Analyst’s friends arrested

geovalin

Phnom Penh Municipal Court prosecutor Sieng Sok yesterday issued a summons for political analyst Kem Sok to appear in court for questioning on Friday after arresting two of his friends and temporarily banning him from traveling outside the country. A lawyer for Prime Minister Hun Sen filed a defamation complaint against Mr. Sok earlier this week for allegedly claiming, during a Radio Free Asia roundtable event on Saturday, that Mr. Hun Sen and the ruling CPP were behind the murder of political commentator Kem Ley.

The prosecutor ordered police to watch all border checkpoints and submit a report on the results of their work. Mr. Sok told Khmer Times yesterday that he had not yet received the summons, even though police said they took it to his home in Daun Keo town in Takeo province.

He is now looking for a lawyer to defend him and will attend the court hearing later this week. “I confirm that I will not escape, but maybe [they should] delay it for clarification in case I cannot find a lawyer in time,” he said.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/35478/analyst---s-friends-arrested/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 15/02