Need to state exact flight dates on SETV?

I'm about to embark on the process of getting a SETV from Liverpool.. I plan to stay in Thailand for 3 months so i will need to extend the visa while i'm there..

I noticed on the VISA application form there are two fields to fill out ;  "Date of arrival in Thailand". "duration of stay"

Does this basically  mean i have to book my flights beforehand and give exact dates? I was kind of hoping of getting the visa sorted first then worrying about booking specific dates. 

If i have to book flights first, will the consulate want to see the ticket dates? I will book a return flight 90 days apart. Will this be ok because i will be assuming i will be allowed to extend the visa 30 days.

Date of arrival isn't really important. Just put an approximate date within 3 months of the application date.

The duration is 60 days as it the maximum allowed for the visa being applied for/used.

I don't know if Liverpool require a booked flight for a SETV. It doesn't appear so from the website. Probably best to call and ask.

I have never been asked for proof of flight bookings at Liverpool.

Approximate dates are sufficient for the form.

I have been asked for a bank statement though to show sufficient funds for my trip.

Make sure when booking your flight you book your return 90 days from the date of your arrival (inclusive) otherwise you'll be on overstay.

Edited by dentonian

I am also going to apply for a SETV from the Liverpool Thai consulate, and I am also confused on if they want to see my flight info. I plan to stay in Thailand for 3 months by getting a 30 day extension while in Pattaya, and then I will go to Vientiane in Laos and apply for another SETV there, then go back to Thailand for another 3 months. So at the moment I have booked a one way plane ticket to Thailand, but I am worried that if the Thai consulate ask to see my flight info and see a one way flight with no return they will refuse me an SETV? can anyone help me? cheers. 

Edited by RyanB91

I got an SETV from Liverpool in December. They didn't ask any questions re: return flights or funds. I put 60 days for the duration, the nominal period of the visa. I only had a one way ticket as I'm staying here full time and in the process of changing visa and obtaining retirement extension. 

My flight was already booked on this occasion so I could give precise details. Previously I have either given approximate date or stated 'to be confirmed'. Have never had a problem.

Edited by hargri
  • Like 1

Thanks for info hargri, I didn't think it would be a problem but I just wanted to make sure. I am also looking to live out in Thailand myself, because I am becoming a digital nomad with my online business, and I absolutely love Thailand. I plan on using SETV's for a while and then when my online business starts bringing in a full time income, I will probably apply for a non immigrant visa. I also have plenty of savings to last me long time in the land of smiles :-) :-) :-) 

I got a SETV from Hull in October, already booked flights for 90 days duration, on application form I put my outbound date, and just entered the 60 day SETV max date for return, Visa issued without any Qs - no probs then done the 30 day extension in LOS at immigration 1900Baht also no prob bar had to pay 500Baht (Patong Phuket) supposed to be free... ahh, LOS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RyanB91 said:

I am also going to apply for a SETV from the Liverpool Thai consulate, and I am also confused on if they want to see my flight info. I plan to stay in Thailand for 3 months by getting a 30 day extension while in Pattaya, and then I will go to Vientiane in Laos and apply for another SETV there, then go back to Thailand for another 3 months. So at the moment I have booked a one way plane ticket to Thailand, but I am worried that if the Thai consulate ask to see my flight info and see a one way flight with no return they will refuse me an SETV? can anyone help me? cheers. 

I arrived last week on a 60 day tourist visa. I had a one way flight and hotel booking when I went to apply. I put details on form but was never asked for proof of booking. Visa issued, no problem (in London).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cheapskatesam said:

I had  a look at some images on google of the SETV and i noticed there is a "Enter before:" field.

What is this date exactly? Is it the date you enter on the form for "Date of arrival" ???

It is the date the visa expires. It's the last date you can enter the country to receive your 60 day permit to stay. It will be 3 months from the day the visa is issued.

The date you you put on the form should be any date within 3 months of the application date.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, oby said:

for many years @ thai consulate offices toronto the secretary wanted to see ticket booking info, dates,

email confirmation taken from cell phone was always acceptable. 

never asked for financial responsibility tho'.  i believe different consulate offices in different countries may have different criteria.

I have used the Toronto consulate for Single and Triple entry tourist visas since 2008. 6-8 visas

and I have never been asked for any airline ticket booking information. I usually fly in on

a one-way ticket. May just a hit and miss requirement.

• Like 1

I dropped my SETV application into the Liverpool Thai consulate today. I asked the women in there to have a quick look through my envelope to make sure everything was ok, just to avoid any extra delays because I fly out in 2 weeks. She checked all my details and said it was totally fine. I only give them my filled out application form with my passport, 2 passport photos and the visa fee. They did not want any proof of airline booking or funds in my bank account. 

Edited by RyanB91