Uk Settlement Visa

Hi all,

i am just in the process of gathering up all of the documents that i need to make a settlement visa application for my lady. my question is do i really need to supply photocopies of every document that i give in with the application

ie. copies of all phone bills , water bills, gas bills etc.its just i am finding myself witha mountain of paperwork, or is it just the way it is and i must have 2 copies of everything.

also i am wondering when i show my bank accounts statements , i have printed them from my online bank account rather than got them from my bank?

thanks for any advice

scooty

Hi all,

i am just in the process of gathering up all of the documents that i need to make a settlement visa application for my lady. my question is do i really need to supply photocopies of every document that i give in with the application

ie. copies of all phone bills , water bills, gas bills etc.its just i am finding myself witha mountain of paperwork, or is it just the way it is and i must have 2 copies of everything.

also i am wondering when i show my bank accounts statements , i have printed them from my online bank account rather than got them from my bank?

thanks for any advice

scooty

I used online printed bank statements when I applied for my Thai gf's tourist visa and that was acceptable and we had no problems.(I live in Thailand so don't have hard copies from the bank). Basicly do exactly what it says on the application form. If you fail to supply anything or supply anything incorrectly and you will have problems.

Thanks for the advice, the reason that i ask is i downloaded a checklist for the application. the list shows the usual documents that are required but at the end of the list there is a note that says to provide photocopies of everything that is on the above list.so basicly this must mean to photocopy every document. i have seen other check lists that dont mention anything about any photocopies. i suppose i should photocopy everything to be sure, but then i will need a small suitcase for all of the documents that i have gathered.

cheers

scooty

Hi all

I probably sent more than was required but I would think it's better than being asked for something later...

It would seem everything went well...girlfriend called me this morning and had just picked up her visa...she'll be in UK next wednesday...###### it!!...I've gotta get the xmas tree out now...

Her visa was done in 2days and no questions asked...what a relief...can't tell you how much i'm looking forward to seeing her

I sent...

the letter I posted as a sample

orginal bank statements and copies...kept copies for myself

every page in the passport...certified by solicitor

mortgage statement copy

proof of earnings

copies of phone bills with calls highlighted

anything relative to girlfriend like land/property owned etc...originals and copies...just happened I had chanots ID etc in UK with me

can't think what else at mo...just glad it's all done

I put notes on originals and asked for them to be returned when finished with...gf recons they gave the lot back

good luck guys

jgbc

Thanks jqbc, congratulatins to you and your lady on getting the visa.Yes youll have to put up with the xmas tree.

thanks for the information. i am prepairing my application now, so far i have got these documenyts:-

copy of every page of my passport certified by my bank and photocopy

photocopy of my birth certificate

8 months bank statements and copies with stamp from my bank.

copy of my savings bank account

reciepts from bank to show money transfers from my account to tgf in thailand

reciepts for purchace of my travellers cheques

photocopy of share holdings i have in stock market investements

my mortgage statement and photocopy

letters from bank about interest rate rises for mortgage

electric/gas/water/council tax bills

copy of TV licence

landline and mobile phone bills

copies of e-mail exchanges

visa card bill for purchace of engagement jewlery bought in thailand 2005

reciept from hotel we stayed in thailand 2005

copy of my flight details to thailand for 2007

copy of my travel insurance certificate for january 2006

3 sets of photographs for 2005 thailand, 2006 thailand and 2006 uk

letters from my employers

my sponsor letter

letter from tgf college to say she is studying

thats it for now but there will be more to come when i get to thailand in january

cheers

scooty

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I wasn't sure which posting to put this on, but I guess this one is as good as any, as I hope some people will see it.

This week (mon 18/12/06) My wife got her Uk Settlement visa, and she is now at home with me already, just 5 days later.

What I can say is this must be the ultimute christmas gift, to arrive 2 days before the 25th.

We had a tourist visa refused earlier in June this year and we both know what it feels like to be rejected,like so many others here, but this had only bonded us even closer together and more determined for next time.

We Married in August and emediately applied for a settlement visa, which we both worked very hard at to make sure everything was absolutely correct before submitting the application.

We did go to an Agency because we were both scared to death of another refusal,and only wanted a document check but they persuaded us to have the full service with money back gurantee, but sure enough just like like many other agency's, yes a complete waste of MONEY.

We both strongly believe we could have done it ourselfs ,and this is why I am writing here to thank everyone that has contributed on this site, because it has given me more information and confidence than any Agency could. Yes its all here.

I would welcome any one, for any help that I can possibly give back in return for our own sucsess.

Thanks again all

Congrats Twizzian

My fiance arrived on the 19th Dec just in time for xmas so I know how you feel.

Just wishing you both (and of course everyone on TV) a great life and a wonderful New Year

jgbc

Cheers buddy, Nice to hear that I'm not the only one to get their girl at this special time of the year.

Best wishes and Happy New Year to both of you too.

Twizz