flying from Bkk to Germany

Can any Germans or travelers help me. We want to fly from Bkk to Münster

Apart from Thai airways international can you recommend any other airline flying direct to Frankfurt?

What is the best carrier to take internal flights around germany i.e. to Munster. 

Finally whats the best online train booking site that I can use my visa card on- that issues e tickets?

thanks

Moved to Thailand travel forum for more attendance.

Direct flight to Frankfurt means non-stop?

In this case there is only the choice between Thai Airways (TG) and Lufthansa (LH).

Non stop flights from Bangkok to Germany only to Frankfurt (FRA) and Munich (MUC).

Munich is served by Thai Airways only.

If low price is not the top option then I would vote for Munich.

Much more convenient airport than Frankfurt.

If you would consider a one stop flight there are endless options to Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, Berlin and Duesseldorf (DUS).

Duesseldorf is served by Emirates e.g. and is closest to Muenster (about 100 km, 65 miles).

Muenster/Osnabrueck has a small airport (FMO).

Lufthansa serves the route to/from Munich and Frankfurt.

No other choice I can see.

FRA: LH and TG arrive around 6 AM, continue to Muenster at 9:20AM.

MUC: TG also arriving early at 6:45 AM, continue at 11:10AM.

So indeed LH or TG would both be trouble free options for a price (assuming no strike at LH :sleep:).

For the sake of completeness: there are (non daily) non-stop flights to Cologne with low cost carrier Eurowings.

Bring your lunch pack :tongue:

I don't think you consider this an option?

My wife booked to go to Munich mid March with Thai, about 38000thb return (OK I know I'm a cheepee, I should have sent her Business!) . Just went to Thai in Bangkok to book. Could have got it cheaper if booked earlier and chosen different days. Also I guess if I had searched on line.

Previously we have flown to Frankfurt with both TA and LH. Prefer Thai.

Does anyone know if there is a Meeting Point at Munich Airport as she is being met, or where can she arrange to meet. She lands at Terminal 2. .... Thanks

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

My wife booked to go to Munich mid March with Thai, about 38000thb return (OK I know I'm a cheepee, I should have sent her Business!) . Just went to Thai in Bangkok to book. Could have got it cheaper if booked earlier and chosen different days. Also I guess if I had searched on line.

Previously we have flown to Frankfurt with both TA and LH. Prefer Thai.

Does anyone know if there is a Meeting Point at Munich Airport as she is being met, or where can she arrange to meet. She lands at Terminal 2. .... Thanks

That is a ridiculously expensive fare, particularly in non-peak-season.

LH will almost always be cheaper than TG ex-BKK to anywhere in Europe.

If you don't insist on non-stop BKK-FRA, you can fly for around 24K or less, even using quality airlines such as Qatar or Emirates. For the cheap Charlies there are even cheaper options, sometimes as low as 20K, on Air India, Royal Jordanian (not as bad as they are being made!), Oman Air (a small but good airline) or several Chinese Airlines (make sure you don't need to use the lavatories often - disgusting).

Flying to FRA is the most convenient way, as there is a speed-train station at the airport (unlike at MUC)  which makes your onward journey to Münster hassle-free as there are non-stop connections to Münster from FRA Airport.

The same can not be said of MUC Airport - getting there and from is a pain in the arse, plus it is very far from Münster anyway (as long as you don't fly).

it is quite easy to book train tickets using the official www.bahn.de website of German railways

Edited by siam2007

I wanted her to go direct ... I wanted her to fly Thai ... it was her decision  not to fly business .... and mine to have her picked up by pre arranged taxi instead of using the train.

Is there a Meeting point at Munich Airport by the way.

Yes I know I that I should have started a separate topic to ask the above question ...sorry just thought some guy from Germany may read this and have the answer ...

Edited by JAS21

32 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I wanted her to go direct ... I wanted her to fly Thai ... it was her decision  not to fly business .... and mine to have her picked up by pre arranged taxi instead of using the train.

Is there a Meeting point at Munich Airport by the way.

Yes I know I that I should have started a separate topic to ask the above question ...sorry just thought some guy from Germany may read this and have the answer ...

If money is not a concern (and it seems it isn't in your case), for sure THAI is the most comfortable option with good leg room and the catering is pleasant. For me personally, I would rather pay a few THB more than paying 38K for Y-class and instead fly C-class on a not-so-famous airline and with a transit stop involved. Sometimes C-class return-tickets can be had for as low as 50K on airlines such as AI, RJ, Oman Air, AirAstana (which is excellent!) and even Finnair (60K)

Edited by siam2007

3 hours ago, siam2007 said:

there are non-stop connections to Münster from FRA Airport.

EDIT

and why is the train station then an argument for FRA?

LH serves Muenster/Osnabrueck from both Munich and Frankfurt .

The argument for LH (FRA) would very likely be the price (all in a single booking I guess).