Slight change on 1 year ex at Kap Choen

louse1953

G'day gents,i went to Kap Choen,Surin Immigration yesterday and there has been a slight change from last year.The bank book update must be on the day of going to Immigration.Previously,the day before was accepted.I was ok,as i just had to cross the road to Bangkok Bank.A gent after me was with Siam Commercial and he had to go 20 klms back to Prasat.I warned him that that branch is not farang friendly.ATM could have done the job i suppose but they don't always work.All good as usual.i'm running out of pages so they squeezed it in way back in the passport.Also i told them i wont be home on a few days as i'm going to Siem Reap.They said if not home they will see the Poo Yai.She's never home,but up to them.Seeing as they gave me the extension,instead of "under consideration for 1 month" i doubt they will be around at all.I didn't think visiting every retired person,every year would last long.

G'day gents,i went to Kap Choen,Surin Immigration yesterday and there has been a slight change from last year.The bank book update must be on the day of going to Immigration.Previously,the day before was accepted.I was ok,as i just had to cross the road to Bangkok Bank.A gent after me was with Siam Commercial and he had to go 20 klms back to Prasat.I warned him that that branch is not farang friendly.ATM could have done the job i suppose but they don't always work.All good as usual.i'm running out of pages so they squeezed it in way back in the passport.Also i told them i wont be home on a few days as i'm going to Siem Reap.They said if not home they will see the Poo Yai.She's never home,but up to them.Seeing as they gave me the extension,instead of "under consideration for 1 month" i doubt they will be around at all.I didn't think visiting every retired person,every year would last long.

Same requirement for bank details in Kaset Wisai last month for marriage extension. Nearly 4 weeks to process renewal .

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk

The under consideration for retirement extension was done away with about 6 months back at Surin immigration, this was the same time that Buriram Immigration opened. The same day requirement for a bank letter came into effect about 60 days back. , Bangkok, Buriram and Surin Immigration now require your letter from your bank to be dated the same day as you apply.

35 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Just the bank letter, never had 30 days under consideration. That is just a conn to get money if you want it same day?

Thanks for the clarification. As to the 30 day under consideration for a retirement extension it was not a conn and existed for a year at 

Kap Choeng Immigration which at that time had jurisdiction over Surin and Buriram Provinces. There were a few more immigration offices that tried it. This policy was discontinued when Buriram got their own Immigration office.

never had a problem with the day before bank letter,as my extension [800k.bht] has never been touched in 8yrs.

another thing is i am always at immigration before they open.

all the banks [tesco or the mall dont open till 11AM.then you have to order the letter.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:04 PM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well my bank opens 8.30am and I order the letter the day before, called organised?? many offices who tried this 30 day lark would issue same day if 3000 was paid, certainly Udon did.

Why are you talking about graft when none was asked for or requested.For some reason.IO wanted to come out and see how we were getting on in our homes.That was why it was on hold for a month,nothing to do with perceived graft.How organized do you have to be to get the letter same day without ordering.8.30,1st in,1st served,out in 5 minutes.Walk across the road.Half hour later,have extension.Free coffee.

12 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I bet if you asked 3000 would have had it issued immediately? 

I paid the fee and visa was issued on the spot so guess the importance of seeing how we get on at home is easily overruled by a few baht!

Archived