AussieExpaTV

gkroo

Service looks good. However most of these programs are already available via other means at no cost.

Would be good if they had a free trial so people could  check the quality of the stream and if there is any buffering.

And as you noted they are not forthcoming with the cost of their service and other terms and conditions. Sign up for one month or 6 or more? Cancellation fees if any?

HD or SD quality etc.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

Apparently the Aust channels are done using an Aust VPN thus they give you channel 7 and also Nine that gives you the live sport ?? they will give you 24 hours free trial but if you message them via facebook they will answer other enquiries. 

If you have a friend or relative in Australia, preferably with an unlimited data internet connection, and even better if they have Foxtel, you could buy a Slingbox. 

You could stream the exact channels available in the house back in Australia but with no monthly fees.  You can change the channels of the TV and don't quote me on this, but if you put a splitter on the antenna cable in the house, you can be watching one channel in Thailand and your friend or relative watching another channel in the house in Australia, but I don't think this can work with the Foxtel box, so you would need to pay a monthly fee for the second Foxtel box in the house which would only be for your Slingbox.  A second box is a lot cheaper than the first box. 

You can watch your Slingbox from anywhere in the world and because Sling Media host your own stream, you don't need a VPN. 

http://www.slingbox.com/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 7:42 PM, KhunHeineken said:

If you have a friend or relative in Australia, preferably with an unlimited data internet connection, and even better if they have Foxtel, you could buy a Slingbox. 

You could stream the exact channels available in the house back in Australia but with no monthly fees.  You can change the channels of the TV and don't quote me on this, but if you put a splitter on the antenna cable in the house, you can be watching one channel in Thailand and your friend or relative watching another channel in the house in Australia, but I don't think this can work with the Foxtel box, so you would need to pay a monthly fee for the second Foxtel box in the house which would only be for your Slingbox.  A second box is a lot cheaper than the first box. 

You can watch your Slingbox from anywhere in the world and because Sling Media host your own stream, you don't need a VPN. 

http://www.slingbox.com/

I looked at that, Aussie ISP's don't have high enough speed uploads (without silly money)

My Thai plan is common: 100/50ms for $50 a month (1300B). Aussies don't get unlimited speeds like this ... the DL maybe.. but not the other way and that's what the slingbox requires.

On 16/02/2017 at 2:28 AM, tlcwaterfall said:

Service looks good. However most of these programs are already available via other means at no cost.

Would be good if they had a free trial so people could  check the quality of the stream and if there is any buffering.

And as you noted they are not forthcoming with the cost of their service and other terms and conditions. Sign up for one month or 6 or more? Cancellation fees if any?

HD or SD quality etc.

am currently doing the free trial now, I had to use my work email as if it is the weekend they only allow trials to customers with corporate emails.  if I had wanted a trial on monday I could have used a personal email

not too sure what to think really,  the quality of the streams is very good , currently watching NRL in 1080 HD,

I am currently testing the full package, this was easy to start with, to access all the sport+movies+uk/usa entertainment, he helped me install to my Samsung Smart tv in under 5 minutes.

Perfect you think ?

well yes but there is a twist...

the local networks such as 7,9,10  and SBS require a little bit of fiddling around, he made me change my DNS settings, the aussie system does not use a vpn but tricks plus7 and 9now into thinking your traffic is coming from australia.

After 10 minutes, he finally got the aussie system working, 

and I can say it works perfectly if your willing to allow him to show you to change your dns settings

if you dont want to fiddle around with the DNS, then you dont need to

to be honest the package with the world entertainment/movies and sports covers all aussie sports and world sports,

so I will probably just go for either the sports package for 3000 baht or the sports+movies+entertianment for 4000 baht , for a 6 month package this 50% of my current sub with a different aussie tv supplier and have more channels.

BUT, I would think twice about buying the local channels if you are not technically a power user, you need to be able to change dns

sorry if you are the owner of this product but the first part looks very very good but the 2nd part needs a little work

back to the review, it has all UK freeview and UK sky and usa/world sports channels,

if you are a Aussie, nrl is covered every game, afl 7 live games per week, all aussie cricket and too much to list.

They have usa/canada entertainment as well and 1000s of movies and boxsets.

I would describe as the best I have seen in Thailand but they always are at first , it how they cope once they get popular

if it still works in 2 hours time I will sign up for sure as all the big PPV boxing and UFC is covered.

**dont blame me if you buy and it goes wrong***

23 hours ago, skippy121 said:

if it still works in 2 hours time I will sign up for sure as all the big PPV boxing and UFC is covered.

How did it go?

Did you sign up?

30 minutes ago, Encid said:

How did it go?

Did you sign up?

yes I have done and am very happy but remember this is only maybe 32 hours in, so you know early days

The quality of streams is so good that my SAMSUNG smart curve tv looks great with it, currently watching India V  Aus test match in full 1080i , not one issue with it, did have tiny issue with V8 supercars this morning but it was fixed within 5 mins

My only regret is that my smart tv does not allow me to change the region to AUS, he can get the Plus7 , 9NOW and tenplay apps working fine if your tv allows you to change the region and timezone.  To be honest I was happy to stick with Aussie sports and Uk/usa entertainment, 

I get all NRL , AFL , V8 , cricket etc and without any fiddling about and through one remote.

One of my friends last week bought his aussie sports package 

https://www.facebook.com/AussieExpaTV/posts/1661382944162770

he paid 3000 baht for 6 months for all the sports but my wife like English movies and boxsets so I had to go for the full package at 3600 baht for 6 months.

I am just happy to have a provider that does not try to force me to buy new android boxes or expensive boxes, I already own a zidoo X8 but my wife uses that

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/03/2017 at 4:08 AM, piewarmer said:

I looked at that, Aussie ISP's don't have high enough speed uploads (without silly money)

My Thai plan is common: 100/50ms for $50 a month (1300B). Aussies don't get unlimited speeds like this ... the DL maybe.. but not the other way and that's what the slingbox requires.

Mine streams to me fine out of Australia using ADSL2+ because there is no NBN where my Slingbox is yet.  The upload speed my Slingbox uses is 0.85Mbs which isn't very much but I can watch the stream fine over WiFi but it's a bit patchy over 3G. 

I think the Slingbox company buffer to cater for slow upload speed so you still get a smooth stream but just watch the stream a few seconds behind real time.  I have tested this by telephoning a friend watching the channel in Australia and the Slingbox stream was only a few seconds behind.  

Edited by KhunHeineken

On 04/03/2017 at 8:46 PM, skippy121 said:

am currently doing the free trial now, I had to use my work email as if it is the weekend they only allow trials to customers with corporate emails.  if I had wanted a trial on monday I could have used a personal email

not too sure what to think really,  the quality of the streams is very good , currently watching NRL in 1080 HD,

I am currently testing the full package, this was easy to start with, to access all the sport+movies+uk/usa entertainment, he helped me install to my Samsung Smart tv in under 5 minutes.

Perfect you think ?

well yes but there is a twist...

the local networks such as 7,9,10  and SBS require a little bit of fiddling around, he made me change my DNS settings, the aussie system does not use a vpn but tricks plus7 and 9now into thinking your traffic is coming from australia.

After 10 minutes, he finally got the aussie system working, 

and I can say it works perfectly if your willing to allow him to show you to change your dns settings

if you dont want to fiddle around with the DNS, then you dont need to

to be honest the package with the world entertainment/movies and sports covers all aussie sports and world sports,

so I will probably just go for either the sports package for 3000 baht or the sports+movies+entertianment for 4000 baht , for a 6 month package this 50% of my current sub with a different aussie tv supplier and have more channels.

BUT, I would think twice about buying the local channels if you are not technically a power user, you need to be able to change dns

sorry if you are the owner of this product but the first part looks very very good but the 2nd part needs a little work

back to the review, it has all UK freeview and UK sky and usa/world sports channels,

if you are a Aussie, nrl is covered every game, afl 7 live games per week, all aussie cricket and too much to list.

They have usa/canada entertainment as well and 1000s of movies and boxsets.

I would describe as the best I have seen in Thailand but they always are at first , it how they cope once they get popular

**dont blame me if you buy and it goes wrong***

Does someone come to your house for the install, or is the install done remotely? 

Can you use this service anywhere in the world or only in Thailand?

Edited by KhunHeineken

13 hours ago, piewarmer said:

Thanks for the review, I have an Android box, sounds better than the poor AFL subscription feed this year...bugger all pre-game.. I'm going to try it.

I also have an Android box, which has made my Slingbox just a backup for me now.  I kept the Slingbox because there are no ongoing monthly fees.  Once you buy the box, that's it. Plus, it was already set up so why not leave it in place?

Sometimes I have a problem with Kodi or the internet streams are poor quality, and if it's going to be something that's going to take some time to fix, or I can't find a better quality stream, I just go to the Slingbox and watch the match, otherwise I will miss it.  The Slingbox website is very reliable.  It has never been down when I have wanted to watch something. 

New Slingboxes are cheap now, and even cheaper for a secondhand one.  If you have friends or relatives back home with an unlimited internet plan, you could also set one up as a backup. 

I have posted another thread asking people on this forum how the streams of sport and movies get onto the internet / Android box.  Just amazes me.

2 hours ago, piewarmer said:

Do they have unlimited plans in Oz? 

If you are talking about internet plans, of course there are unlimited plans available.

If you are talking about the Slingbox, there are no plans.  Once you buy the box, that's it.  Watch your television that is back in Australia, or any other country where you put the Slingbox, from anywhere in the world, over the internet.

I have mine connected to a Foxtel box and only subscribe to the sports package.

I know a guy who has two.  One in Australia for him, for when he is in Thailand, and one in Thailand for his Thai wife, for when they are in Australia. 

Kodi on an Android box works well, so my Slingbox is just a backup now, but sometimes I have to resort to using it and it's good to have it when I'm in airports or in a taxi or bus.

Edited by KhunHeineken