True internet/cable TV package

Guderian

Just a quick question: True are offering two fibre/cable internet packages at the moment. They both include 97 free cable TV channels including 5 HD and bein4 sport.

IMG_20170202_0002.jpg

Can anybody point me to a list of what the 97 channels actually are? I tried Google but all I get is the list of True Visions channels and nothing seems to point to which are the 97 channels actually being offered with the internet packages.

Thanks for any help.

Also look for the threads (News forum?) about channels True has dropped and is going to drop.  ISTR the ones already dropped were HBO channels which probably aren't in the Enjoy package, but the one's they've announced like National Geographic, some BBC channel, etc. might be in the Enjoy package.

Just came across this in another thread:

TRUEVISIONS YESTERDAY insisted that its customers had been informed in advance about its plan to stop broadcasting Discovery Science, National Geographic and nine other channels, and it thus had complied with broadcasting regulations.

The other nine channels on the chopping block are: BBC Entertainment, Cbeebies, Discovery Kids, M, DMAX, EVE, Block A, Fashion1 and MUTV. The details on when the cancellations will become effective have not been disclosed yet.

8 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Also look for the threads (News forum?) about channels True has dropped and is going to drop.  ISTR the ones already dropped were HBO channels which probably aren't in the Enjoy package, but the one's they've announced like National Geographic, some BBC channel, etc. might be in the Enjoy package.

7 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Just came across this in another thread:

Thanks. I was mainly interested in what news channels were included. I only recognise AJ, though one or two of the others may be OK, I don't know. The GF is the one who mostly watches the cable, so as long as there's 30+ channels of lakorn she'll be happy. When I have it on I just tend to try and follow the news, but some of the 'news' channels nowadays are hardly worthy of the name.

35 minutes ago, peeba7 said:

Which is better true or sophon and why?

From my limited interest viewpoint Sophon, which I currently have, probably has better news channels, specifically AJ English, Fox News (though I don't watch it), Channel News Asia from Singapore (which I do quite enjoy), and now most recently Sky News. People who watch more cable TV than I do may feel that True has better offerings. 

The main downside is that Sophon costs 300 Baht/month, whereas the True 'Enjoy' package comes free with an internet subscription. 

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

From my limited interest viewpoint Sophon, which I currently have, probably has better news channels, specifically AJ English, Fox News (though I don't watch it), Channel News Asia from Singapore (which I do quite enjoy), and now most recently Sky News. People who watch more cable TV than I do may feel that True has better offerings. 

The main downside is that Sophon costs 300 Baht/month, whereas the True 'Enjoy' package comes free with an internet subscription. 

True also has Al Jazeera English and Channel News Asia.

I had the 30/3 True CATV/Internet package until I moved into a condo in December, and used to enjoy the varied perspectives from CCTV (China), Russa Today, and Al Jazeera, all in English.

• 4 weeks later...
On Thursday, February 02, 2017 at 9:42 PM, wpcoe said:

True also has Al Jazeera English and Channel News Asia.

I had the 30/3 True CATV/Internet package until I moved into a condo in December, and used to enjoy the varied perspectives from CCTV (China), Russa Today, and Al Jazeera, all in English.

Sophon has Al Jazeera English and Channel News Asia.

Archived