Age Gaps In Relationships

GracelessFawn

Attraction to post pubescent adolescents is called ephebophilia. The personal accusations in this thread are unwelcome. Please calm down.

I'm sorry Endure, but when a member comes in here and openly accuses me of being a pedo because I have a 19 year old GF, you can understand my feelings.

Ephebophilia is a mild non-pathological form of the same illness, although it has added comical value as it's almost always a term used exclusively for men who enjoy the company of post pubescent boys.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attraction to post pubescent adolescents is called ephebophilia. The personal accusations in this thread are unwelcome. Please calm down.

Here's some definitions of adolescents:

The ages of adolescence vary by culture. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines adolescence as the period of life between 10 and 19 years of age. In contrast, in the United States, adolescence is generally considered to begin somewhere between ages 12 and 14, and end at 19 or 20. As distinct from the varied interpretations of who is considered an "adolescent", the word "teenager" is more easily defined: it describes a person who is thirteen to nineteen years of age.

So if I am a ephebophile today, what will I be next year when she turns 20? If I had mentioned that my GF was 20 in the first place, would VanZam have come on the attack?

What a difference a day can make. If in the case she was turning 20 tomorrow, I'd be classified as mentally ill (a pedophile) today by VanZam, and normal tomorrow.

This is the very reason I would never visit a psychiatrist; they are too confused to be of any benefit.

Ephebophilia is a mild non-pathological form of the same illness, although it has added comical value as it's almost always a term used exclusively for men who enjoy the company of post pubescent boys.

I thought you'd given up, but you are still here.

So what you are saying in your infinite psychiatric wisdom is that EPHEBOPHILIA is a mild non-pathological form of PEDOPHILIA ie. the same illness.

You're really starting to make sense now. Throw away all the dictionaries and grab a psychiatry manual if you wish to know the meaning of commonly used and understood terms.

I know you pseudo scientists (that's whay psychiatrists are because mental illness is totally subjective) wish to believe that your definitions are correct but such is not the case. You need to take your head out of the sand.

No offense but I totally agree with Vanzam

And you're from Sydney where the age of consent is 16.

And whats your point?

18 and 16 year old is ok IMO.

Actually I think the mods should close this topic as I think its gonna get nasty.

This subject often winds up too many people.

I thought you'd given up, but you are still here.

So what you are saying in your infinite psychiatric wisdom is that EPHEBOPHILIA is a mild non-pathological form of PEDOPHILIA ie. the same illness.

No I said it was a "mild non-pathological form of the same illness"

You're really starting to make sense now. Throw away all the dictionaries and grab a psychiatry manual if you wish to know the meaning of commonly used and understood terms.
Yes everybody knows what ephebophilia means, how silly of me.
I know you pseudo scientists (that's whay psychiatrists are because mental illness is totally subjective) wish to believe that your definitions are correct but such is not the case. You need to take your head out of the sand.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Edited by VanZam

No offense but I totally agree with Vanzam

And you're from Sydney where the age of consent is 16.

And whats your point?

18 and 16 year old is ok IMO.

Actually I think the mods should close this topic as I think its gonna get nasty.

This subject often winds up too many people.

You're asking obvious questions. My point is that the law is the final word. It's the only post we have got. I don't need people offering their opinions on whether or not I'm allowed to continue a relationship with a 19 year old girl or not.

If you want to get nasty, go ahead, knock yourself out.

My recommendation to any younger single guys out there is to hold off on marriage until you are at least in your 40's and find a wife in her 20's. You'll thank me for this advice when you reach your 40's.

And jump of a Pattaya High Rise Building at 45 ???????

So why is it that these large age gaps aren't so prevalent in relationships between people of the same culture? It seems clear to me that the initial foundation for the majority of relationships where there are large age gaps is something other than love. Of course love may blossom from such beginnings but I suspect that feelings of 'romantic love' are much more likely from the older partner.

Unfortunately we are unlikely to get the views of many of the younger partners of these relationships.

Well, I'm a younger partner/gf/lover..............

First, I just wanna say that I will never be in a relationship if I don't have any feelings towards my partner/bf/lover. If I don't love HIM, I wouldn't be in a relationship with him. Love is very important to me.

My fellow brothers and sisters.... the world is so simple! Love is all around us and it comes in different packages.

To each their own!

Love in an unbalanced relationship, is much like a dog chasing its own tail.

It can be both fun and excilerating while it lasts, but ultimately it leads nowhere.

Usually to be followed by the same dance again and again.

My recommendation to any younger single guys out there is to hold off on marriage until you are at least in your 40's and find a wife in her 20's. You'll thank me for this advice when you reach your 40's.

Who said anything about a Thai wife? There are many choices in Asia...and who said anything about having to live with a whore in Pattaya?

How many of those jumpers are actually pushed?

Edited by tropo

By definition, thats exactly what it is... an adolescent child(which the WHO defines as anybody up to the age of 19, or as Thailand defines as anybody up to 20) with a man more than 10 years her senior.

I wont advise you to check any dictionary... your morals are another story.

Van Zam, you are loaded up with BS. A "child" is a prepubescent person. A "child" is a person between birth and puberty which occurs on average about the age of about 13 in girls. After puberty a person has become an adolescent. You cannot be an "adolescent child"...it's an oxymoron.

If you are going to start accusing me of being a pedophile, you had better get your facts straight.

Tropo's definition is 100% correct. Van Zam's is not.

Somebody is making up his "facts" from thin air. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

...and who said anything about having to live with a whore in Pattaya?

A little harsh dont you think. :o:D

I'm not sure, I've only lived in Pattaya for 11 months, but from what I can see, a Pattaya bargirl is not the ultimate choice for a wife....and there are quite a few guys doing themselves in.

Edited by tropo

...and who said anything about having to live with a whore in Pattaya?

A little harsh dont you think. :o:D

I'm not sure, I've only lived in Pattaya for 11 months, but from what I can see, a Pattaya bargirl is not the ultimate choice for a wife....and there are quite a few guys doing themselves in.

I am certainly not judging anybody whether it be a large age gap or a BG.

I just think you are being a little hippercritical. People are generalising and saying that if there is a large age gap in a relationship, than its not love. (I personally dont agree as I know a few cases where they are in love) But there are many cases where this is the case but we cant generalise.

Now your generalising in saying that having a relationship with a Pattaya bar girl is not the ultimate choice. (again each to their own) You may find that alot of these people on TV have married a BG or are dating a BG so remember never to bite the hand that feeds you.

Not a dig just the way I see it :D

Yes, it's true that we can only generalize, however what I wrote has not been presented as fact, but as my opinion.

That being said, the general consensus on this forum from countless "beware of BG" threads is to tread very carefully indeed.

Who said anything about a Thai wife? There are many choices in Asia...and who said anything about having to live with a whore in Pattaya?

It could just as well have read Manilla, or any city in the world.