Visa Agency Warning

littlestevee12

i would of liked nothing more to get my 'gf' into saudi but its just so obvious that the thirld world 'gf' was going to be a 'housegirl' & she should be brought in under the proper work visa. :o

It is also so obvious, even to the most mentally-challenged expat who has not got his knees brown, that Saudi Arabia is an ultra-conservative Muslim country with a very strict moral code. Any form of contact between members of the opposite is frowned upon. I remember Dairy Queen in Taif being shut down by the muttawa (religious police) because 4 unrelated Filipinos (2 male and 2 female) were sitting at the same table just enjoying an ice cream.

Could you have got your girlfriend into the country? There are no tourist visas, even visitor visas are company sponsored business visas. Saudi Arabia run a block visa system so if your company did not have a slot for a housemaid then she would not get it. OK, there are ways around the system, on two of my contracts, I was employed as a paramedic supervisor but my paperwork stated 'plumber/electrician'. There is no way that the authorities would allow you to cohabit.

i would of liked nothing more to get my 'gf' into saudi but its just so obvious that the thirld world 'gf' was going to be a 'housegirl' & she should be brought in under the proper work visa. :o

It is also so obvious, even to the most mentally-challenged expat who has not got his knees brown, that Saudi Arabia is an ultra-conservative Muslim country with a very strict moral code. Any form of contact between members of the opposite is frowned upon. I remember Dairy Queen in Taif being shut down by the muttawa (religious police) because 4 unrelated Filipinos (2 male and 2 female) were sitting at the same table just enjoying an ice cream.

Could you have got your girlfriend into the country? There are no tourist visas, even visitor visas are company sponsored business visas. Saudi Arabia run a block visa system so if your company did not have a slot for a housemaid then she would not get it. OK, there are ways around the system, on two of my contracts, I was employed as a paramedic supervisor but my paperwork stated 'plumber/electrician'. There is no way that the authorities would allow you to cohabit.

You would really need to get married if you wanted to get a woman into Saudi.

Having said that if you have the right connections anything is possible in Saudi.

I used to pay a Saudi fixer to get me three month mulit exit re entry visas in Bahrain because my sponsor couldn't provide them. Heck this guy got a South African friend a Kiwi passport with all the right stamps and it took just one day. Anything is possible in Saudi but for your average Joe he will never meet or be introduced to these fixers.

Yes, indeed, anything is possible. I had a good contact in RSAF who supplied my Scotch and other 'luxuries'. There was even a pork butcher in Jeddah and I don't think many people knew that. His pork chops were great and not imported! The avaerage person out there does not have the right contacts.

• 3 weeks later...
Kash, Taiwan has thousands of Thai workers who do the work the Taiwanese dont want to do. The Taiwanese consider the Thais to be third class citizens. They are not allowed to purchase motorbikes, have curfews, and are regularly harassed by the police. About a year ago, there was an uprising of Thais who were working on the subway system in one of the major cities. These Thais were working under horrible conditions and were pretty much treated like slaves.

So, Taiwan does not just give visas to Thais. They dont want Thais overstaying visas. They dont want them permanently settling into Taiwan and working under the table. They want Thais for hard labor at low wages.

If you have white skin and can speak English the Taiwanese are more than happy to give you a high paying job with a visa.

this is VERY true - I can confirm it from personal experience.

however you must have been carefull BEFORE you paid money - after it is pointless.

this is VERY true - I can confirm it from personal experience.

however you must have been carefull BEFORE you paid money - after it is pointless.

How do you suggest going about that?

Anyways, lesson learned. No1Visa does not return customer's money as posted on their <URL removed>. :o

Edited by Totster
removed URL