Americans divided on media treatment of Trump: Gallup

webfact

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

Now try watching and then talking about Don Lemon: Anderson Cooper; Wolf; John Berman, Becky Anderson, Chris Cuomo; Jake Tapper; John Vause;  Isha Sesay and Kate Balduan.

You did see the part where I said As I said, "commentaries are a different issue. ".  Or does that not suit your agenda?

I don't watch, and never have, any of the above programs.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Can't help you with your reading disability. I said what I meant. If you feel the need to construe it otherwise, that might be a matter for you to take up with your therapist. There's nothing I can do about it.

If you want to insult me, feel free to do so, at least I retain a civil tongue in my head and will treat your response with the contempt it deserves.:wai:  

2 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You did see the part where I said As I said, "commentaries are a different issue. ".  Or does that not suit your agenda?

I don't watch, and never have, any of the above programs.

Yes, I saw it and did you see the bit where I said that CNN claim they are news but really, they are commentaries.  Not my agenda, especially when again you at being selective and taking one piece of my response to highlight that I am referring to just one aspect and turning it around to suit yourself.

I would dearly like to know how you can make such a statement about from what you see from CNN is news being unbiased, yet, in the next breath, you are telling me that you don't and never have watched any of those programmes.  Wow, you go on about CNN, yet you have never watched any of those people, who just happen to be news anchors and/or reporters.

You are quite clever, you have made a statement without having any facts or knowledge of what CNN presents, day and night, allegedly as news.  Yep, there is some news but they're all the same, putting in their two bob's worth of commentary or call in their so called experts to do the same.  Give you contradictory statements it appears that you are talking through you hat when you say they are not biased.:wai:

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, lefty loves waging all those regressive taxes.

Do the rich care what the pay for gasoline, booze or smokes?

Wasn't your hero pushing for a federal VAT?

You crack me up.

Live, love, laugh

Major Study Finds The US Is An Oligarchy

The U.S. government does not represent the interests of the majority of the country's citizens, but is instead ruled by those of the rich and powerful, a new study from Princeton and Northwestern universities has concluded.

The report, "Testing Theories of American Politics: Elites, Interest Groups, and Average Citizens" (PDF), used extensive policy data collected between 1981 and 2002 to empirically determine the state of the U.S. political system.

After sifting through nearly 1,800 U.S. policies enacted in that period and comparing them to the expressed preferences of average Americans (50th percentile of income), affluent Americans (90th percentile), and large special interests groups, researchers concluded that the U.S. is dominated by its economic elite.

http://www.businessinsider.com/major-study-finds-that-the-us-is-an-oligarchy-2014-4

The article goes on to show that basically  its lobbyists and special interest groups that get legislation that aligns with their interest and not what the majority of Americas want. 

9 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, lefty loves waging all those regressive taxes.

Do the rich care what the pay for gasoline, booze or smokes?

Wasn't your hero pushing for a federal VAT?

You crack me up.

Live, love, laugh

Just now, Jingthing said:

Kindly desist from the personalized baiting. Discuss the topic. Members aren't the topic.

It is remarkable how these people repeatedly engage in all kinds of taunting and yet feel resentful and self-righteous it when they're smacked down.

9 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

Ah Craig, selective viewing and reporting on your behalf, hey.  Yes, I've seen all those and yes he did say that, cannot deny that, and all the other new bits that you have mentioned, of course they are news, reported the CNN way.  Now try watching and then talking about Don Lemon: Anderson Cooper; Wolf; John Berman, Becky Anderson, Chris Cuomo; Jake Tapper; John Vause;  Isha Sesay and Kate Balduan.  I can give you plenty more of the biased leftist reporting of CNN should you want them.  But I don't think so, as it would not suit your agenda.

They all bring on panels, loaded to the hilt with those opposing the POTUS,  sometimes zero Trump supporters or 1 or 2 Trump supporters, at the most but of course they're not biased just because they balance their panels with 4 or 6 from the HRC camp. 0=4 0r 0=4 or 6: 2=4 or 6, and you have the hide to say they're not biased  Give me a break.  They all claim they are news but really, they are commentaries and they try their hardest by putting leading statements to those who they know support Trump and then cut them short or even cut them off  when they do not follow their lead or give answers that suits their agendas

As I said, CNN does more, a lot more, than just report the news and what it is up to is promoting it's left wing views as well as those of other media outlets and the biased commentaries of their reporters and anchors.  So please, if you want to comment on something, then put the whole story, take of you glasses and be fair dinkum for once.:wai:

You claim you have provided information on 'biased leftist' reporting. You have not. You wrote a list. A list of names, followed by an excruciating didactic commentary completely devoid of objectivity. You don't like CNN, call your cable provider.

Andrew Sullivan is a Gay Catholic Conservative Republican journalist. This is what he wrote about 45 in the New York Magazine on Friday:

"Trump’s lies are different. They are direct refutations of reality — and their propagation and repetition is about enforcing his power rather than wriggling out of a political conundrum. They are attacks on the very possibility of a reasoned discourse, the kind of bald-faced lies that authoritarians issue as a way to test loyalty and force their subjects into submission."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/andrew-sullivan-the-madness-of-king-donald.html

Your superficial and inane observations on what you call Main Stream Media contributes to the Lie that there is no objective truth. This undermines the proper functioning of a liberal democracy and contributes to the rise of autocracy. Aquiescence is one thing, actively shilling the Lie is another.

Back to your list of names that you clumsily claim is evidence of journalistic bias. I do notice that a significant proportion of those names are of women, black men and gay men. I think it is quite a simple matter to identify what your problem is.