Microsoft Office 365 in English

millwall_fan

I have been using LibreOffice since I bought my new computer last October, but now I want to download Office 365. The problem is when I reach their website it is only in Thai and if I switch to UK-English or US-English, it won't let me enter my credit card details without a UK or US address. Does anyone know of it is possible to by Microsoft Office in Thailand and in English?

Many thanks

Go buy an Office 365 license from JIB or another seller. That is how I have purchased and renewed the last 3 years. Less expensive than Microsoft directly. My last Office 365 Home Subscription (five devices) was under 2000 baht.

OP, 

Do yourself and favor and just buy a MS Office 2016 Professional Plus 32/64 bit license off Ebay.   Going for around 11 pounds.  Completely legal...he is selling licenses which have been removed from other computer in Europe which is completely legal.

I bought 3 licenses early this month...all 3 installed and activated fine.  You will see he has sold  thousands (almost 17,000 now) of these licenses and has a rating close to 100%.  Now I don't need to worry about spending a around $100/year to renew and Office 365 subscription (which is currently MS Office 2016).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-OFFICE-PROFESSIONAL-PLUS-2016-32-64BIT-LICENSE-KEY-SCRAP-PC-/172444187674?hash=item2826797c1a:g:2~QAAOSwo4pYa8MG

If you do order from this seller you will get the subscription license via email within an hour or so (or I did).   It will include two links to download the MS Office 2016....one of the links is the MS Office weblink....the second link is non-Microsoft link.   I would recommend you download from the second link because it will be the MS Office 2016 "ISO" which allows you to install either the 32

64 bit version in English.  Plus you have the ISO for future reinstalls if desired.   I used this link.

If you download from the MS Office weblink you'll get the 32 bit version but you can pick from more languages.   

The install of my 3 licenses on 3 different computers, two running Win 10 and one running Win 7, went flawlessly.  Your results may vary.

I have been using LibreOffice since I bought my new computer last October, but now I want to download Office 365. The problem is when I reach their website it is only in Thai and if I switch to UK-English or US-English, it won't let me enter my credit card details without a UK or US address. Does anyone know of it is possible to by Microsoft Office in Thailand and in English?
Many thanks

Yes. I have it on about 8 PCs. You can pay in Baht and install in English, but you must choose the English language download.

36 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Oh, avoid 64bit Office. Its a bit Beta and not as stable as 32 bit.

Yep, it is recommended to install the 32 bit even on a 64 bit OS.

I have it installed on 40+ machines (all 64 bit) and no problems.

1 hour ago, Seligne2 said:

I spent quite a bit with InvadeIT but in this case they are 400 baht more than what I paid at JIB. 

45 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Oh, avoid 64bit Office. Its a bit Beta and not as stable as 32 bit.

I run fast ring insider previews of Office 365, 64 bit and never have a problem. But then I am running fast ring Windows 10 as well (neither of which are recommended on important systems)

I do think Microsoft's safe bet recommendation is to run 32 bit. But I "think" that was more for plugin compatibility with old Office plugins.  

16 hours ago, Pib said:

OP, 

Do yourself and favor and just buy a MS Office 2016 Professional Plus 32/64 bit license off Ebay.   Going for around 11 pounds.  Completely legal...he is selling licenses which have been removed from other computer in Europe which is completely legal.

Hey Pib... that's an interesting deal. But I'm trying to recall, when you make an OEM license purchase like that, are the regular upgrades to the software package still available thru the normal Windows Upgrade (including MS Office) app on Windows PCs?

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hey Pib... that's an interesting deal. But I'm trying to recall, when you make an OEM license purchase like that, are the regular upgrades to the software package still available thru the normal Windows Upgrade (including MS Office) app on Windows PCs?

Yes...you get regular upgrades.   In fact it upgraded just yesterday.   You get the exact same upgrades as on Office 365.  

I have an  Office 365 subscription....a 2 year subscription (1 year free) that don't run out until this coming 1 Apr 17, but I really didn't want to speed another $100 to renew for year if I could get some cheap licenses for Office 2016. .  After installing the MS Office 2016 Professional Plus on my first machine and it finish installing the upgrades when I looked at the version build and matched exactly the Office 365 build still running on my other two machines.  

At this millisecond in time below is the build number showing my my MS Office 2016 Professional Plus...maybe someone still running Office 365 can check and if it matches their build number.   I bet it does.

Now when MS Office 2017 comes out MS Office 365 will transaction to that.  But my Office 2016 licenses will remain Office 2016 but continue to get upgrades until years from now...till the point they stop supporting Office 2016 which is currently 14 Oct 2025.

http://www.allyncs.com/docs/lifecyclesupport.html

But long before then I expect I will have upgrade to Office 20XX by buying a cheap license off Ebay....maybe Office 2020.....2020 sounds like a good time to do another upgrade.

I've been running the 64 bit version for a month now with zero problems on two machines....two Win 10 machines.   And also running the 32 bit version on a 10 year old Win 32 bit machine with no problems.  I see zero difference between the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Office.    

Capture.JPG

And in my earlier email where I mentioned the 2nd downlink is a non-MS website, after you down the ISO file and click the install file a menu will open up allowing you to select a X86 (a.k.a., 32 bit) or x64 bit version.   It will also have Project and Visio as two additional programs you can install as part of the Office 2016 Professional Plus suit, but Project and Visio are "not" activated by the license you get....only the other Office 2016 programs are activated such as Access, Excel, Note, Outlook , Powerpoint, Publisher, Word, etc....that is, all the same programs that come with Office 365.

So recommend you not install Project and Visio as part of the initial install...just uncheck those blocks.  Or, if you do install Project and Visio like I did the first time that not a problem as they can be uninstalled separately in the Windows Uninstall menu without uninstalling any of the main Office suite of programs.  

Thank you all for your answers. In the end I was amazed to find that their online help lady typed excellent English and talked me through the whole process step by step. The trick as Jase the Base says is to find the not too obvious English language button. anyway all installed. Thanks all!!

On 2/6/2017 at 8:12 PM, Pib said:

OP, 

I bought 3 licenses early this month...all 3 installed and activated fine.  You will see he has sold  thousands (almost 17,000 now) of these licenses and has a rating close to 100%.  Now I don't need to worry about spending a around $100/year to renew and Office 365 subscription (which is currently MS Office 2016).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-OFFICE-PROFESSIONAL-PLUS-2016-32-64BIT-LICENSE-KEY-SCRAP-PC-/172444187674?hash=item2826797c1a:g:2~QAAOSwo4pYa8MG

If you do order from this seller you will get the subscription license via email within an hour or so (or I did).   It will include two links to download the MS Office 2016....one of the links is the MS Office weblink....the second link is non-Microsoft link.   I would recommend you download from the second link because it will be the MS Office 2016 "ISO" which allows you to install either the 32

64 bit version in English.  Plus you have the ISO for future reinstalls if desired.   I used this link.

If you download from the MS Office weblink you'll get the 32 bit version but you can pick from more languages.   

The install of my 3 licenses on 3 different computers, two running Win 10 and one running Win 7, went flawlessly.  Your results may vary.

Pib, I owe you a Chang or two or three for having saved me $100+ for the above method of buying a MS Office Pro 2016 subscription for $11+ U.S.  Did the purchase on EBay, got the license code by email within a couple of hours, downloaded and installed MS Office Pro 2016 and used the license code. Everything is peachy.

FWIW, when I did my purchase, I got somewhat different setup instructions from the same seller, and the suggestion to download MS Office from the following site: https:// setup.office.com

Followed that, and for whatever reason it downloaded and installed a 32 bit version of MS Office on my 64 bit Windows 10 home laptop. The automated download and install process via that MS website just asked my MS ID, country and desired language, but never offered any choice of installing 64 vs. 32 bit versions. I was going to opt for 32 bit anyway, but I was surprised that the install process never gave me the option, especially since the license covers both.

TG,

Glad it worked out...as mentioned in my earlier post the seller gave me two links....the same link as above and a second link to a non-MS website.   And just as you I downloaded from the MS website and only got the 32 bit version....never was offered the 64 bit version at the MS website.  I really wanted the 64 bit version on my 64 bit machine so I downloaded from the other site whose setup program does allow a 32 or 64 bit installation.  I'll send you the link via PM.

You can just uninstall your 32 bit version via Windows Uninstall which frees of the license number again and then reinstall from the other website which gives the 32 or 64 bit version.....it's what I did.

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

TG,

Glad it worked out...as mentioned in my earlier post the seller gave me two links....the same link as above and a second link to a non-MS website.   And just as you I downloaded from the MS website and only got the 32 bit version....never was offered the 64 bit version at the MS website.  I really wanted the 64 bit version on my 64 bit machine so I downloaded from the other site whose setup program does allow a 32 or 64 bit installation.  I'll send you the link via PM.

You can just uninstall your 32 bit version via Windows Uninstall which frees of the license number again and then reinstall from the other website which gives the 32 or 64 bit version.....it's what I did.

Thanks Pib.. Yes, I understand all that. Right now, I'm fine to simply run with the MS Office Pro 32 bit version on my 64 bit Win 10 laptop. I don't use the MS Office program that much, so frankly, not sure how much difference running one vs the other makes in the real world.

Just to clarify, when I used the MS setup link that I posted above, that didn't just start downloading the entire Office suite. Rather, it downloaded a 3.5 MB or so size file that included my MS Office license number in the filename, and (I should have noticed, but didn't at that point) a reference to x86 that would have signaled to me it was giving me the 32 bit version.  Double clicking that quickly downloaded setup file than triggered the much LONGER actual setup and install process.

Yeap...understand....been there, done that, got the teeshirt.  The other weblink I used and PMed you gives the entire ISO for 32 bit or 64 bit which you use to accomplish the install....and can also transfer/burn to a DVD/USB stick for future installs/reinstalls.....just like you would buy a retail copy in the store and a disc was included...no need to go back to the MS Office website and do another download of many megabytes to reinstall again.

It's curious...

When I look at this latest MS Office suite under Programs and Features, it shows as a single program that in my install is taking up 1.23 GB of disk space. No listing at all for Word, Excel, etc.

But I wanna say for the 2010 version I've had on other PCs, the Office Suite shows up under Programs and Features with separate/distinct program icons for each of the different main programs within Office.

Archived