slow download speed on 3bb adsl in Jomtien. Anyone else?

alocacoc

2 hours ago, rick44 said:

Same problem! About 2-3 days now. Good if you could post an update after the technician has visited!

Hello Rick.

I stay at View Talay 2. Maybe you too?

I just called 3bb again since nobody reached me out. I got told, they tried to solve the problem on thir server side. Since no success, a technician will come to check the line / box outside the building.

I will update there will be something to update.

Edited by alocacoc

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

A technician just came to me. He fixed something outside on the street. Now I have normal speed again.

Hope you are lucky too.

If you can login to your modem/router the status page might show line attenuation.
Write this number down when you have good quality internet.
Next time your internet is poor over many days check the value in your router to see if it has increased considerably.
This is a basic test of your line quality passing through the mass of joints and spaghetti in your Soi.

Thank you maxpower.

Here my values:

Upstream line attenuation (dB) 14.5

Downstream line attenuation(dB) 7.5

But I'm a bit confused. I found this:

20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is good
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

So, my line is perfect? Can't believe it.

The SNR level seems to be bad.

6dB or below SNR is bad, you will experience no sync, or intermittent sync problems
7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variation in conditions
11dB-20dB is good with little or no sync problems (if no large variation)
20dB-28dB is excellent
29dB or above is outstanding

Edited by alocacoc

7 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Thank you maxpower.

Here my values:

Upstream line attenuation (dB) 14.5

Downstream line attenuation(dB) 7.5

But I'm a bit confused. I found this:

20dB and below is outstanding
20dB-30dB is excellent
30dB-40dB is very good
40dB-50dB is good
50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues

So, my line is perfect? Can't believe it.

1 minute ago, alocacoc said:

Capture111w.JPG

Keep that snapshot for future ref. Don't dig too deep into Google info  :)

17 minutes ago, maxpower said:

If you are in a condo that shares one connection, this would only check your line to the shared point within the building. If the problem is beyond that point then everyone in the building will have a problem.

I'm in a condo. Once I asked for VDSL. A technician came to my room and tested the quality of line and says, I should stick with ADSL. The line quality wouldn't be suitable for VDSL. He told me to replace a cable outside of the building. I spoke to the office manager. She said, that would be a big job and very expensive. They would discuss this topic. But this is months ago. So I guess, they won't do anything.

Sure, higher speed would be nice. But as long I keep the speed which I have now (14Mb/1.8Mb) I can live with it. Actually downstream speed should be 18Mb. But never got above 15Mb.

Edited by alocacoc

2 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

I'm in a condo. Once I asked for VDSL. A technician came to my room and tested the quality of line and says, I shouldn't stick with ADSL. The line quality wouldn't be suitable for VDSL. He told me to replace a cable outside of the building. I spoke to the office manager. She said, that would be a big job and very expensive. They would discuss this topic. But this is months ago. So I guess, they won't do anything.

Sure, higher speed would be nice. But as long I keep the speed which I have now (14Mb/1.8Mb) I can live with it. Actually downstream speed should be 18Mb. But never got above 15Mb.

Sounds like a whole bunch of phone lines running out to the Soi. The building will eventually be forced to upgrade as pressure for faster broadband increases. 

Just now, maxpower said:

Sounds like a whole bunch of phone lines running out to the Soi. The building will eventually be forced to upgrade as pressure for faster broadband increases. 

Yeah. It seems, now they try to push rather TMN cable Internet and 3bb WiFi. However, I'll stick with my current 3bb ADSL plan as long I can. Only hope it doesn't get worse.