Sydney braces for blackouts as heat keeps ice cream vendors indoors

webfact

6 hours ago, halloween said:

That was the price quoted for Tesla batteries, purportedly large enough to run a family home. Your computer room is a small fraction of that requirement.

BTW I very much doubt your "cost less than a $1000" but even at that price You are unlikely to ever recoup the installation cost.

I didn't install my solar system to save money. Three and a half years ago we had power outages several times a week. I went through two expensive UPS units and decided to try solar. I think the power company destroyed my UPS units with low voltage and surges. As it is now, my computer room is totally stand alone with no connection to the power grid. My small system has been trouble free and if it never pays for itself, that is fine with me.

The electric company is better now and I really can't remember the last time I started the generator. The power fails maybe once a week now not counting the glitches that last only a few seconds. I bought backup components in case my cheap Chinese components fail. They have not been needed yet, but are there if/when I ever need them.

I did pay extra for deep cycle sealed batteries because they are in the house. I have another solar system for the farm that uses deep cycle lead acid batteries. They are about half price for the same amount of power. It is kind of a pain to keep them topped up with water but not really a big problem. The farm is not on the electric grid so I had no choice except a noisy generator that gulps benzine or solar. That system is also about three and a half years old and has had no problems. The solar runs a TV, fans, lights and a satellite dish for the TV. The VERY small house there is only for shelter beside a pond, her fish and her fruit trees. The generator there is often used to run a one HP submersible water pump used for irrigation.  I should add that I designed and installed both systems myself.

Dodgy claims, what people are pleased to call 'arguments' are common on both sides of the climate change debate. However, given the EXTRAORDINARY and OVERWHELMING evidence in favour of the FACT that climate change is real and potentially planet-destroying, what is most perplexing is that there are still a few flat-earthers in full denial. They are certifiable.

Yet you cannot show me statistically significant temperature increases in Sydney based on historical records. I'd say you're brainwashed.

Capitalizing your theories doesn't make them facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As far as climate change, I think this carbon tax is a huge scam. Even Thailand jumped on that bandwagon.  Climate change has been happening for millions of years and there is no possible way for man to change that. Scientists are now able to check CO2 percentages back several million years. At one time long ago, CO2 percentages were higher than they are now. There is no way that man could have contributed to that. Man is responsible for the pollution problem but CO2 is not part of that serious situation.

11 minutes ago, Gary A said:

As far as climate change, I think this carbon tax is a huge scam. Even Thailand jumped on that bandwagon.  Climate change has been happening for millions of years and there is no possible way for man to change that. Scientists are now able to check CO2 percentages back several million years. At one time long ago, CO2 percentages were higher than they are now. There is no way that man could have contributed to that. Man is responsible for the pollution problem but CO2 is not part of that serious situation.

Thank you Gary that's put my mind at rest