Ubon Ratchathani Blood Tests

Mike45

I'm looking for a place in Ubon Ratchathani city that can do blood tests without having to pay an excessive price for a doctors consultation. I'm going to monitor my blood readings bimonthly. I don't want to go to a hospital. Ideally it's a place I can go to and choose my tests and simply have the blood drawn.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

You could check with Rajavej Hospital. They did  full blood tests and etc that would be done as part of physical last year without seeing a doctor there. Did it prior to eye surgery at the request of the opthamologist.

Blood test cost was 1,160 baht 

Can't help about Ubon.

Just know that in our district town as well as in Khon Kaen there are private labs which do the tests (and only tests) for very competitive prices.

But:

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Blood test cost was 1,160 baht 

this sounds reasonable for a substantial blood test.

On 15.2.2017 at 4:35 PM, Mike45 said:

BC, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides, cholesterol, PSA, A1C, testosterone

PSA and testosterone are not in the usual packages here.

You have to ask about that.

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

this sounds reasonable for a substantial blood test.

There was a lot results on it. If I recall correctly it was three A5 sized sheets long. Everything in English with the results and normal ranges shown. The worst part was having to show up at 6am fasting for the previous 6 hours. Was having a no caffeine attack.

My wife went to Rajavej a hospital with my list of tests they quoted over four thousand baht. Then we found Top Lab one block away from Sappasit Hospital. It's exactly what I was looking for a walk-in laboratory with reasonable prices. They quoted me 1750 Baht for my tests.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Which one of packages fits what you want.

A quick look at that list appears that what I got at Rajavej  was equal to the gold or somewhere between silver and gold.

I needed more that just the blood test. I got my blood pressure checked, a EKG and a chest x ray done also.

For routine blood tests over the years, I have used both Top Lab and UbonrakThonburiHospital.  A full range of tests including PSA. Five years ago I did identical tests at both places on the same day (morning) to compare results. Both were similar but Ubonrak Thonburi was slightly more expensive. For convenience I perfer Top Lab because it is quicker; more so if one arrives at opening time at 7 am, having fasted all night for the cholesterol tests. 

For comprehensive physical tests I have had these done at Ubonrak Thonburi. The last physical tests were done two years for my new medical health insurance which demanded a lot. It cost 5,010 baht for the lab tests, 400 baht for the EKG, 2,500 baht for the echo, 2,500 baht for the exercise stress tests on the treadmill, and 630 baht for other small tests. Not cheap at all at a total of 11,040 baht.

But the good thing was  I got my health insurance with Pacific Cross in Bangkok which I can carry through for the rest of my life if I so desire to pay the annual premiums. This was important for me as my current health insurance with AIA would cease once I turned 75. 

Archived