Thai passport for Thai partner ...how much how hard?

mikey88

Quick question.....how much does a Thai have to pay for a Thai passport (travel to Europe etc)..

and is there much difficuly involved...?

i want to find out the facts before I raise the topic with them....just a precaution.

Thanks for the help...

The Thai passport is easy to get, just need Thai ID card and 1,000 baht.  She can file for it and they mail it to her in about a week.  Where you big problem will be is getting a visa from the country you want to take her to.  That can be a long drawn out process depending on what country.

14 minutes ago, Jeddah Jo said:

That's not true. They will post it anywhere. They only need to see a copy of tabian baan and ID card.

Only ID card required in Korat. and why not, if they have ID'd you from a personal visit no reason to send it were you wish.

Back within the week, good service and fair price at 1,000 Baht.

52 minutes ago, Jeddah Jo said:

That's not true. They will post it anywhere. They only need to see a copy of tabian baan and ID card.

When wife got here's about 5years ago they would only post to her village address not here cnx address.maybe changed.now.

29 minutes ago, true blue said:

When wife got here's about 5years ago they would only post to her village address not here cnx address.maybe changed.now.

My wife has got 2 new passports, first 10 years ago, from CM City Hall.

Both mailed to our same Hang Dong address.Proof is the ID card address. If the ID card says you live outside CM another matter.

As mentioned very efficient ,the last visit in and out in 20 minutes.13 ladies in booths with cameras.Cost 1,000 baht.Received by mail within 10 days.

As an aside I asked the head lady "why are they only valid for 5 years ?"

She took  me away from the other staff and touched her nose."Its the nose she said, many ladies get new nose look different" ...................jing jing

12 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

My wife has got 2 new passports, first 10 years ago, from CM City Hall.

Both mailed to our same Hang Dong address.Proof is the ID card address. If the ID card says you live outside CM another matter.

As mentioned very efficient ,the last visit in and out in 20 minutes.13 ladies in booths with cameras.Cost 1,000 baht.Received by mail within 10 days.

As an aside I asked the head lady "why are they only valid for 5 years ?"

She took  me away from the other staff and touched her nose."Its the nose she said, many ladies get new nose look different" ...................jing jing

And/or chin......the plastic implant that the surgeon pounds in with a hammer - literally to create the square chin. It's a hideous look but the Thais love it.