Is iLikeHD a Scam?

Jeffrey346

When True replaced HBO I started to look for an alternative. I read many posts here @ TV and noted that many members are using iLikeHD.

I checked their website and they do have sufficient content at a much more reasonable price when compared to True.

I selected 3 packages only to find that there is no payment method on the iLikeHD site. I sent them an email only to find out that they no longer have a Thai bank to transfer payment to. Nor do they accept credit/debit cards. They said the only method of payment is Truemoney coupons which can be purchased at 7-11.

Not only do I find this inconvenient,  I wonder if they are a legit company. One would think a ligit company would have a bank account and accept credit cards.

I became a reseller for Himedia and waiting for my Q10 Pro to arrive and want to see how iLikeHD compares to Sling TV on an Android box.

If you are currently using iLikeHD any info you can provide would be appreciated. 

Not a scam (that I know of). But there service wasn't good enough for me, so I only had them one month. Continually returning me to the main menu and killing the stream. Looking at a couple of other alternatives for IPTV. Flawless and Pulse. Haven't moved forward yet. 

Although I am a bit surprised they stopped taking those payment methods you mentioned. I probably would be suspicious of that as well. Oddly, they are still listed as payment options on their beta site: beta.ilikehd.com

Edited by wxpwzrd
additional info.

19 minutes ago, wxpwzrd said:

Not a scam (that I know of). But there service wasn't good enough for me, so I only had them one month. Continually returning me to the main menu and killing the stream. Looking at a couple of other alternatives for IPTV. Flawless and Pulse. Haven't moved forward yet. 

Although I am a bit surprised they stopped taking those payment methods you mentioned. I probably would be suspicious of that as well. Oddly, they are still listed as payment options on their beta site: beta.ilikehd.com

When you go to the payment screen you get the page I attached below.

iLikeGroup Account.png

I have the same questions about iLikeHD.   They have a lot of different packages starting as low as Bt200/month but that package is pretty barebones channel selection-wise.   I didn't see any reviews on their website when clicking their Review button.   The have computer only accounts, Android box accounts, etc....and a lot of different prices.  

The few comments on ThaiVisa about iLike "just today" were both not that glowing due to streaming problems....and supposedly their servers are in Thailand.  

Would be great to here more feedback from folks who have subscribed to iLikeHDTV, which package they had, etc.  While their pricing may be good/fair, just how reliable are they, how good is the streaming, customer support, etc.   And what methods can you currently pay by because like in Jeffrey346 post above it appears bank and credit card payments are no longer allowed....do they allow PalPal for example?  Thanks.

Package Prices at iLikeHDTV Sorted by Price

http://ilikehdtv.tv/shop/index.php?cPath=28_30_37&sort=3a

Edit: And myabe iLikeHD is a different website/company from iLikeHDTV.     I'm confused.

Edited by Pib

they obviousy steal their channels from the source and sell them to the public….theyre understandably cautious.

i tried their service in a pattaya  hotel room and found it sketchy….lots of buffering etc.

it might work better on a stable wired internet connection.

Far less pricier options available. 

I have Ilikehd ,,,it is ok ..sometimes, there is buffering in UK channels but local English premium channels (Fox, Fox movies,TLC) work all time without buffering...if you looking for Thai channels and the local premium English channels then ilikehd is very good choice..if you looking only for UK channels then there are better choices around. another plus for ilikehd that you can watch in website and their android app is from the best i seen for any IPTV service..

Edited by carthaivisa

Well this was the latest capture from their beta site. Still offering alternate payments on beta.ilikehd.com, hence my earlier statement about payment options. But that aside, I don't plan to renew with them due to their substandard service (for me) here. 

2017-02-02_12-35-52.jpg

I used them they were working fine. You could pay them online but not anymore. Only bank deposits now and it takes ages to get it sorted. Since then I switched to IPTV Feed. Theres 1 price for whole package like 4200 live channels and vod. All europe usa etc. Keep in mind that for iptv u need good internet, i got 100mbit optic from true and it works fine. Its not so good on 10mib adsl. U can watch some channels smooth. Google it or msg me for web site. Btw. Theres free 24h trial so u can see how its like 4 u

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Xaos said:

I used them they were working fine. You could pay them online but not anymore. Only bank deposits now and it takes ages to get it sorted. Since then I switched to IPTV Feed. Theres 1 price for whole package like 4200 live channels and vod. All europe usa etc. Keep in mind that for iptv u need good internet, i got 100mbit optic from true and it works fine. Its not so good on 10mib adsl. U can watch some channels smooth. Google it or msg me for web site. Btw. Theres free 24h trial so u can see how its like 4 u

I would be more suspicious of a service that shows all of their "multi-month" services out of stock on their website. . 

5 minutes ago, Pib said:

OK, I'm assuming ilikehd and ilikehdtv are two completely different companies?    Not sure if some posters were really talking ilikehdtv but just leaving the "tv" portion off.

In this thread we are talking the company at the first link below versus the second link?

https://knd1.ilikehd.com/

http://www.ilikehdtv.tv/

I think the .tv domain is an affiliate to the first.

2 minutes ago, wxpwzrd said:

I don't know.  When you got to the first link there is just one page....no other pages to click on for info...it like it's a logon page only.

Even tying on www.ilikehd.com ends up taking you to the knd1.ilikehd.com page.    

We may be talking apples and oranges...two different IPTV companies with completely different plans, pricing, quality of service, etc.   I'm confused (and I'm still sober).

1 hour ago, Pib said:

OK, I'm assuming ilikehd and ilikehdtv are two completely different companies?    Not sure if some posters were really talking ilikehdtv but just leaving the "tv" portion off.

In this thread we are talking the company at the first link below versus the second link?

They are the same company.. ilikehdtv is their new website

11 hours ago, Pib said:

11 hours ago, wxpwzrd said:

A couple years ago when I first tried ilikehd, I got tangled in the confusion and was told by a support rep at ilikehd that ilikehdTV was a reseller of the ilkehd product.  Maybe one of the sites still accepts bank and/or credit card payments, whereas the other doesn't?

I don't know.  When you got to the first link there is just one page....no other pages to click on for info...it like it's a logon page only.

Even tying on www.ilikehd.com ends up taking you to the knd1.ilikehd.com page.    

We may be talking apples and oranges...two different IPTV companies with completely different plans, pricing, quality of service, etc.   I'm confused (and I'm still sober).

They not companies thats just illegal feed 555

Well this was the latest capture from their beta site. Still offering alternate payments on beta.ilikehd.com, hence my earlier statement about payment options. But that aside, I don't plan to renew with them due to their substandard service (for me) here. 

2017-02-02_12-35-52.jpg.221b1a2a77c453987443d2280d917ef4.jpg

Rebroadcasting is illegal thats why payments gateways blocks them. Paypal or visa not allow illegal services. Thats why no payments options.

4 hours ago, Xaos said:

They not companies thats just illegal feed 555

4 hours ago, Xaos said:

Rebroadcasting is illegal thats why payments gateways blocks them. Paypal or visa not allow illegal services. Thats why no payments options.

Thank you for stating this as a fact.  

...you are stating this as a fact, right?  You can direct us to proof they don't have the right to rebroadcast the content?   'Cause I wouldn't want you to be accused of libel.

Rebroadcasting without permission (or remuneration) is probably true of most of the expat iptv feeds providers.

On 2/2/2017 at 0:44 PM, Xaos said:

Look at post #9 above, credit card still available. I just logged in to ilikehd5, their beta site, to confirm the credit card option is still there, and it is. The beta website is still being developed, it looks very promising, but they need to spend more time and money on it. Buffering has been a major problem recently. Last weekend I could not watch any football, but other streams were stable. 

On 3.02.2017 at 3:24 PM, RichCor said:

Thank you for stating this as a fact.  

...you are stating this as a fact, right?  You can direct us to proof they don't have the right to rebroadcast the content?   'Cause I wouldn't want you to be accused of libel.

Rebroadcasting without permission (or remuneration) is probably true of most of the expat iptv feeds providers.

of course they dont, every iptv dont have it apart companies like sony or netflix

for the numbers of channels they got it would cost fortune

I can ask u same question, can u point me to thier rebroadcasting licence? good luck finding it

Edited by Xaos

On 2/2/2017 at 10:03 AM, JHolmesJr said:

they obviousy steal their channels from the source and sell them to the public….theyre understandably cautious.

i tried their service in a pattaya  hotel room and found it sketchy….lots of buffering etc.

it might work better on a stable wired internet connection.

Far less pricier options available. 

every IPTV  provider steals there streams, there isn't a single IPTV provider that for example can stream Sky channels legally in Thailand, because Sky isn't licensed to broadcast in Thailand

On 2/2/2017 at 10:04 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

Such as?

Send me a PM and for 120 Euro a year you get 1500 Channels from which +100 from UK and similar amount from almost every other Europen country.

1 minute ago, Allstars said:

every IPTV  provider steals there streams, there isn't a single IPTV provider that for example can stream Sky channels legally in Thailand, because Sky isn't licensed to broadcast in Thailand

Send me a PM and for 120 Euro a year you get 1500 Channels from which +100 from UK and similar amount from almost every other Europen country.

i know cheaper one and more channs

2 minutes ago, Allstars said:

its not easy to steal as channels are crypted, it works like this

You set up linux server with iptv server + panel then buy channels from people who got sat at homes and they set up thier own little servers, so main server pays 2$ per channel and restreams them.

Just now, Xaos said:

its not easy to steal as channels are crypted, it works like this

You set up linux server with iptv server + panel then buy channels from people who got sat at homes and they set up thier own little servers, so main server pays 2$ per channel and restreams them.

You should refrain from posting your " knowledge" if you really think that is how it works :cheesy:

7 minutes ago, Xaos said:

of course they dont, every iptv dont have it apart companies like sony or netflix

Hmm, so 3BB Cloud IPTV, AIS Playbox, DTAC Play, TrueVisions Anywhere, TOT IPTV ...the whole lot use stolen content?

Not ALL iptv providers broadcast purloined content.   But nice claim you got going on there. Good luck with your credibility issue.