Rawai Mayor orders investigation into Phuket infected cat case

webfact

Rawai Mayor orders investigation into Phuket infected cat case

The Phuket News

1485493985_1.jpg

63-year-old Mr Veera Pantip recovers in hospital from a severe infection caused by a cat scratch. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The Mayor of Rawai yesterday (Jan 26) ordered officials to investigate the case of 63-year-old Mr Veera Pantip who was scratched by a cat and infected with the flesh-eating bacteria necrotizing fasciitis.

Mr Veera’s infection was so severe that doctors were close to amputating the man’s leg, however, after receiving treatment it is hoped that amputation will be avoided and he remains in hospital recovering.

Following the incident, Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos has now ordered health officials from Rawai Municipality to visit Mr Veera in hospital and his home to investigate the situation.

“I have ordered my Health Department colleagues to follow up the case this afternoon. I am waiting for an official report from them,” said Mayor Aroon.

When asked how he planned to respond to the situation, Mayor Aroon said, “We don’t have any set plan of reaction to this issue yet. I am waiting for the Rawai Municipality Health Department to deliver its official report.”

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/rawai-mayor-orders-investigation-into-phuket-infected-cat-case-60795.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-27