Popular Hua Hin nightspot set to be shut down after underage drinkers found

rooster59

Popular Hua Hin nightspot set to be shut down after underage drinkers found

Hua hin.PNG

Image: Daily News

A Hua Hin bar popular with teenagers is set to be closed down after a raid by the military.

The raid on the Bang Bar in Phra Pok Klao Road near the railway line followed complaints by the public of underage drinking and noise from the establishment.

Soldiers found 22 of the customers were aged 16-19 with two testing positive for Ya Ba and ganja usage. Some dry ganja was found left on a table.

Manager Theeraphon Rungple, 38, was charged with having no license, allowing people under the age of 20 to enter and serving alcohol to minors.

The underage drinkers had their details taken and their parents were informed following the raid that happened Wednesday night but was announced to the press yesterday.

The Hua Hin district chief has recommended to Prajuab governor Thawee Narissirikun that the Bang Bar be slapped with a five year closure order.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-18

Whenever I read stuff like this, I wonder what the back story is.  

Have your bouncers beat the crap out of a pesky foreigner (just make sure it's not a General's kid) and you're back in business 5 minutes later.  Have some underage drinkers, and you're shut down for 5 years? 

I suspect there's some business rivalry actually driving this.

Back home, we have family bars where kids can come in and eat and dance (country and western and light rock) with their families and with groups of other kids- and it works out great.  I'm sure some of them show up after a toke or two on the left handed cigarettes, and sneak some beer from someone else's glass.  But they're doing it in a family atmosphere, with old farts as role models- good and bad role models.  Otherwise, the teenie boppers are parked out at no-name hill, slamming down God knows what and doing all kinds of stuff in the back seat- before they drive themselves home 3 sheets to the wind.

3 hours ago, khunano said:

In my home country "minors" from age 16 are allowed to drink beer and wine.... different countries different rules....

Exactly! Means that there are Thai rules here.

Just close the place down. No need for these kind of establishment. Just embarrassing that people can´t follow the rules.

20 hours ago, zorro1 said:

Excellent, no excuse for minors drinking.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I used to go to bars everyday after work with the men from the age of 15yrs. The drinking age at the time was 21yrs. I was never asked for proof of age but I admit I looked older as I already had a goatee. However it did not do me any harm never got me into trouble and I gave up drinking booze years ago. I am 70yrs lod now and do not regret my drinking years. However times have changed maybe they put fighting pills in the booze these days.

Archived