I am so excited!

Ahab

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, Ahab said:

We nipped the borrowing money thing in the bud before it could really get started. We have supported my wife's parents with three to four thousand baht a month. I really like almost all my Thai in laws (issue with one sister), my mother in law is the best and my father in law was also great (he passed about two years ago). My Thai in law experience is considerably different from other TV members and that is because my relationship with my wife is apparently very different also.

When we lived in the UK I bought my wife's family a farm 24 rai and paid for rubber trees to be planted. My wife paid for there home to be built, when we moved to Thailand my wife's close family had no need to ask for any thing. I can assure you in 15 years they have never asked for any money. They always give my daughters money and help us out, they are wonderful.

The problems came when distant relative started to ask for money and the people who live in the village, it takes a strong person to tell people I will not help you even when people are in trouble and believe me when you look around people are in the sh!t.

I was only trying to give you a bit of info to help you out, please don't insinuate I have any problem with my wife. If you come with the attitude you are superior to others you you will find many problems, good luck.

My wife has been burned a couple of times from loaning money. Fortunately she has learned from her experiences. When someone wants to put the touch on me, I tell them to talk to my wife.

38 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

When we lived in the UK I bought my wife's family a farm 24 rai and paid for rubber trees to be planted. My wife paid for there home to be built, when we moved to Thailand my wife's close family had no need to ask for any thing. I can assure you in 15 years they have never asked for any money. They always give my daughters money and help us out, they are wonderful.

The problems came when distant relative started to ask for money and the people who live in the village, it takes a strong person to tell people I will not help you even when people are in trouble and believe me when you look around people are in the sh!t.

I was only trying to give you a bit of info to help you out, please don't insinuate I have any problem with my wife. If you come with the attitude you are superior to others you you will find many problems, good luck.

Mick220675, it was not my intention to insinuate anything about you or problems with your wife. I apologize if that is how it was taken. I was merely generalizing about multiple posts on Thai Visa and not you (or your wife) in particular. I appreciate your advise and agree it can/will be difficult. Didn't intend to come off as superior in any way I was just commenting on my Thai in-laws and what I have experienced.