90 Day Report for US Citizen ok at Imperial Lad Prao?

The Thai Immigration website has this:

Offices accepting notification:
Immigration offices throughout the country
For foreigners who residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
For foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact at sub-division 3 Visa extension units, Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18 , Phatumwan, Bangkok.
For special Labor of three Nationalities Laos , Cambodia and Myanmar residing in Bangkok contact at Major Hollywood Susawad 1st Floor or Imperial Ladproaw 5th Floor

I have to say, the writing is ambiguous at best. I've seen other posts on here saying that Immigration at Chaeng Wattana told someone that the 90 day report is ok at the Ladproaw office in Imperial but it looks like only Laos, Cambodians and citizens of Myanmar can use this office.

I'm thinking it's faster to go to this office as there won't be that many people doing a 90 day report, and it's easier and closer to where I am living.

Is anyone here sure, that I can use this office instead of the main office?

You can use the office at Imperial work Lad Prao.

From Bangkok immigration website home page. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

From 2nd January, 2014, all foreigners residing in Bangkok will be able to provide their 90 days notification of residence at 2 additional offices, which are Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat (Moved to Big C Rat Burana Rd) and Imperial World Ladprao. 

Foreigners in Bangkok can do 90 day reporting at 3 locations;
-Main immigration office at the gov't complex at Chaengwattana
-Imperial World Mall (Big C Lad Prao Soi 83 5th floor)
-Big C Ratburana Rd (across the river in Thonburi)
The main office is open 8:30-16:30 - closed 12:00-13:00 for lunch
The other two locations are open from 10:30-18:30 - closed from 12:30-13:30 for lunch

2 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

I'm assuming it is much quicker than waiting at the main immigration office, right?

I have read several reports that it is quicker at two other sites. Just a reminder, take note of the different opening times than the main office, as I stated above.

It's much, much quicker. I use Imperial World for my 90 day reports. The longest I have waited was 30 minutes. Last time it was 10 minutes.

Take a pen because they are now asking people to complete the form where they want to know everything about you.

5th floor, tucked away in one corner. 99 per cent of the people there will be Loas, Cambodian and I think Burmese.

There is a special queue, not for US (or any other) citizens, but, for 90 day reporting. Were that not the case, you would be there all day. Just make sure all your ducks are in a row, as the new gent that took the reins of that subdivision a while back apparently was not issued a sense of humor, meaning, he can be a bit touchy. I suspect he may have told a superior that he had reasonable English skills, and who knows, maybe even misguidedly believed he had. His resulting demeanor is a bit defensive, to put it mildly. But yeah, 5-10 minutes and out, most days. You might even catch the lady, who is pretty cool. However, it would be well advised to fill out the forms beforehand. Not much in the way of tables or ledges, and the new forms are somewhat cumbersome. Keep in mind you will be writing on your lap. 

Edited by Songlaw
A sh*tload of reasons.