Trump - militant attacks 'all over Europe,' some not reported

webfact

10 hours ago, The manic said:

Only one paper reported the Muslim child rapist shouting Allah Akbar in court.  The BBC did not report the scenes of mass support the rapists had from their community in and out of the court room.  The Guardian did not report these disgraceful proceedings.  If you REALLY want to know about Islamic terror through out the world then Islamic watch covers the 99% stories ignored by the MSM.  Trump is correct. 

I found 2 with a quick Google search.  MSM does not ignore these things.  Here's the BBC report.  Trump is 100% incorrect and lying again, par for the course.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38845332

Men jailed for Rotherham child sexual abuse

Two of the defendants shouted "Allahu Akbar" as they were led from the dock after sentencing. One of the victims shouted back "justice is served" as police moved into the public gallery.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They downplay attacks all the time, particularly in respect of the motives and cause. Islam and Muslims seems to be often left out of the reporting and excuses often come to the fore, metal case, lone wolf, not real Muslim etc etc. Terror attack in Europe are committed by Muslims and caused by Islam. Cue the what about the IRA in the 1970's deflection . :sleep:

Edited by thai3

Good reply from Politifact:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/06/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrong-media-not-reporting-terrorism-a/

Donald Trump wrong that media is not reporting on terrorism any more

Our ruling

Trump said that terrorism and terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe have "gotten to a point where it's not even being reported."

We found no support for the idea that the media is hushing up terrorist attacks on U.S. or European soil. The media may sometimes be cautious about assigning religious motivation to a terrorist attack when the facts are unclear or still being investigated. But that’s not the same as covering them up through lack of coverage. There is plenty of coverage of in the American media of terrorist attacks. We rate the statement Pants on Fire!

Snapshot_2017-2-8_7-57-28.jpg

1 minute ago, thai3 said:

They downplay attacks all the time, particularly in respect of the motives and cause. Islam and Muslims seems to be often left out of the reporting and excuses often come to the fore, metal case, lone wolf, not real Muslim etc etc. Terror attack in Europe are committed by Muslims and caused by Islam. Cue the what about the IRA in the 1970's deflection . :sleep:

Forgot about Anders Behring Breivik? Or is that a freedom fighter in your eyes?

Watched Jake Tappers' interview with Kellyanne Conway. He had a good point (and related to this topic);

The Orange Freak didn't mention anything (not even a tweet) about the terrorist attack on the mosque in Quebec last week, which killed 6! No compassion or words of sympathy for his friendly neighbor, whereas he immediately tweeted after a muslim guy was waving a machete in the Louvre. And the freak dare to say that the media is biased and doesnt report terrorist attacks enough.

The narcissistic orange creep is clearly delusional, as are his brain dead followers who feverishly defend his lies....

Edited by DriveByTrucker

Trump's team has apparently released a list of 76 examples of supposed under-reporting of terrorist attacks. Some of the examples, such as the Paris November 13th attacks (which received virtually non-stop coverage for a full week on many news networks like CNN), are flat-out ridiculous. Below is the New York Times' case-by-case rebuttal to the charges of under-reporting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/us/politics/the-white-house-list-of-terror-attacks-underreported-by-media.html?_r=0

12 hours ago, dunroaming said:

And 612 right wing extremist attacks (including murders) in Germany in 2015.  Some 2016 crimes are still being investigated but the figure for 2016 is considerably higher.  I am only posting this to illustrate that anyone can come up with statistics to "prove a point".  Germany has a much bigger problem with right wing extremists attacking people than with Muslims but hey! That's not the angle you want.

You CANNOT possibly know what angle I could want - particularly if there is no angle there in the first place!

Just another quite arrogant assumption on your part.

I was not the one to come up with statistics of the BKA.

I suggest you actually take time to read my post again instead of shooting off at the hip. There is no angle there at all.

I merely asked for clarification on the basis that there was - worryingly - either reporting issues or offence classification issues if the figures referred the same year.

The angle form your post - and the use of deliberately selected statistics - is patently clear, however, and I quote from the eminent poster in ID71 "tedious and unproductive"

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I saw no point in quoting the whole of your post, some of which was fact, other parts fantasy, and quoted the parts I was responding to; a common practice and one which I am sure you, yourself, have used in the past.

But tell us; why do you demand Muslims demonstrate against child abuse committed by Muslim taxi drivers, but don't demand that Catholics demonstrate against child abuse committed by Catholic priests?

Simple because it would show that the wider Muslim community were appalled 

by these particular Muslims animals. I would also have liked to have seen demonstrations by members of the Catholic church against those priest who committed similar acts,again unfortunately none have been forthcoming. Yet as I previously mentioned the Local Muslim community did feel such outrage when the local council passed a by-law requiring local taxis to install CCTV in every cab. I would have been equally appalled if the Pope was to order all Catholic priest to install  CCTV in their private residences, and then the Catholic lay people come out to protest.

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

They do, often, and have been doing so since the very start of Islamic terrorism.

I've posted many links before, and can't be bothered to do so again. Simply Google "Muslims condemn terrorism"

Looked up " Muslims condemn terrorism" on YouTube" and yes there are a few films, of individuals/few people. Look from the other angle and there are many, some with large crowds.

What we need is more of the first group protesting against those in the second group. 

Tapper rips Conway here.  Amazing Trump and his team can get away with such lies.  And his followers allow it.  Unreal.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/kellyanne-conway-jake-tapper-interview-cnntv/index.html

Jake Tapper spars with Kellyanne Conway over WH falsehoods

But at least she apologized for lying about the Bowling Green massacre.  I have a hard time listening to any of them any more.

Tapper rips Conway here.  Amazing Trump and his team can get away with such lies.  And his followers allow it.  Unreal.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/politics/kellyanne-conway-jake-tapper-interview-cnntv/index.html
Jake Tapper spars with Kellyanne Conway over WH falsehoods

But at least she apologized for lying about the Bowling Green massacre.  I have a hard time listening to any of them any more.

The look on Tapper's face during the interview says it all. Good for him for keeping quiet and letting her prattle on.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

18 hours ago, alocacoc said:

So much Trump bashing. Give him a chance. He got elected. That's democracy.

He is a funny guy. Every morning when he get up, he tweets a few comments on Twitter. Follow him. It's fun. Even more fun to read the comments from the whining lefties. 555

Next tweets in about 2 hours. Can't wait!

I don't blame you for the cheap entertainment following. He is such a joke of a person. I just ignore. 

10 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

His followers not only allow it, they defend it and actively participate in lying! Have all these people really lost all sense of reality or is their vile behavior purely driven by hate and frustration?

4 hours ago, thai3 said:

"Terror attack in Europe are committed by Muslims and caused by Islam."

Yes, no one is disputing that.  Since 2001 many, not all, terror attacks in Europe were committed by Muslims, and reported as such. There is usually a lag while police and governments verify the crimes are truly motivated by ideology and not mental problems or mundane criminal intent, but once confirmed the crimes are reported as terror attacks.  Contrary to what Trump stated.

So what is your point?

On 2/7/2017 at 8:25 AM, Thian said:

It's true, European newspapers try to downplay or not report attacks all the time.

Seriously, with just about everyone in the world having a twitter or some form of social media account, including Potus (You may have noticed) it would be hard to believe that anything gets by the social media. It's just haystack ramping up the Muslim/terrorist thing again to try to get his way-again!

what a nonsense again from Trump?

he was humiliated by judges cancelling the immigrant ban and now he is trying to brain wash poor and ignorant Murricans by non factual talk.

and if trump wants to finish islamic terrorists, he can send the US army to syria to wipe out ISIS.

can he do that? no.

so is he thinking like they will wipe our terrorists attacks by blocking them at the border?

poor thinking. what a miserable guy living in a sorry state!

20 hours ago, alocacoc said:

So much Trump bashing. Give him a chance. He got elected. That's democracy.

It's not "bashing" when you take the President to task for making crap up and undermining the credibility of the press because it suits his purposes.

And last I checked, dissent is part of the democratic process too. 

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Looked up " Muslims condemn terrorism" on YouTube" and yes there are a few films, of individuals/few people. Look from the other angle and there are many, some with large crowds.

What we need is more of the first group protesting against those in the second group. 

Round up the <deleted> and deport them all, and their families. It's the only way!

17 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Political Correctness is a disease that has infected most of the world's media, however things are changing...slowly but Trump is the start.

He might well be the end as well...

12 hours ago, katana said:

Yup, the Cologne attacks were covered up and not reported by the main stream media until Breitbart broke the story several days later.

What???

They were all over the German News, as soon as anyone could make heads or tail of them!

Problem for you seems to be, that you don't understand, it sometimes takes a little time, to get FACTS straight, before you make"news"!

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

What???

They were all over the German News, as soon as anyone could make heads or tail of them!

Problem for you seems to be, that you don't understand, it sometimes takes a little time, to get FACTS straight, before you make"news"!

The donald knows all the facts before the whole world he claims!

6 hours ago, nontabury said:

I suggested looking it up on Google; and even provided a link to the many results so doing would provide.

But when I put the phrase into You Tube I found a lot more than a few: two examples.

and this

BTW, the video you posted is entitled "Violent Muslim protest in London." Whilst noisy; I saw no violence. Any idea what the protest in that video was about?

26 minutes ago, DM07 said:

What???

"...The Cologne assaults were not reported by the national media for days, and The Local says many news outlets started reporting it only after a wave of anger on social media made covering the story unavoidable.[49] This fuelled claims that the media was attempting to cover up crimes by immigrants.[50] Although Cologne Mayor Henriette Reker condemned the assaults, she was strongly criticized for some of her comments and was accused of blaming the victims. Cologne's police chief, Wolfgang Albers, was transferred to provisional retirement for his handling of the situation. The police response and delayed media reaction met strong criticism from German citizens..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany

See also www.youtube.com/watch?v=soca1Kqbz9w