Queue up: Rich guy gives away 2 million baht cash to the poor

snoop1130

Queue up: Rich guy gives away 2 million baht cash to the poor

By Coconuts Bangkok

gal-2159546-20170127014443-068e197.jpg

Photo: Sanook

A wealthy man in Udon Thani spent this morning handing out envelopes of cash, totaling THB2 million, to help those who live hand-to-mouth.

Preecha Chairat, who owns several businesses in Udon Thani, wanted to make merit on the occasion of Chinese New Year, but instead of handing his money to temples, Preecha handed out 10,000 envelopes containing THB200 cash each this morning.

Preecha said he has been doing this for over 30 years. He first started handing out the ang pao to his employees, and after that, he would give the red envelope to anyone who queued up because helping people makes him happy, Sanook reported.

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/27/queue-rich-guy-gives-away-2-million-baht-cash-poor

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-1-27

A  three  year  old  baby , was  crushed  in the stampede  for the money .    This kind  man is  a super rich property owner in Udon , Preecha market. 

farlangs rich ? , really .            

Edited by elliss

Nice gesture, did not know mr T was back

20 yrs ago I was in partnership with some Italians we had a large pizza business, we wanted publicity, but did not have a lot of spare money, so we telephoned the local TV office and said these nuts were giving out pound notes on Oxford street, we soon got free TV coverage, and interviews, but the amazing thing was; people were reluctant to take the money

People need to earn the money....create incentives just don't hand it out

alcoholics and druggies will put it to bad use...

should have some type of screening mechanism where the wealthy buy up all the low income housing property so they can profit by it....

does free welfare work?

25 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

should have some type of screening mechanism where the wealthy buy up all the low income housing property so they can profit by it....

does free welfare work?

I agree.  Easy money Is  never valued, and any junkie loser can put his hand out to this good hearted guy.

It's his money to do with what he chooses though, and screening takes time he probably doesn't have.

Well done Mr Preecha  Chairat  !!

Edited by F4UCorsair

FMD......this is the reason i love TV.......no where else can i find posters who can put a negative twist on a bloke who is just doing his thing.

you have to be professional trolls knocking one out in anticipation of replies, its a pity you don't put the same effort into some humorous posts.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Give a man a fish he will eat for the day...............................Teach a man....

Don't teach him to fish---go feed yourself...he's a grown man, fishing isn't that  F#@%ing  hard to work out................:coffee1:

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

does free welfare work?

Well in the near future we will find out. It is being done now in a Scandinavian country. It has to come to provide the non working sheeple (future majority) with funds to buy all the great and wonderful things that the elite are producing. You just cannot have these wonderful things we cannot live without just dropping off the end of an assembly line with no buyers. Its would be like a blockage in the Gulf Stream. Of course the taxes of the elite would go up drastically to provide the free money and that would be the weak link in the chain as they just do not want to share. 

3 hours ago, wombat said:

FMD......this is the reason i love TV.......no where else can i find posters who can put a negative twist on a bloke who is just doing his thing.

you have to be professional trolls knocking one out in anticipation of replies, its a pity you don't put the same effort into some humorous posts.

Yes your first statement is truly correct. Do we deep down envy this guy because we cannot afford this but yet so many elite can here but do not. I think he is a good start in helping people and may trigger some milk of human kindness from the rich although I sincerely doubt it. Yes they should have jobs to support themselves but that is not in the offing here for the super poor who are poor by choice or just plain laziness. Please do not stone this guy verbally for trying.

7 hours ago, balo said:

Good for him , I always wanted to do it myself if I were a millionaire.  Unfortunately I am not. 

You can still give as you see a need you can still meet it our mind tells us that giving a little bit isn't enough when in fact it still helps just don't wait to become wealthy before you give because you may never gain wealthy status but by giving a little of what you have you will surely be rich in other ways. 

3 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Nice gesture but b200 isn't rescuing anybody from poverty, just giving 10k passerby's a happy moment. Better to carefully vet 10 deserving, industrious poor families and change their lives and hope they follow his example if they don't squander the money.

The way I see it 10,000 people got 200 bhat better off maybe it isn't much but still they are all 200 bhat in front good work sir your money you can choose to do what you want to do with it. 

Realy    sometimes i think people on this forum talk  dribble

if you realy look into chinese new year   that what it is all about

millions of people travel 1 time a year to go see family just 1 time a year for this because they work in all kind s of places

myself work on many factory sites but chinee new year it all stops

if u do good you get good

nothing to do with using for drugs or other bad things as they say here   money or no money will still happen

for some in thailand 200 baht is 2 days food for a family maybe more  .

so realy   think before you slag off people  they are asians we are what we are

7 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

does free welfare work?

You pompous prick!