Which entrance to Utapao Airport?

digbeth

Had a trip coming up this weekend, so decide to did a trial run to the airport see how things go.... 
Drove down from Central Pattaya early this morning, took the Silverlake road into 331 and straight down to Sukhumvit... at the junction between Sukhumvit and 331 I turned left into Sukhumvit from 331 and then right into the base's main entrance, stopping for the checkpoint... and after a long stretch of very clean but desserted road in the base. looks like I am almost lost in the base and I was going to complain that there seem to be a lack of signage for the 'International' Airport but I just keep going straight and found another checkpoint and what appears to be an exit to the main bit of the base... then I found many signs pointing to the Airport....

After consulting the map, looks like the Main entrance is actually down the 3126 road that I should have continued on at the intersection with the Suk and eventually I'd arrive at the entrance that'd take me to the Airport.

Question is.. do the military mind people taking shortcut through their base? 

Which entrance should I've used instead? The main road (where there's a big seaplane on static display) down the base is like a six lane parade, well lit and spotlessly clean, the 'proper' entrance road is just a single carriageway and looks very dark in the early hours of this morning.

stay on the 331, at the traffic lights with the Suk, go straight across, keeping the hospital on the left, about 2 kilos on the left is the entrance with '' one airport 2 missions''

Edited by steve187