Carrom

guardian

Game of Carrom  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Playing Carrom is one of the favorite pastimes for many youths and adults alike in India. I don't know whether farangs play or are even aware of it. I searched TV but did not come up with any results.

So, does anyone know whether this game is available for purchase in Bangkok :o ? Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi did you find a Carrom board in Thailand?

Playing Carrom is one of the favorite pastimes for many youths and adults alike in India. I don't know whether farangs play or are even aware of it. I searched TV but did not come up with any results.

So, does anyone know whether this game is available for purchase in Bangkok :o ? Thank you.

Is it a table game like snooker? If so I've seen the game once on television (in Thailand actually) in a tournament featuring snooker, billiards, carom and pool. Never seen or heard of it since anywhere so I'm interested that it is popular in India.

Best of luck in your search, once you find a table you'll need find players. A tough call for both methinks.

• 3 weeks later...

No, have not been able to find any in Thailand yet.

Phil, yes it's somewhat like a table snooker. Only difference is that instead of using a long stick, the coins are hit with the fingers. It's a game that require 2 to 4 players. So, finding just one another player is not a big problem though.

• 2 years later...

This thread is nigh on two and a half years old and I don't recall seeing the OP recently.

I believe that Carom is played in Bangkok but am not sure it is the same game. The OP's response talked about hitting "coins" with the fingers. My experience of the game, from television, is that it's like billiards but with no pockets. I vaguely recall another thread here on TV in the dim and distant past about this game. Try using the search function, not the most friendly nor reliable I would say but it's all you got unless you go Google, and see if you can dredge it up (use Carrom and Carom).

just an update since i bumped this thread. i cannot find anywhere to buy the board here in Thailand. obviously buying and getting one shipped is no problem, but the board will weigh about 30lbs (if it's quality wood). going to cost a small fortune and then for sure i will have to pay an additional duty at the post office (probably around 1000bht).

anyway, for those who haven't seen this game before, have a look:

The image just appears as a whhite square but I've Googled it and been edificated. There is Carom Billiards (that I know) and Carrom with discs that I've just learnt about. :o

That's the good news (for me), the bad news is I don't know nuffin' about the game but I would have thought the best approach is to seek out an Indian community and ask them.

• 2 weeks later...
I imported a Carrom board here in the UK in the 70's.

Spent many hours playing.

I found many carrom board on website but have to order from UK.. and it is expensive (to me) I am thai. I am wondering where I can buy a carrom board in Thailand with a good quality board and good strikers

Anyone ever find it in Bangkok????

Thank you

I found many carrom board on website but have to order from UK.. and it is expensive (to me) I am thai. I am wondering where I can buy a carrom board in Thailand with a good quality board and good strikers

Thank you

Thank you

Hi there did you have any luck? How many people do you know that play carrom in Bangkok?

• 2 months later...

Hello guys & Girls

I played this game in India while i was working there very addictive.If anyone is interested in Pattaya i will organise a couple of board to be imported & get it going i have one in Uk & i am baclward & forwrda every month Pm me if you r intrested.

John B-P

Hi there did you have any luck? How many people do you know that play carrom in Bangkok?

• 1 month later...