MALINDO AIR..

les1

Has any one flown Malindo Air? I have just come across the Airline didn't know it existed. Just wondered what they are like.

Any info' would be gratefully received, thanks..                       confused:unsure:

an easy google would have given the answer, but yes Ive flown them-they have taken over the Malay lines of ThaiLion and are in the same big Indonesian airline family (also noted for often cited not well enough trained pilots) of  LIOnair-which is expanding even more agressive and more quickly as AirAsia. As the name suggests, mostly aiming at MY-India flites (MY has a far more sizeable Indian population as Th does) and of course MY-Indo.

Even cheaper as AA, the more as they do not (yet?) want extra money for luggage and even give you a tiny snack on board. Mostly brand new planes.

On 17/02/2017 at 8:50 AM, asanee said:

an easy google would have given the answer, but yes Ive flown them-they have taken over the Malay lines of ThaiLion and are in the same big Indonesian airline family (also noted for often cited not well enough trained pilots) of  LIOnair-which is expanding even more agressive and more quickly as AirAsia. As the name suggests, mostly aiming at MY-India flites (MY has a far more sizeable Indian population as Th does) and of course MY-Indo.

Even cheaper as AA, the more as they do not (yet?) want extra money for luggage and even give you a tiny snack on board. Mostly brand new planes.

A lot of wrong information given here.

They have not taken over the "Malay Lines" (what is that anyway?), they are a MALAYSIAN, not a MALAY Airline.

They existed long before Thai Lion was established.

They do not aim "mostly at MY - India" flights. They did fly to many domestic and international destinations (incl Bangkok) before they started Indian destinations as part of their expansion plans.

"As the name suggests" --->>  MALINDO has nothing to do with "India", but with INDONESIA, where LionAir hails from.

Apart from that, it is a good little Airline, even offering business class nowadays. Of the three Lion's flying around the air, they are the most reliable and best managed, in my humble opinion (had 100+ flights overall on all thee Lion branches in the past decade).

Avoid the original Lion Air of Indonesia though, if you have a chance