Fiance Settlement Visa - next stop, FLR, advice please??

A friend of mine recently brought his finance to the UK on the finance step of a settlement visa, they wanted to get married in the UK which they have now done, they are now in the process of applying for the FLR which in essence is the first step of a marriage settlement visa, but it's called the FLR, they will be doing this by post in the UK, has anyone gone this route already, any advice they can give, we know that the NHS surcharge has to be completed first, at the moment they are being told that the biometrics need to be completed, Mrs D (as she's now known) did all that at The Trendy Building in Bangers for the original visa - will this still be in the system or will it be required again - but in the UK?

Any advice or guidance at all will be appreciated by them.

Thanks

Mr and Mrs D c/o Me  

Edited by BIGJIMMY

30 minutes ago, BIGJIMMY said:

at the moment they are being told that the biometrics need to be completed, Mrs D (as she's now known) did all that at The Trendy Building in Bangers for the original visa - will this still be in the system or will it be required again - but in the UK?

Yes, her biometrics will still be in the system, but she will need to have them taken again so that they can check she is the same person before issuing her with her Biometric Residence Permit.

From the link in my previous

2. Give your fingerprints and photo

Where to provide your biometric information

Where you give your biometric information depends on how you’re making your visa or immigration application.

If you’re applying from within the UK, go to:

Click on the Post Office link and that will take you to their branch finder where you can find the nearest branch offering this service.

Have you applied for FLR yet? You need to apply first and after a couple of weeks you will get written confirmation to show you have applied. A few weeks after that you will get paperwork to ask you to apply for FLR. Take the papers to your closest PO that can do the biometrics, pay about £19 for it and the job is done. The letter for the biometrics comes from the initial assessment unit, presumably knowing your visa will go through. My wife's took just over 7 weeks.