an advertisement, but it's my experience (well, hers really).

The Rasayana Retreat in Bangkok features a detox program using the Arise & Shine brand of products. If you are in the USA you can get the Arise & Shine products MUCH cheaper via their web site and just do the colonics at Rasayana or even at a local hospital/clinic.

Rasayana is a bit upscale, appealing to yuppies, but their colonics rooms are super clean, decorated in soothing decor (blue sky & clouds painted on the ceiling) with private shower in each colonic room.

Rasayana has a "live foods" cafe, where all is organic and not heated over a certain temperature. Quite tasty.

I have no affiliation with Rasayana nor Arise & Shine, but I am a satisfied user of the Arise & Shine products. They REALLY clean you out. It's interesting to see what's in the toilet bowl sometimes. Seriously.