Stomach pain and burps, will ultrasound show anything ? Gastroscopy needed ? Where and how much around Pattaya ? Thanks.

abab

19 minutes ago, guru said:

I asked to be tested for helicobacter pylori as Dr Google suggested that’s what I had.
It cost just over 3k at Sukhumvit hospital Ekkamai.
I blew into a bag then took a tablet which I believe was radioactive urea. I then had to lie on my left side for 5 minutes followed by sitting up for 15 minutes and then blew into a bag again.
Came back an hour later and test was negative. Peace of mind though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Quite surprised at the test they gave you, still tests change!

I was always of the thought that a stool test is the main test..  A point to note is that H.Pylori can be a precursor causing stomach Cancer...which I have 1st hand experience of!

They put me to sleep when I had a gastroscopy at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and it was over before I knew it.  I also had an ultrasound and an EKG and none of the tests showed anything and cost around 12,000, as I recall.

Eventually, I needed an emergency gastrectomy at Bangkok Hospital Medical Center at a cost of 1.6 million, and my stomach problems are a thing of the past.

Edited by camble

3 hours ago, camble said:

They put me to sleep when I had a gastroscopy at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and it was over before I knew it.  I also had an ultrasound and an EKG and none of the tests showed anything and cost around 12,000, as I recall.

Eventually, I needed an emergency gastrectomy at Bangkok Hospital Medical Center at a cost of 1.6 million, and my stomach problems are a thing of the past.

So what did they do? A full gastrectomy is stomach removal! 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

So what did they do? A full gastrectomy is stomach removal! 

Yes.  That’s what they did, and it saved my life.  Initially, I tried to treat the condition with dietary changes, and that helped, but a few years later it worsened and I was throwing up blood in the ER. I recall helping the girls get a tube up my nose so they could drain the rest of the blood from my stomach.  I strongly recommend Bangkok Hospital Medical Center if you can afford it.

Edited by camble

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 11:34 PM, camble said:

Yes.  That’s what they did, and it saved my life.  Initially, I tried to treat the condition with dietary changes, and that helped, but a few years later it worsened and I was throwing up blood in the ER. I recall helping the girls get a tube up my nose so they could drain the rest of the blood from my stomach.  I strongly recommend Bangkok Hospital Medical Center if you can afford it.

How do you survive without any stomach? Where does your food go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

How do you survive without any stomach? Where does your food go?

Food goes into my intestines, they can do double duty because the body can adapt.  You don’t need a stomach unless you’re going for the buffet, it’s about the most useless organ in the human body.  

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 10:38 PM, overc said:

hello, I am wondering if someone without stomach has to take medicine forever or if the body can really adapt to a life without stomach easily ?

thank you.

You must eat very small bland meals / amounts and not too acidic, you will nearly always need to take a drug for acid reflux such as Omeprazole plus Vitamin B12 injections.

Some people unfortunately can only manage a liquid diet.

A full gastrectomy is only effected as a last resort, even stomach cancer does not require this. 

Usually a tube gastrectomy is effected, leaving as you might imagine a thin stomach, which will given time slowly expand sufficiently to eat small meals without issues.

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 5:38 AM, overc said:

hello, I am wondering if someone without stomach has to take medicine forever or if the body can really adapt to a life without stomach easily ?

thank you.

I don’t take medication, just a vitamin b-12 injection every few months.  I’m healthier without a stomach.  It’s just a lifestyle change to eat smaller meals.  It took 4-5 months for my intestines to adapt.  

Edited by camble

26 minutes ago, camble said:

I don’t take medication, just a vitamin b-12 injection every few months.  I’m healthier without a stomach.  It’s just a lifestyle change to eat smaller meals.  It took 4-5 months for my intestines to adapt.  

Well done!! It took me two years and that was just for a tube gastrectomy!  (after Stomach cancer caused in part by H.Bacter Pylori!)

Edited by Pdavies99
  • Like 1