Best water delivery ?

markcm19

I have glacier now and am ok with their service, but looking for better. They require a call each time we need water and when my wife is unable to call we wont get water.

Id really prefer glass or BPA free bbottles, the glacier has nice glass bottles but they are too small. A bonus would be a water dispenser.

They are all similar. Glacier is very good - have had them 9 years now. Won't deliver w/o a call? Never heard of such a thing. Our guy comes every week. We get glass bottles, small plastic bottles, as well as 20 liter bottles each week.

What does your wife calling have to do with it? Why don't you call them yourself and ask them to come each week? No need to call once you are on the weekly route.

I've been to the factory in Saraphi - and an aunt worked there for a while. The place is absolutely spotless - like a hospital in there; only cleaner.

We have had Polestar deliver for 9 years.Every Saturday morning between 8-30 and 9.0am. Never had to call.

20 litre bottle, for 20 baht, which go onto our dispenser. You can buy a variety of dispensers from about 3,000 baht up,loads at Home Pro etc

Polestar do large plastic bottles too in crates

Suggest you see what trucks are coming into your area. I think most can be trusted re quality unless you had every single delivery tested

6 hours ago, elektrified said:

They are all similar. Glacier is very good - have had them 9 years now. Won't deliver w/o a call? Never heard of such a thing. Our guy comes every week. We get glass bottles, small plastic bottles, as well as 20 liter bottles each week.

What does your wife calling have to do with it? Why don't you call them yourself and ask them to come each week? No need to call once you are on the weekly route.

I've been to the factory in Saraphi - and an aunt worked there for a while. The place is absolutely spotless - like a hospital in there; only cleaner.

When I call they say we are.not a customer and ask for d delivery truck number (which  don't know). This is besides the fact.I have been a customerr for well over a year. Wife calls driver directly who doesn't speak any English.

Complicated shit, now how could you get the delivery truck number?  Or how could you learn some basic Thai?

Got it!  Have your wife call the driver one more time and have her put you on the line to speak English to him and a little Thai if you can, then she can tell him when you call, he should please come to deliver water to you and her.  He does not have to understand you and he will remember the sound of your voice and you will be the only English speaker who blah blahs him and thanks him it Thai.   Then all you have to do is get his phone number from your wife, is that possible?  Oh and give him a tip or a gift sometimes.

Actually I can not believe that your wife is too busy to make a 3 minute phone call to order water nor why she can not arrange regular weekly delivery but I understand that there are many reasons she might choose not to.

6 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Got it!  Have your wife call the driver one more time and have her put you on the line to speak English to him and a little Thai if you can, then she can tell him when you call, he should please come to deliver water to you and her […]

Or maybe have the wife write a message in Thai that OP can just copy/paste and send as an SMS when he need water. Could even include number of cases, so the OP can easily change quantity.

8 hours ago, markcm19 said:

[…] the glacier has nice glass bottles but they are too small

They are 500 ml, I haven’t seen any larger glass bottles for water here.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Complicated shit, now how could you get the delivery truck number?  Or how could you learn some basic Thai?

Got it!  Have your wife call the driver one more time and have her put you on the line to speak English to him and a little Thai if you can, then she can tell him when you call, he should please come to deliver water to you and her.  He does not have to understand you and he will remember the sound of your voice and you will be the only English speaker who blah blahs him and thanks him it Thai.   Then all you have to do is get his phone number from your wife, is that possible?  Oh and give him a tip or a gift sometimes.

Actually I can not believe that your wife is too busy to make a 3 minute phone call to order water nor why she can not arrange regular weekly delivery but I understand that there are many reasons she might choose not to.

I know a reasonable amount of Thai but sure, I could do better. I have started studying and am working on it, in a few months im sure I will be able to do the calls. The real issue is that it is an inconvenience, and we are forced to call them a couple of times a week, tell them how many bottles, and then hope they come (which they often forget). I do leave tips as they drag the bottles right to the door and get me water despite the call center arguing / refusing both my calls and my wifes attempts at calls. Its not often she is 'too busy' to make the call, but when she is at work and does not know I want water at home, or forgets to call in the morning and its the mid afternoon for example. Everyone has told her regular deliveries are not possible and it has to be called in each time, with money hidden under the bottles (and no change given).

Its impossible with them to arrange scheduled deliveries, which would be a huge convenience and sure, I can find solutions to the hassles of the delivery, its just a minor inconvenience id rather not deal with and is unprofessional.

1 hour ago, markcm19 said:

we are forced to call them a couple of times a week […] but when she is at work and does not know I want water at home […]

Maybe the reason they won’t do regular delivery is because you are not on the route and only order water for what sounds like 2-3 days of use.

I am sure you have your reasons, but maybe try order larger quantities, and I’d also suggest you reorder before you actually have run out of water.

I don't understand why the driver from glacier does not deliver on a regular

basis to you, we have been receiving deliveries ,every Wednesday and 

Saturday, for what must be at least 20 years,since they first opened the

business, you can just about set the clock by them,

regards worgeordie

I got it! Go to the factory and explain the situation and open an account and get on the route. Glacier is an excellent company and they make regular weekly, deliveries. Something doesn't sound right. There is no doubt some confusion going on. Actually, you shouldn't need to go to the factory since your wife could rectify the situation with one phone call. But you could go there yourself and get everything set up. You tell them in advance what your weekly order is. You can get any combination of glass or plastic, clear or milky color plastic and any combination of sizes. They only thing they can't tell you is the price because the drivers buy the water from the company and sell to the customers. You will have to negotiate directly with the driver on your route as well as pay him/her a deposit for the empty bottles; large clear 300 Baht, large milky 85 Baht, box of bottles 250-300 Baht, etc. The driver will give you a company receipt for the deposit.

Perhaps they do not deliver on a regular basis because the OP is calling them several times a week not on any schedule requesting irregular amounts delivered which is not the kind of service they prefer to supply.  Imagine if all their customers were doing that, pure hell.

6 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Perhaps they do not deliver on a regular basis because the OP is calling them several times a week not on any schedule requesting irregular amounts delivered which is not the kind of service they prefer to supply.  Imagine if all their customers were doing that, pure hell.

I'd like to know how you would expect any other type of orders from me, given they do not allow regular, scheduled deliveries for me? ?

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Why do others get regular deliveries but the OP can not? He might help himself if he could answer that. Everybody I know gets regular deliveries, no problems. Is there something else going on here?

It sounds like a miscommunication problem; which is why I suggested going to the factory and straightening it out. Or having the wife call...... Personally I would take care of it myself.

Archived