Private Messages on Thaivisa

Dario

Whenever I wanted to check on my past private messages I went to my account and saw them on the left side. Now I can't find them anymore they have disappeared. I received one yesterday and answered it. This morning I wanted to add something, but no way of finding the messages back on my account.

I also can't find the function 'Settings'. Where can I find that one? Not to be located on my account.

Can someone from support reinstate this function, please? So much has changed on the TV platform since I joined in November 2003. There were just about 5'000 members at the time I joined. Is it because George is not with TV anymore?

Edited by Dario

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hi Dario.

PMs are now top right of the page, the envelope symbol :)

What setting do you want to adjust?

The envelope doesn't show on my account, see screenshot. I know, my eyesight isn't anymore what it used to be when I was young.

thaivisa pm messages copy.png

4 minutes ago, Dario said:

The envelope doesn't show on my account, see screenshot. I know, my eyesight isn't anymore what it used to be when I was young.

thaivisa pm messages copy.png

Dario, should have listened to mum regarding eyesight problems later on in life.

The envelope is located in the screenshot, top right hand corner next to the notification button that is highlighted in red with 22 notifications.

It is above the facebook symbol and twitter symbol and has your Name and Avatar to the right.

1 hour ago, grollies said:

It does. Top right of screen next to the little bell with "22" in red.

Thanks a million, grollies, Paul Catton and Crossy! You should all get a medal for this help. Not using one's abilities to the fullest anymore, I must admit. Yeah, my late mother reminded me countless times about my eyes. On the other side: what a strange place to export this feature to ...

Edited by Dario

47 minutes ago, Dario said:

Thanks a million, grollies, Paul Catton and Crossy! You should all get a medal for this help. Not using one's abilities to the fullest anymore, I must admit. Yeah, my late mother reminded me countless times about my eyes. On the other side: what a strange place to export this feature to ...

No worries matey.

@Dario embarrassing posts can be removed, for a fee :)

Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something hidden in plain sight :)

It's called the "reverse illusion" and anyone who's spent ages looking for an errant screwdriver which you put down "right there" will know what I mean. A illusion is when you see something you know isn't there, the reverse illusion is when you know damn well something is there but just can't see it.

I believe the thread is taken with the humour extended and welcomed, vitriol and personal attack is certainly to be deemed unpalatable.

To date this post does not require an intervention by moderation with an envelope being forwarded (hush hush).

Well done Mod Crossy with your post inclusive of pinpoint graphics for the OP.

Wouldn't it be great if the rest of the Forum was as proactive.

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's called the "reverse illusion" and anyone who's spent ages looking for an errant screwdriver which you put down "right there" will know what I mean. A illusion is when you see something you know isn't there, the reverse illusion is when you know damn well something is there but just can't see it.

This happens to me often. To make it worse, I usually spot the "lost" item just after I've accused Mrs Chickenslegs of moving it.

E.g....

Me: "What the heck have you done with my glasses this time?"

Mrs C: "You mean the ones on top of your head?"

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

This happens to me often. To make it worse, I usually spot the "lost" item just after I've accused Mrs Chickenslegs of moving it.

E.g....

Me: "What the heck have you done with my glasses this time?"

Mrs C: "You mean the ones on top of your head?"

Every day, every flippin' day........:annoyed:

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

@Dario embarrassing posts can be removed, for a fee :)

Wouldn't be the first time I've missed something hidden in plain sight :)

I am like that after about 4 pints....:stoner:

"The envelope doesn't show on my account, see screenshot. I know, my eyesight isn't anymore what it used to be when I was young."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes, having to sort out a little envelope among the 37 flashing, sliding, garish advertisements is even a chore for us sighted folks.  :crying:

Edited by Fookhaht

32 minutes ago, sipi said:

I have a thing with pop rivet guns. Can never find one and buy a new one.

I must have about 14 now, somewhere.

Ha. You remind me of my dad.  Garage was always a mess and he was always re-buying things he couldn't find.  Finally, when he got laid up with a bad back for a month, I tore into the mess, installed peg-boards on all the walls, and hung up nearly everything.  It looked like a hardware store with 5-6 identical copies for nearly every tool.  

7 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

My vision is being attend to by several optometrists and I find the occasional need for larger text on the screen. Hold the Ctrl down and scroll the mouse wheel, forward enlarges, backward reduces.

I need my glasses to find the Ctrl button - Now where the heck did I leave them?