Can I Get Nano Sim Cards In Thailand?

Mobi

Got tired of our old Samsungs blank screening, overheating and crashing, so I forked out for two Samsung J7 Primes for my wife and I, as Lazada had some pretty good offers.

After transferring all the data I now find that they need nano sims which I'd never heard of before. The old phones have micro sims.

Why do these bloody phone manufacturers make life so hard????

Can anyone confirm that DTAC and AIS will exchange my micro sims for nano sims, or am I b..ggered?

Thanks

Mobi

Sorry Guys, Just got around to reading your replies. for which I thank you.

I can confirm that we now have "his" and "hers" nano sims (dtac and AIS) in our shiny new J7 Prime phones and all systems are go.

I had never heard of a nano sim prior to this. I wonder what's next - an invisible sim?

1 hour ago, Mobi said:

I can confirm that we now have "his" and "hers" nano sims (dtac and AIS) in our shiny new J7 Prime phones and all systems are go.

I had never heard of a nano sim prior to this. I wonder what's next - an invisible sim?

An implant in your ear canal.

Next step, your number will be programmed in your phone, no sim needed.

Hang on, I had that before, years ago..

NMT phones, could even be programmed on two phones.

That brings me to the problem of obtaining duosims, that is two identical sim-cards.

Same sim number, same phone number.

Seems to be unheard of, in Thailand.

Would like that.

10 minutes ago, hansnl said:

That brings me to the problem of obtaining duosims, that is two identical sim-cards.

Would like that.

It's called multi sim. Ais and dtac have them. Basically used for Internet on multiple devices, but you can also switch primary sims on the go. http://www.ais.co.th/postpaid/multisimpackage/en/

20 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Would like that.

AIS have a multi sim package that lets you have upto 5 sims on one account.

As I only have one phone number I assume the sim I put in my Ipad is the same as the sim in my phone, just that the ipad doesn't have phone function.   

I expect had I put the sim in a phone it would be the same number as the other sim.

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

Just grind your micro sims down to nano size and put them in the new phones.  I also have j7's.  Installed trimmed down sims popped them in and was good to go. Youtube it if you need more advise on how to do it.

Great idea. However, we had them exchanged free of charge, and they even fitted them for us...service was great.

1 hour ago, Mobi said:

Great idea. However, we had them exchanged free of charge, and they even fitted them for us...service was great.

Hey Mobi ( no friend of Capt Ahab by chance?) bit of free advice my friend, whatever you do never claim to have had excellent service when posting about something that happened in LoS or  you stand a very good chance if being accused of living in a fantasy world full of fairies and unicorns! 

Take it from one one who was..........

On 2/4/2017 at 0:11 PM, Mobi said:

As electronics get more miniaturized sims get smaller to take up less room in your phone. Space is valuable.

On 2/4/2017 at 0:11 PM, Mobi said:

Implants !  You  wont  even get to choose  which  frontal  lobe !  Your  new  phones  will be  obsolete ! 555

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

You can cut your existing ones. Or, depending where you actually got the phones (Lazada might be difficult), get the retailer to cut them for you.

Seriously?

Cutting SIMs is old hat. Everyone does the perforated ones now.

Apple started this nano SIM insanity and other manufactures for some silly reason also jumped on the bandwagon. THis makes absolutely no sense. They have all made the phones bigger and the SIM cards smaller. WHY?

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

Apple started this nano SIM insanity and other manufactures for some silly reason also jumped on the bandwagon. THis makes absolutely no sense. They have all made the phones bigger and the SIM cards smaller. WHY?

More space for other electronics?

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

Phones are getting bigger to accommodate larger screens as people use their phones for progressively more and more.  In some places use of the internet via mobile phone is significantly higher than by actual computer as more people have phones vs. laptops/desktops

Batteries are also getting bigger.

This means that manufacturers are always looking for ways they can make more space for the battery and one way was to reduce the space required by the sim card tray and associate connections etc

23 hours ago, BrainLife said:

Just go to a phone shop and ask them to resize your existing SimCard. They have a special tool for that

You can also do yourself - but not recommended to do either - nano is also thinner than the standard/micro SIM

Archived