Thai govt orders crackdown on all copyright infringement activities

webfact

Government orders crackdown on all copyright infringement activities

BANGKOK, 17 February 2017 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister for Public Security General Prawit Wongsuwan has ordered all relevant agencies to expediting work to crackdown on all copyright infringement activities in the Kingdom. 

General Prawit on Thursday chaired a meeting of the subcommittee in charge of cracking down on copyright infringement. 

At the meeting, General Prawit urged all related offices and agencies, particularly the Ministry of Commerce, to act swiftly to address this issue, as the problem continues to damage both the country’s reputation and business revenue. 

The Deputy Prime Minister also requested that the general public refrain from buying counterfeit products, as such activities are illegal and hurt the nation significantly. 

General Prawit added that Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha has instructed police and relevant agencies to step up arrests of those involved in such practices, and to destroy counterfeit products in order to remove them from market circulation.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-02-17

Frankly they should start by getting all government offices in order so that they are good examples as even the police are using cracked versions of Windows. Out of over 100 computers in the college only 1 is running genuine Windows... my laptop!

“The Deputy Prime Minister also requested that the general public refrain from buying counterfeit products, as such activities are illegal and hurt the nation significantly.”

It must really hurt the nation when all that foreign currency  pours into the Thai economy as a result of purchasing those products. Haven't seen much inflation as a result.

27 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

By the end of the week, everybody gonna be naked then? :clap2:

I have counterfeit T-shirt, counterfeit underwears, should I expect a crackdown.?

Although I think the wife is genuine, can I still report her, just in case? :giggle:

So Crack down means showing Crack.

Tl will be very interesting the land of smiles and crack

1 hour ago, jaltsc said:

“The Deputy Prime Minister also requested that the general public refrain from buying counterfeit products, as such activities are illegal and hurt the nation significantly.”

It must really hurt the nation when all that foreign currency  pours into the Thai economy as a result of purchasing those products. Haven't seen much inflation as a result.

If the Govt removed the daft luxury and import taxes then the genuine  products would be more affordable for the average Thai. Many only purchase copies as the price of the original is out of their reach. Would also mean that Thais would buy less luxury goods overseas to evade tax and that foreign tourists might consider purchasing luxury goods in Thailand instead of HK, Singapore and Dubai.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Deputy Prime Minister also requested that the general public refrain from buying counterfeit products, as such activities are illegal and hurt the nation significantly. 

If the citizens quit buying these products the economy is in real trouble. Another flavor of the day announcement. 

Annual crackdown ........ what's next?

At a guess a statement from a senior government official/minister saying Thailand has significantly reduced the amount of conterfeiting going on and expects to be upgraded in some upcoming report from the US Govt followed by said report being released with Thailand showing no change.

1 hour ago, Orac said:
7 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:
Annual crackdown ........ what's next?

At a guess a statement from a senior government official/minister saying Thailand has significantly reduced the amount of conterfeiting going on and expects to be upgraded in some upcoming report from the US Govt followed by said report being released with Thailand showing no change.

But first, a photo op with some pointing...

I bet that if i go to ANY market or mall i see loads of copy copy brandnames....also tomorrow, next week and next month...

Just like i'll see motocycles without helmet driving against traffic every 10 seconds.

This is Thailand and it won't change.

4 hours ago, zorro1 said:

What about all the farang that married hookers. These are counterfeit wives, will they be seized?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Don't be concerned. Just quietly ask your wife how she feels about being thus classified and make sure she is secure at home and can't be seized. That's what all good farangs would do. The marriage registry office is not concerned with the occupations of the couples that appear before them.

33 minutes ago, Nbarch said:

So no more goods from China then; this includes submarines.

What is it about the Chinese subs that you seem to object to? Are they exact copies of American, British or German subs, or are they made in China from Chinese designs?

What about genuine I phones and other mainstream electrical items from brand name manufacturers who presently have manufacturing facilities in PRC? Not everything made in PRC is fake.

10 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Frankly they should start by getting all government offices in order so that they are good examples as even the police are using cracked versions of Windows. Out of over 100 computers in the college only 1 is running genuine Windows... my laptop!

:thumbsup:  Yeah, one should clean one's own yard before walking through the neighborhood to extol others to clear theirs. 

10 hours ago, the guest said:

Another charade! Who needs TV comedy, when you have muppets like these?

When it comes to government sponsored comedy, I hope you caught the 1 hour and 17 minute press conference conducted by the alleged leader of the free world, The Donald. Calling him a muppet would be considered disparaging muppets.

Edited by Suradit69

As long as Internet stays open they can do all the crack downs they want , who would buy DVD's these days anyway .  They must be living in the stone age.  BTW , just downloaded a great movie, come and arrest me. 

Edited by balo

14 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

You are lucky man with the school you proudly tell about. Know others who are not so lucky and did already been switched over to the genuine products after being visited and fined. I do talk about profit, non profit organisations, and government (related). Just a matter of time for your area I guess.

14 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

You are lucky man with the school you proudly tell about. Know others who are not so lucky and did already been switched over to the genuine products after being visited and fined. I do talk about profit, non profit organisations, and government (related). Just a matter of time for your area I guess.