Bangkok Furniture Expo

JayBird

Ten years ago I bought a sofa at a furniture show at Sirikit.  Display model was well made and comfortable...I tried it every way I could. Paid B10,000, delivered.

The sofa that arrived at my apartment two weeks later looked the same but as I used it, it became clear that it was carelessly made.  Protruding frame pieces just under the upholstery made stretching out pretty uncomfortable.  It has three reclining back sections and the mechanisms have held up well though not frequently used.  The upholstery material has held up pretty well.

You get what you pay for.  Though I had complaints, ten years service isn't bad 

Edited by dddave

There always seems to be a Furniture Fair or Furniture Expo going on, and I did purchase some items at a big Furniture Fair/Expo at Impact Arena years ago. I think it's worth having a look, although you can probably get just  as good prices or better shopping around. There are hundreds of vendors at those fairs and it can save you a lot of time driving around the city and going to each individual store. 

I was able to get a very nice custom bed, a mattress that wasn't as hard as a rock, a vacuum cleaner and a sofa at the fair. The prices were pretty good and there are many things you won't see elsewhere, like the custom-made bed I bought. 

My partner and I had a very good experience at a furniture fair at Impact.  We had been looking high and low for a sofa in Pattaya but couldn't find exactly what we wanted--everything was too big, too small, the wrong color, the wrong style, etc.   We didn't see any sofas on display exactly like we wanted at the furniture fair, either, but at one dealer we did like one of their sofas--but it was too big for our space.  No problem--they can make the same sofa design with the same leather any size we want. So, by making the arms a few centimeters narrower and the seat cushions a few centimeters less in length, we were able to get just what we wanted. And, the price wasn't much different than the standard sofas we had been looking at.  We were also able to design our custom kitchen using another dealer at the fair--we liked their cabinets because the gloss finish was different than others we had seen.  Both companies were great to work with, delivered on time and on budget, and we are pleased with the results.  I was a little hesitant in using Bangkok companies since we live in Pattaya but it turned out well. 

Just now, Bonefish said:

I googled it very politely and now I know where it is, but I won't tell you either :)

That's great cause my house already has loads of furniture and most of it is bought there. There's a good furnituremaker/carpenter there with a stand and i'm his biggest customer ever. He can't speak a word english though.

11 minutes ago, Thian said:

That's great cause my house already has loads of furniture and most of it is bought there. There's a good furnituremaker/carpenter there with a stand and i'm his biggest customer ever. He can't speak a word english though.

Good for you, congratulations!

I recently went to "Design Square", a large, multiple dealer, four story furniture showroom just 1km past "Central-Bang Na" on the Bang-Na Trat highway. 

There is a very large and varied collection of furniture on display there with a broad price range. Sofa's available from B7000 on up to 30K+.  I saw a couple of very comfortable reclining armchairs in the B10,000 range though one wonders about the reliability of the mechanism.

The place is certainly worth a look if you are furniture shopping.  If you don't want to pay a taxi B100 from central Bangkok, both the #38 & 48 air con buses that run along Sukhumvit will drop you at the door.

Edited by dddave